Which Pair Will Make the Best Dynamic Duo

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Strome over Lando :shakehead

If you going on the basis who will have more career points I think very good chance Strome has more then Lando. I do think Strome has a much higher bust potential but if he does hit is stride he could be a big time point producer in the NHL. I think the difference between Strome and Lando is if Lando gets 65 points he will be a great player and a key part of the team dynamic, while if Strome gets 65 points he'll be a good player but not a key part of the core of the team

Tavares=<Duchene at this point

I don't think the fact he has a grand total of 1 whole point over 2 years makes him better. If you factor in international play Tavares has 16 points in 14 games, while Duchene has 7 points in 14 games(I think that's a good indication when you put both in a similar environment how well they perform when all things are equal)

Way I look at things Tavares and Hall are potential superstars, while Duchene and RNH are potential stars, Strome is a wildcard and Landeskog will be a very good player(and somewhat of a "sure thing"). Going on the basis of players upsides I would probably go with Hall/RNH

Last edited:

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
If you going on the basis who will have more career points I think very good chance Strome has more then Lando. I do think Strome has a much higher bust potential but if he does hit is stride he could be a big time point producer in the NHL. I think the difference between Strome and Lando is if Lando gets 65 points he will be a great player and a key part of the team dynamic, while if Strome gets 65 points he'll be a good player but not a key part of the core of the team

I don't think the fact he has a grand total of 1 whole point over 2 years makes him better. If you factor in international play Tavares has 16 points in 14 games, while Duchene has 7 points in 14 games(I think that's a good indication when you put both in a similar environment how well they perform when all things are equal)

Way I look at things Tavares and Hall are potential superstars, while Duchene and RNH are potential stars, Strome is a wildcard and Landeskog will be a very good player(and somewhat of a "sure thing"). Going on the basis of players upsides I would probably go with Hall/RNH

Since when is Hall going to be a superstar and Duchene not? And I'm saying I'd take Duchene over Tavares, but I think Duchene has every chance to be just as good as Tavares if not better.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Since when is Hall going to be a superstar and Duchene not?

I am guessing both will get roughly the same amount of points, but Hall has a physical edge to his game. I also see Hall being one of the top 2-3 players in his position(although it much easier being one of the top players in your position being a Winger then a Center).

I actually think if you are comparing Oiler players with Avalanche players it's probably better to compare RNH with Duchene and Hall with Landeskog since eachothers playing style is somewahat similar

the tribute

May 10, 2011
Says a fan of the 25th team in the regular season... cheering for a team that's never won a Stanley Cup... Don't even bring up players not wanting to play in Edmonton, Dany Heatley says hi.

I don't dislike the Sens or anything I just found your post to be incredibly hypocritical.

First of all.. your team is on a longer stanley cup "less" drought then ottawa. and haven't made the playoffs in 5 seasons.

the tribute

May 10, 2011
Hey,

we're sorry your tank culminated with Zibanejad.

Are you serious? Zibby was one of the biggest risers in that whole draft... was rated in the mid 2nd round by some scouts. then was in the top 25 by january/feb... then was a top 10 in april/may. A guy like him is going to be what getzlaf is for the ducks.

ItsTheBGB

Borusse!!
Aug 30, 2010
Edmonton, AB
You sir.... are an idiot. mainly because you are assuming the sens are my team.

You're defending the Sens and saying Zibanejad is gonna be like Getzlaf. That would be great for Ottawa, but people need to quit trying too make it seem like he's better than RNH. That's why I assume you're a Sens fan.

Rebels21

Jul 6, 2011
Garrison, New York
Strome is a center but i would say im excited to see the aves duo i think RNH and Hall will be a great pairing. especially with another winger like paviarri ( i know i spelled it wrong)

the tribute

May 10, 2011
You're defending the Sens and saying Zibanejad is gonna be like Getzlaf. That would be great for Ottawa, but people need to quit trying too make it seem like he's better than RNH. That's why I assume you're a Sens fan.

Alright, there we go with the Assuming again.. Never did I mention he was going to be better then RNH, I'm just backing up people that seem to have gotten raided because they threw their opinions out there. RNH was clear cut the number 1 pick, people over gloating about him considering him a franchise player is ludicrous and we "outside of edmonton" know this.

Several scouts have already said this draft did not hold star like caliber such as stamkos. In either case... you never know... but as it stands RNH's skill is very raw and probably In my mind will not make the team straight out of camp.

How about we stop talking about "this team has no cups" ********, considering it's taken what chicago 40 years to win a cup again? and what about boston, 30 years?

How long do you think it takes to build a franchise from the ground up, to be perennial playoff contenders. with the fans to support them? (it doesn't happen in the short time the sens have been a team) which was a complete new team... not a relocation, I'd give it time.

if your team wins a cup before a team even exists you can't talk **** if your team hasn't won it since that team has come into the game.
END

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
If you going on the basis who will have more career points I think very good chance Strome has more then Lando. I do think Strome has a much higher bust potential but if he does hit is stride he could be a big time point producer in the NHL.

I used to think that, but did you see that TSN feature on Strome? It was pretty obvious that Strome's one-year rise had everything to do with physical development. He looked like he grew about 2 inches and put on 15 lbs in 1 year. He turns 18 today. (Happy Birthday Ryan Strome!) That's not to say that we can expect another year of development like last year's. But I do think the reason people see "bust potential" in Strome is questions about his physicality when there's, in fact, every reason to expect he'll become much stronger in the coming years.

I don't know who's 'most dynamic', but Tavares-Strome could look a lot like Toews-Kane someday.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad