Post-Game Talk: White Out on the Horizon, Jets 5 - Lames 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I mean we have years of data on that pairing. I think you know what you are getting by this point.
It's not about that pairing. It's about the trickle down to the other lines and the combos there

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's not about that pairing. It's about the trickle down to the other lines and the combos there

Well to me it seems that the trickle down since moving KC to the second line has been mostly positive.

I am trying to think of any team that tinkers a lot with their lineups heading into the postseason. I can't think of one.

I personally think they need the last half a dozen games to grow chemistry. Ive liked what ive seen from most of our forward lines the last few games. Really only Scheifele needs to up his game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
OK, so Ehlers get hurt game 2. Who are you putting in his spot? Its gonna be Connor

Sure, of course. But no way Bones needs to take another look at it.

Actually, from the way it looks right now, I would leave KC where he is and put Toffoli there, or even Perfetti. But I'm sure you're right. It would be KC.

Reactions: hn777

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Well to me it seems that the trickle down since moving KC to the second line has been mostly positive.

I am trying to think of any team that tinkers a lot with their lineups heading into the postseason. I can't think of one.

I personally think they need the last half a dozen games to grow chemistry. Ive liked what ive seen from most of our forward lines the last few games. Really only Scheifele needs to up his game.
Again, I'm not disgreeing. Just giving some possible insight into what Bones is thinking. This board seems to default to "he's incompetent" whenever he does something it doesn't like

And this is the part where everyone goes "he's probably just incompetent"

Reactions: Jets 31

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I loved the game after we tied it and I unclenched. And I was delighted that Ehlers redeemed himself after costing us a goal. And I was really happy that Vilardi got his hat trick, even though it cost me my accurate score prediction. The fact that we clinched our playoff spot is just icing on the chocolate.

And I will leave you gentlemen to argue endlessly about which player should play on which line and what happens if this guy or that guy is injured.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I wonder if we will keep him?
How much term and cap will it take? How much would be wise to give him?
It looks like he's a perfect fit ... Chevy should be able to sign him for 3 years ... $12-15M but if the Jets go deep and he does great in the playoffs a few teams will be interested and drive the price up. We know the Habs want him back.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Don't think that's really what happened at all. Ehlers was on the second line for that period. if ehlers is hurt in your hypothetical then it's someone from the bottom 6 getting into the second line after kc to the top line. I don't think they tried replicating anything there

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I also get the logic behind dressing Baron in favor of Cole.

However, Perfetti can take the decision out of the coach's hands by continuing to produce while not playing a risky game. I think Bones wants Cole in the top 6 - he had no problem stapling him there and even leaving him there for quite a few games after his production and confidence fell off a cliff.
If Perfetti was playing like this the whole season I don't think Chevy would have traded for Toffoli he probably would have gone after a good RH defenceman instead. What a nice problem to have but you know injuries will happen so why worry about it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I loved the game after we tied it and I unclenched. And I was delighted that Ehlers redeemed himself after costing us a goal. And I was really happy that Vilardi got his hat trick, even though it cost me my accurate score prediction. The fact that we clinched our playoff spot is just icing on the chocolate.

And I will leave you gentlemen to argue endlessly about which player should play on which line and what happens if this guy or that guy is injured.
Mmm chocolate.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Again, I'm not disgreeing. Just giving some possible insight into what Bones is thinking. This board seems to default to "he's incompetent" whenever he does something it doesn't like

And this is the part where everyone goes "he's probably just incompetent"

He's not, but like everyone has his preferences. I think Mark also prefers KC and Bones likely takes Mark's wishes into strong consideration. I think he saw Mark struggle out of the gate and thought the swap would get Mark going. It didn't work so he switched back.

I think it's really on Mark to make it work with his linemates. Fly and Gabe are clicking well and the rest of our forward group is playing well with their respective linemates.

I also think it's better for KC to be with Cole as the two have natural chemistry and Sean is able to do the small things well on that line.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He's not, but like everyone has his preferences. I think Mark also prefers KC and Bones likely takes Mark's wishes into strong consideration. I think he saw Mark struggle out of the gate and thought the swap would get Mark going. It didn't work so he switched back.

I think it's really on Mark to make it work with his linemates. Fly and Gabe are clicking well and the rest of our forward group is playing well with their respective linemates.

I also think it's better for KC to be with Cole as the two have natural chemistry and Sean is able to do the small things well on that line.
I think Scheifele is playing very good this season especially coming back to help defensively but he's got a great shot and to me he isn't using it enough especially on the PP .

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Same number of games as Iafallo - 11 more points.
8lpdxh.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think Scheifele is playing very good this season especially coming back to help defensively but he's got a great shot and to me he isn't using it enough especially on the PP .

He's largely had a real nice season. Was really only specifying his recent stretch of play. He's been a bit off to me.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If Perfetti was playing like this the whole season I don't think Chevy would have traded for Toffoli he probably would have gone after a good RH defenceman instead. What a nice problem to have but you know injuries will happen so why worry about it.
Spicoli , Lowry and Neo could make a great playoff line, big, strong and a guy who can put the puck in the net. :naughty:

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
I also get the logic behind dressing Baron in favor of Cole.

However, Perfetti can take the decision out of the coach's hands by continuing to produce while not playing a risky game. I think Bones wants Cole in the top 6 - he had no problem stapling him there and even leaving him there for quite a few games after his production and confidence fell off a cliff.

What is the logic of dressing a player that has played 7 more games than the other player and has less than half the points?

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016

Everyone says Scheifele is a hockey nerd. He must know his numbers, and the teams numbers, are better when he plays with Ehlers. So, if it is Scheifele that is insisting he play with Connor, he is either the dumbest hockey nerd on the planet or he is selfish.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Everyone says Scheifele is a hockey nerd. He must know his numbers, and the teams numbers, are better when he plays with Ehlers. So, if it is Scheifele that is insisting he play with Connor, he is either the dumbest hockey nerd on the planet or he is selfish.

He isn't a believer in advanced stats so there is that. Or atleast that is what he tells the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad