Which players are playing for their home town teams?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Are we saying it has to be Toronto proper or the Toronto area?

On the Leafs -

Tavares
Dermott
Hyman
Marner
Simmonds
Spezza

After that you have Thornton, Muzzin and Brodie who are from southern Ontario, but not direct Toronto area.

Did you not see the post directly above yours?? :laugh:

Leafs from the GTA:
- Tavares
- Marner
- Hyman
- Dermott
- Simmonds
- Spezza

Leafs from Southern Ontario:
- Muzzin
- Brodie
- Thornton

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
On the Habs Jonathan Drouin is currently the only player from Montreal.
I wouldn't consider Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts as part of Montreal - not even the same administrative region. If we extend to the whole province, you could add Danault (from Victo), Belzile (though from the peninsula) and Ouellet (who grew up in Terrebonne, very close to Montreal).

Reactions: Toene

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
Considering that Long Island is part of the NYC suburbs, I would consider Fox to be a home town kid for all 3 NYC NHL teams.

It would be hard to find "hometown" players for the Rangers if it were limited to just the five boroughs. There isn't much ice in the city, and when the Rangers decided to sponsor a youth team, they looked to Connecticut.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Dillon Dube was born in Golden but his hometown was Cochrane which is about a half hour out of Calgary. Think he's the only one unless Matthew Phillips or Luke Philp(Canmore) make the roster(very unlikely).

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I wouldn't consider Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts as part of Montreal - not even the same administrative region. If we extend to the whole province, you could add Danault (from Victo), Belzile (though from the peninsula) and Ouellet (who grew up in Terrebonne, very close to Montreal).
Ste- Agathe is basically Montreal. My cottage is up there and it’s a really short drive maybe an hour and a bit. You can have a day on the lake in Ste-Agathe and then drive to the city for dinner. Drouin’s basically from Montreal.

Reactions: shello and qqaz

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Tyler Ennis. Benson got some games last year as well and is a bubble tweener with a chance to make it this year.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
That's listed as his birthplace, but from what I remember I believe he grew up on the island.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Off topic. But there seems to be no current NHL players with a New York accent. Not even Fox who is from Nassau County.

And New York accent means NYC area (Five Boroughs). Not Western NY.

Not even Pesce, from Tarrytown? (yes I know its not in the 5 boroughs, but close)

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Thornton count now? Or too far outside Toronto where he grew up?

Thornton counts since he was born when Pangea was still around, meaning the whole world was technically the GTA (as opposed to today, wherein TSN only acts like Toronto is still the center of the planet).

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Noted Tennessee boy Roman "Rascal" Josi, who many people don't know is actually a native of Gallatin, just miles north of Nashville!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad