Post-Game Talk: White Out on the Horizon, Jets 5 - Lames 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I don't want to say I'm warming up to Sawyer because that will just to severe anal leakage but it seems of late hes calling out the Jets as a whole and individual players for some of their shit play.
Sawyer's glass-half-full view of everything, being a living "This is fine" meme was really ever his only problem. Other than that I think he's pretty good, and he's calling out the Jets more often when they're playing shitty.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Still confused about the Toffoli detractors. Guy's at worst been pretty good since arriving by my eye. I really like him on the 3rd line. His patience was on full display tonight and he got some solid chances as well. Him and Appleton created some pretty nice plays together.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
5/5 Stickmen for clinching, being in the post season again this year, Vilardi with the hatty and his work on the boards, his mitts and on the pp were sorely missed, Ehlers makes people in the arena sit up, Helle while not outstanding in any way needed to get this win under his belt, KFC nice hair but he should never be out late in the game, 5 minute major needs to score. Does Bones start to rest players it looks like third should be ours. 100 points in a nice number I'm sure the Jets would like to hit it.

d7tkgit-84de8bed-767e-486f-af94-8eb545d275b3.gif

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
After going back to the original lines, the Jets outshot Calgary 24-11.
I just hope Bowness keeps the lines like this. He seems to want to keep changing that line up, in spite of their great success. When you have something that works so well -- "just leave it alone." Ehlers on the 1st line, and Connor on the 2nd line works fantastic. Please leave it as is.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
:naughty:

Still confused about the Toffoli detractors. Guy's at worst been pretty good since arriving by my eye. I really like him on the 3rd line. His patience was on full display tonight and he got some solid chances as well. Him and Appleton created some pretty nice plays together.
At least he shoots the puck, the Jets need that.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Another good performance by Perfetti.

Jets xGoals by period. Guess which period they reverted the lines. :sarcasm:

xgp.png

It's almost comical how instantenous the impact is. Normally you wouldn't expect to see so immediate and aggresive impact to that type of a change. It's almost as if that luck is now actively working against the Jets whenever they go back to that top line.

Ehlers and Vilardi is a magical combination, hoping they do some big damage in the post-season.

If they are allowed to stay together that is. The switchup at the end of the 1st gives me pause that Rick has any intentions to let these lines run. If they hadn't gotten immediately scored on I doubt he would have gone back to the lines at the start of the game.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Another good performance by Perfetti.

Jets xGoals by period. Guess which period they reverted the lines. :sarcasm:

View attachment 846386

It's almost comical how instantenous the impact is. Normally you wouldn't expect to see so immediate and aggresive impact to that type of a change. It's almost as if that luck is now actively working against the Jets whenever they go back to that top line.

If they are allowed to stay together that is. The switchup at the end of the 1st gives me pause that Rick has any intentions to let these lines run. If they hadn't gotten immediately scored on I doubt he would have gone back to the lines at the start of the game.
At least he did see that it wasn't working and switched back i'll give him that.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
YAY, PLAYOFFS!

I guessed the correct score but I definitely didn't think the game would be like that. A lot of good things to point to, some pretty bad things too...

Hats off to Gabe. He got 3 goals and had even more excellent chances that Wolf stopped cold. We are blessed to have such a talented net front player, he's one of the best in the league.

Hellebuyck locked it in after a strangely shaky looking start. Did we all just imagine that or was he REALLY not looking confident for the first while there?

Power play was great but only when it needed to be. Penalty kill was...sigh.

Overall there's a lot of positives to build off of in this.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad