Post-Game Talk: White Out on the Horizon, Jets 5 - Lames 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
9 shots on goal for Vilardi tonight. Guy's hands are absolutely insane in tight spaces.

Connor, Scheifele, Monahan, and Vilardi were the only forwards that broke 14 minutes. They all played over 21 minutes. Weird deployment. Bowness needs to get back to rolling lines, if not balancing them a bit better.
He should really have scored 5 goals with 9 shots.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It was a tale of two games.
For whatever reason, Bones decided to put Scheifele and Connor back together. Then for the first half of the second period they got outshot something like 17-4.
Thankfully he came to his senses and put Ehlers back in the first line, and what do you know, the team looks great again.
Without Vilardi, we are not the same team. We need his talent on the pp.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
That's a really tough question, me personally i would scratch Iafallo right now because i like Barron's speed and work ethic . But what a problem to have.
Ultimately Perfetti is probably headed back to the pressbox with slow Gus and Kupari unless he a monster week, which is too bad.
It is a good problem to have. Better than the days when we could barely put out 12 forwards that could skate without tripping over the red line.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ultimately Perfetti is probably headed back to the pressbox with slow Gus and Kupari unless he a monster week, which is too bad.
It is a good problem to have. Better than the days when we could barely put out 12 forwards that could skate without tripping over the red line.
He is not. I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.
Ya the way Perfetti is playing he will be in the lineup now.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Clinching >>> Clenching

Hoping Helle can get a game or two off going into the remainder of the season. Hoping Bones stays away from Scheifele + Connor in the playoffs. Hoping Vilardi is health the rest of the way. Nothing unreasonable there.

Didn't see the third as I pulled a @macmaroon at the end of the 2nd. Didn't look at the box score but assuming I could have posted #firebradlauer at the end of the five minute major.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Perfetti playing awesome but I can't help but believe it's him if I'm being realistic
I think we have pre malaise Koal back, who's a legit, 60 point top 6 winger.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that happens.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Appleton is playing the best hockey of his career right now and I don't think he should or will come out.

Iafallo plays a pretty mistake free game. Sure, his production isn't great, but how many times do you remember a bad defensive play happening and thinking "f***, Alex!" You need players that you can 100% trust in the playoffs, so no way I'm pulling him out.

I love Barron. I'm always praying he finds a way to start producing a little more. He is a bull, gives heavy effort, and doesn't hurt you. I'd hate to pull him out, but this is the complication of having an extremely deep forward corps.

When healthy, our black aces are:

Kup Gus Barron
Stanley Miller

And further insurance:

Axel Toni
Heinola Capo

You have to feel really good having legit NHL talent practically half a team deep just salivating at the chance to play.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Miller makes me nervous. This feels weird to say, but give me Stanley over him any day.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I’m constantly wondering why Connor is so far away from the net. Even on the PP he stands closer to the boards than the faceoff dot. He needs to get to the spot where if the two guys covering Vilardi and Monahan have their sticks on them Schiefele can make the pass between the two of them to Connor. But Connor stands so high he’s covered by the same guy that’s covering Monahan.

There was a play in the 3rd where there was a battle in the left wing corner, Vilardi comes out o the scrum with it and Connor is standing at about 4:00 on the RW faceoff circle. Vilardi make the pass through from the corner to the front of the net but Connor was too high to get it. Vilardi made another pass from the side of the net backwards between his legs right through the crease and again Connor (pretty sure it was Connor)was too high.

Connor needs to get closer and he will be fine. But he has to start doing it.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Coelacanth of the game:

#13 Gabriel Vilardi

Gabriel-Vilardi-Jets-scaled.jpg

2e90e9b2e612738b92a94e8047e88afd8d3a0573.gif

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I'm not joking when I say this, but even if we got nothing in return for PLD, the Jets were coming out ahead. To get a guy like Villardi, is just a huge , huge bonus. If he can stay healthy, it would be fantastic.

I don't believe you can win in todays NHL, unless all players are on board, and want to be here, with the will to win. The NHL, has a lot of parody in it, and you have to bring a total team effort to win.
Paging Inigo Montoya.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I always wonder how we even manage to sneak into the playoffs all the time. Hellebuyck might just be the reason.
Sneak in?

We've been listed by Moneypuck and others at higher than 98% to make the playoffs since the end of December. We've clinched a spot ahead of the Maple Leafs and ahead of the Oilers. We just won two games to punch our ticket.

Sneaked in?

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
3 out of 5 John McLanes

1712323378697.gif1712323378697.gif1712323378697.gif

Welp Vilardi should be a playoff performer

Mony MaHony and Tiny Eyes Tafoli ARE playoff performers.

We have a nice healthy plethora of D men corps.

Two very capable goalies

Only issue continues to be that PP and PK

Other than that we are full marks heading to the tournament.

The White Baron is gonna convert!

1712323230555.jpeg

GO JETS GO

Last edited:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We are worrying far too much about what may or may not happen in a couple of weeks. As last game showed all it takes is a fluke play to knock a player out for a week.

If Cole keeps playing well he's staying in.
I hope the next few games are good for him - especially against those central teams that are playoff bound.
He looks good and I hope he can carry that confidence into these tougher matchups - but he's not a sure thing - he can't let up.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole team responds to those tough games - ending on a high note is very important for this team IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad