Which Pair Will Make the Best Dynamic Duo

Afro Thunder*

Cowen- Karlsson duh.

But serioulsy Landeskog Duchene will be a beast pairing in the playoffs. Can't wait to see those guys with Giaradi on their wing as well.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Duchene-Landeskog is what I would prefer if I were building a championship team. Hall-RNH is hands down the most exciting though and I think they will win more championships because of the supporting cast they got in Edmonton. Imagine if they could land Ryan Murray next year.

Edmonton has a better supporting cast then colorado? Really?
Any ways tavares, and strome will form a 1-2 punch of sniping centres, very dynamic but not so much a duo, hall and rnh complement eachother perfectly, high speed sick dangles sick passes sick snipes(most dynamic duo), colorado is third here but its close as i think duchene is the second most dynamic individual behind tavares, landeskog is highly skilled but not dynamic, duchene-lando are hands down the most complete duo

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Tavares and Strome are both centers, and will likely be for the duration of there tenure on the Island. I think they will be on the ice together like how Crosby and Malkin are. They will each be on separate lines until about 10 minutes left in the game if they are down a goal and will be playing together on the PP.

I think Hall and RNH will be the best duo, but I think JT will be the best player on this list by a fair amount.

I think its Strome and Tavares... this coming from a Rangers fan.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Edmonton has a better supporting cast then colorado? Really?
Any ways tavares, and strome will form a 1-2 punch of sniping centres, very dynamic but not so much a duo, hall and rnh complement eachother perfectly, high speed sick dangles sick passes sick snipes(most dynamic duo), colorado is third here but its close as i think duchene is the second most dynamic individual behind tavares, landeskog is highly skilled but not dynamic, duchene-lando are hands down the most complete duo

:shakehead We have a supporting cast and a good one too, they just need time to develop. Paajarvi, Eberle, Gagner and Hemsky is a pretty good supporting cast. The only one that's developed out of the 4 is Hemsky. By the team our team is ready to compete, these players will have a 2-3 years under their belt. I'm just saying but by the time the Avs are ready to compete, Hejduk wont be the same, Fleischmann might walk away this year and that leaves you guys with Stastny, Jones (if you consider him to be a top 6 forward, I personally think he can be a good 2nd line winger and having 27 goals last year makes him one of the more underrated players IMO) and Mueller. By the way, I'm just including players that are in the NHL right now and top 6 players, not prospects.

As for this thread, Hall and RNH will be more dynamic, put up the most points but I think Lando and Duchene will be better overall.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hall-RNH

Etem-Smith-Pelly is looking really good for Anaheim right now. They gelled together so well at the prospect camp. They were just finding each other, scoring really nice goals, everything. Fans are pretty excited. 2010 was just such a great draft for Anaheim. Fowler, Etem, Smith-Pelly. Win.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Hall-RNH

Etem-Smith-Pelly is looking really good for Anaheim right now. They gelled together so well at the prospect camp. They were just finding each other, scoring really nice goals, everything. Fans are pretty excited. 2010 was just such a great draft for Anaheim. Fowler, Etem, Smith-Pelly. Win.

Ducks are a great drafting org. Gibson was a great pick by them this year. Would love to be part of an organization with a track record like that one day ;)

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
:shakehead We have a supporting cast and a good one too, they just need time to develop. Paajarvi, Eberle, Gagner and Hemsky is a pretty good supporting cast. The only one that's developed out of the 4 is Hemsky. By the team our team is ready to compete, these players will have a 2-3 years under their belt. I'm just saying but by the time the Avs are ready to compete, Hejduk wont be the same, Fleischmann might walk away this year and that leaves you guys with Stastny, Jones (if you consider him to be a top 6 forward, I personally think he can be a good 2nd line winger and having 27 goals last year makes him one of the more underrated players IMO) and Mueller. By the way, I'm just including players that are in the NHL right now and top 6 players, not prospects.

As for this thread, Hall and RNH will be more dynamic, put up the most points but I think Lando and Duchene will be better overall.

It's arguable, at best. I'll give you Paajarvi and Eberle, but Gagner isn't anything special and Hemsky could be gone after next year.

Aside from Stastny and Jones, there's O'Reilly, Hishon, EJ, Elliot, Barrie, Siemens, and Pickard.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It's arguable, at best. I'll give you Paajarvi and Eberle, but Gagner isn't anything special and Hemsky could be gone after next year.

