Which players are playing for their home town teams?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Odd how some posters think that they have the able to play gatekeeper if someone is actually from an a certain area/town.

I took hometown team as pretty much the closest NHL team to where they grew up within reason. 30 minutes away is definitely hometown team.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
That doesn't matter. The Toronto maple leafs represent more than just the city of Toronto. They represent the Toronto metro area.
I understand that. I'm simply stating that Tavares was born in a different city and then moved to another different city and was raised (Brampton) it's Factual. I'm from toronto and we don't consider either place Toronto

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I understand that. I'm simply stating that Tavares was born in a different city and then moved to another different city and was raised (Brampton) it's Factual. I'm from toronto and we don't consider either place Toronto
Yes because Brampton is it's own city. It's obviously not Toronto. It is, however, part of the GTA. Don't be pedantic. Leafs represent far more than just the city of Toronto.
As far as the leafs are concerned, Brampton is part of their home turf. The team, the fans, and tavares himself all consider him a hometown player.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Dude even if a QC player comes from Baie-Comeau or Rouyn-Noranda (look up how far it is from MTL), they still consider their "hometown" team to be Montreal. Quebecois are an ethnic/cultural group and our team is the Canadiens, without a doubt. There's a couple butthurt No-dicks fans recycled as Bruins fans but that's just some weird Freudian issues.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm not sure Suter can be counted. He's from Madison, WI, and that's about 270 miles to St. Paul. One could say that he's more of a Chicago player, but that's still a stretch.

For sure Suter can't be counted.

While much of western Wisconsin could be considered Wild territory, Madison is absolutely Blackhawks territory. Combined with Minnesota not having a team in his formative years, and Gary Suter spent a good chunk of those formative years playing for the Blackhawks i'm sure Ryan had no allegiance to the Wild until they offered him 100 million dollars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad