Which Pair Will Make the Best Dynamic Duo

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Strome + Tavares seems like a match to me but Hall + RNH are two superstar players playing on the same line and that alone might push it over the top. I feel Tavares & Hall are pretty close but RNH does seem like he more potential than anyone in his draft.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
What's with all the TO, NYR and Ott fans pimping their own players? The question does not ask about those teams.

Afro Thunder*

0.jpg

Oh yeah regular season goals more exciting than your team battling in or for the playoffs .

McOilers4cup

Finally
Jul 14, 2007
High Hopes
Obviously Toews & Kane are over the hill :sarcasm: Seriously no one mentioned these two how quickly we forget and move on to the new toys . These guys imo should be in mix somewhere

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
Landeskog - Duchene feels like a mans duo while the rest feels like boys duos atm, if that makes sense to you.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Sorry its kind of hard to beat tanking experts like you guys, you have a lot of experience in this field.

one year more then you guys and that tanking got us Hall and RNH. Two potential franchise players, something the Sens cant say they have, maybe Karlsson and that's a maybe.

Also why bother posting a comment about playoffs when your team didn't even make the playoffs?

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
It's amazing how these threads always degenerate into a pissing match between fans.
th_internet-argument.jpg

Anyhow, my vote is for Hall/RNH. I think, bias aside, they will be the definition of a dynamic duo.

4thliner*

one year more then you guys and that tanking got us Hall and RNH. Two potential franchise players, something the Sens cant say they have, maybe Karlsson and that's a maybe.

Also why bother posting a comment about playoffs when your team didn't even make the playoffs?

Neither Hall or RNH will put up as much point in the NHL per games played by the time they are Spezza's age or around 27.

Book it.

You throw around the term franchise too easily as if Hall already scored 50 goals or will even score 40 next year, and as if tin man RNH actually made an NHL team and showed something.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
You watch Zibanejad being more impact player in the NHL than RNH

Yeah...that's why almost every scout out there agreed that RNH is the best prospect and Zibenejad, who is going to be a more impact player then RNH was only passed up by 5 other teams...:facepalm:

Neither Hall or RNH will put up as much point in the NHL per games played by the time they are Spezza's age or around 27.

Book it.

You throw around the term franchise too easily as if Hall already scored 50 goals or will even score 40 next year, and as if tin man RNH actually made an NHL team and showed something.

I can guarantee you Hall will. When I say franchise player, I'm talking about players that you would build your team around. Other examples besides Hall and RNH are Stamkos, Tavares, Duchene, Doughty etc. These guys are young players with franchise potential (well not so much Doughty and Stamkos anymore). Spezza at this point isn't that guy. At one point he could have been considered that but not anymore. I like Spezza but he's injury prone, only played 60 games in the last two seasons and even then he didn't put up a point per game. 3 years ago, he was one considered to be the best centermens in the game because of his point production but now hes not the same player. Defensively he made progress, I think that part is underrated of his. It's not good by any means but he still has got better at it then what he was before.

With all that said though, RNH and Hall will be the better players IMO. Spezza didn't break out until after the lockout. Then he dropped again. Give RNH 2 years and you will see why scouts say he has the best vision since Gretzky or why they haven't seen a player like him in the last 20 years coming from the WHL. There is a reason they say he is like Sakic or Datsyuk.

Hall scored 22 goals in his rookie season and you can tell that he was going to explode the second half. He could have scored 30 this year alone, you can ask any Oiler fan about that and they will say yes. 40 goals is possible and playing RNH, if they click and things go well, he might hit 50 one day. The potential is there for sure though.

4thliner*

Yeah...that's why almost every scout out there agreed that RNH is the best prospect and Zibenejad, who is going to be a more impact player then RNH was only passed up by 5 other teams...:facepalm:

So a players ability and potential to impact the NHL is determined where he is drafted or that he drafted 5 spots behind another player? :facepalm:

Sorry RNH is NOT a franchise player.

I can guarantee you Hall will. When I see franchise player, I'm talking about players that you would build your team around. Other examples besides Hall and RNH are Stamkos, Tavares, Duchene, Doughty etc. These guys are young players with franchise potential (well not so much Doughty and Stamkos anymore). Spezza at this point isn't that guy. At one point he could have been considered that but not anymore. I like Spezza but he's injury prone, only played 60 games in the last two seasons and even then he didn't put up a point per game. 3 years ago, he was one considered to be the best centermens in the game because of his point production but now hes not the same player. Defensively he made progress, I think that part is underrated of his. It's not good by any means but he still has got better at it then what he was before.

With all that said though, RNH and Hall will be the better players IMO. Spezza didn't break out until after the lockout. Then he dropped again. Give RNH 2 years and you will see why scouts say he has the best vision since Gretzky or why they haven't seen a player like him in the last 20 years coming from the WHL. There is a reason they say he is like Sakic or Datsyuk.

Hall scored 22 goals in his rookie season and you can tell that he was going to explode the second half. He could have scored 30 this year alone, you can ask any Oiler fan about that and they will say yes. 40 goals is possible and playing RNH, if they click and things go well, he might hit 50 one day. The potential is there for sure though.

Lets see him put up the points Spezza did. Remember talk is cheap. And Hall is pure offensive player, so don't make him out to be this stud 2 way smash mouth hockey player. He is a speedy sniping winger, nothing more. A playmaking center who can also score 30 goals is more valuable than that. If RNH is anywhere near what you think he will be, chances are he will be more valuable than Hall.

Sure Spezza gets injured but that hardly makes him any less of a player, if anything he is a better 2 way player than that 20 year old that put up 90+ points in 60 games. Remember Spezza is also better than ppg player in the postseason and a proven performer in the playoffs.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I wish posters that are ignored didn't show up in quotes. Kinda defeats the purpose of 'ignore' :(

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
0.jpg

Oh yeah regular season goals more exciting than your team battling in or for the playoffs .

Says a fan of the 25th team in the regular season... cheering for a team that's never won a Stanley Cup... Don't even bring up players not wanting to play in Edmonton, Dany Heatley says hi.

I don't dislike the Sens or anything I just found your post to be incredibly hypocritical.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
So a players ability and potential to impact the NHL is determined where he is drafted or that he drafted 5 spots behind another player? :facepalm:

Lets see him put up the points Spezza did. Remember talk is cheap. And Hall is pure offensive player, so don't make him out to be this stud 2 way smash mouth hockey player. He is a speedy sniping winger, nothing more. A playmaking center who can also score 30 goals is more valuable than that. If RNH is anywhere near what you think he will be, chances are he will be more valuable than Hall.

Sure Spezza gets injured but that hardly makes him any less of a player, if anything he is a better 2 way player than that 20 year old that put up 90+ points in 60 games. Remember Spezza is also better than ppg player in the postseason and a proven performer in the playoffs.

Funny you bring up potential impact now when it comes to Zibenajad but not when it comes to RNH and Hall. Your just contradicting yourself. If Zibenajad had potential to be the best player and make the most impact, he would be taken first overall, maybe even second and at third for sure. There is a reason why he was taken 6th.

Alright, I'm not going to argue with about RNH being a franchise forward or not. Most knowledgeable hockey fans would say that he has franchise potential. People that have seen him play live have thought that too but then there's you, an hfboard poster who has never seen RNH play, probably read one scouting report on him and act like you know everything about him, cool. Hall isn't a liability like Spezza was defensively though early in his career.

Hall is just a speedy, sniping winger that plays physical and has nice hands. Hmm, sounds a lot like Ovechkin. I'm not saying hes going to be as good as him but if your going to bring him down and say he is just a speedy sniping winger, I could easily make him sound good by saying he's like Ovechkin. Ohh yeah, dont forget Stamkos. Guess he's just a speedy scoring center. :help: You talk about Spezza's playoff performance, hes a ppg but again he had that one run where it wasn't even all him. Both Heatley and Alfie had 22 points in 20 games. That's pretty much what's keeping him at the ppg pace. Also, even though Hall hasn't played in the NHL playoffs, he has a proven track record of winning. two back to back memorial cup, plus back to back MVP's. RNH still has to prove that he is a winner but I can tell you, his confidence, determination and work ethic would lead you to believe that he is the type of player that will continue to improve and be a winner but since I said something good about RNH, I'm expecting you to say something bad about him acting like you know a lot about him :shakehead

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

As you said yourself Hall is primarily a goal scorer. They don't always put up monster points, he could score 40 goals and maybe crack 80 points.

Anyway if you've watched Hall you should be able to see that he has gamebreaking talent already and those types of players are often considered franchise players. Obviously he hasn't proved that in his rookie season but I'm fairly confident he will soon. He could have easily scored 30 goals in his rookie year so I really don't think 40 is out of the question, assuming he doesn't get injured.

Is Nugent-Hopkins a franchise player? He hasn't really shown that yet.. he has elite skill and hockey sense though so chances are he will be a top center eventually.

Whatever though, I'm not Hall or Nugent-Hopkins, I don't have to prove how good they are or try to convince you how good they will be. They'll show you that themselves. I'll just enjoy the show.

edit: Just wanted to add that if you were a fan of Heatley and Spezza a few years back you will probably enjoy watching Hall and Nugent-Hopkins. Or maybe you don't watch other teams play, I don't know. But Hall is looking a lot like Heatley except with balls. RNH looks quite a bit like Spezza as well, that would actually be a conservative comparison but it still works. RNH isn't as one dimensional as Spezza but aside from that I expect similar offensive production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->