Aside from Stastny and Jones, there's O'Reilly, Hishon, EJ, Elliot, Barrie, Siemens, and Pickard.

I'm an Avs fan, but you are failing to mention the Oil prospects, which blow the Avs out of the water at this point.

Hamilton, Lander, Pitlick, Bunz...and not to mention guys they added this year.

Right now the Avs have a very solid secondary, but long term, the Oilers are in a better spot.

With that being said, they've had two straight years to pick very high and gather assets, so we'll see how it works out.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
Tavares / Strome
As many have pointed out, I don't think Tavares and Strome will be playing together. I could see a Tavares / Niederreiter duo being very effective (but I am really not one to be commenting on this).

Duchene / Landeskog
I think this pair will be the best 200 ft. players and will be a powerful duo, I don't know if they will be as offensively dominant though. They would play together ES, PP and PK. I could see them as a Brad Richards / Loui Eriksson type combo.

Nugent-Hopkins / Taylor Hall
The definition of dynamic duo, I can see these guys being electrifying! The prototypical sniper matched up with the prototypical playmaker. If I had to wager, I would say the most offensive of the three duos but not necessarily the best overall (it could become more of trio with Jordan Eberle).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm an Avs fan, but you are failing to mention the Oil prospects, which blow the Avs out of the water at this point.

Hamilton, Lander, Pitlick, Bunz...and not to mention guys they added this year.

Right now the Avs have a very solid secondary, but long term, the Oilers are in a better spot.

With that being said, they've had two straight years to pick very high and gather assets, so we'll see how it works out.

And at #10 and #40 the year before. I was looking at the lists from both teams tonight, and while Colorado has the #1D that we lack and 2 high end C's while we only have 1, I do think that it's safe to say that we're a little further ahead right now in terms of overall depth/skill, and truth be told we should be after drafting high in the last 3 drafts and at the top in the last 2. That said the Avs have some tremendous building blocks as do the Islanders and a number of other teams. The NHL will be in great hands in the next decade or so when these kids come into their own. :yo:

TheZec

Mar 19, 2010
I have the feeling that Tavares is being underrated a little over there. Anyway... I also think that Tavares-Strome will be used as a 1-2 punch, so i'll not comment on them.

Between RNH-Hall and Duchene-Landeskog i would go with the Oilers duo. I'm honestly not sold on Landeskog (hope he proves me wrong!). Btw, Tavares-Hall would be sick! :yo:

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I'm no fan of neither of the teams here, but I'll have to say:

Tavares-Niederreiter

Tavares is so underated on these boards, coming from a Habs fan, and El Nino is going to be a tremendous powerforward with insane hands. IMO, he has more upside than Landeskog. As for Hall and RNH, we'll have to wait..

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Tavares-Niederreiter

Tavares is so underated on these boards, coming from a Habs fan, and El Nino is going to be a tremendous powerforward with insane hands. IMO, he has more upside than Landeskog. As for Hall and RNH, we'll have to wait..

This brings up something nobody is touching in this thread - will the players get in each other's way? After all, Tavares-Okposo didn't work (they'd pick each other off in the right-wing corner). Why would Tavares-Niederreiter? Maybe they will, I don't know. But nobody knows.

One other thing. I grew up watching one of the greatest dynamic duos of all time (Trottier/Bossy). It wouldn't have worked quite as well if one weren't a LH shot and the other weren't a RH shot. (Same goes for classic playmarker/sniper duos Gretzky/Kurri, Hull/Oates, and most recently Stamkos/St. Louis.) Of the three groups, only Tavares/Strome are LH/RH. But they wouldn't play classic playmaker/scorer hockey, so I'm not sure how much that matters.

Cheers,

Dan-o

P.S. Against the LH/RH thing - how about the JT/Jeff Skinner duo that will be seen for Canada in international play for some time. Unreal.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Duchene-Landeskog is what I would prefer if I were building a championship team. Hall-RNH is hands down the most exciting though and I think they will win more championships because of the supporting cast they got in Edmonton. Imagine if they could land Ryan Murray next year.

I'm pretty sure I could imagine that. :laugh:

And Tavares + Strome is fail, it's Tavares and Nino. Strome will find his place playing on the second line.

The most dynamic first line will be Hall RNH Yakupov :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad