Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Yeah, we want him to be a superstar in the playoffs rather than just a good player.
It's understandable. I get disappointed with Barkov's playoff points, but he shuts guys down so I don't freak out, and his cap allows for room for complementary players.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Too bad the Leafs didn't go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders, instead they limped in losing 5 out of 6 and haven't had their best lineup on the ice without illnesses and whatnot. Against a team like Boston in games of small margins that puts you in a hole.

Regardless of what happens in game 7, it's the first time I will think the Leafs' best should've beaten this version of Boston.

One thing is for sure - Florida is loving this.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I'm legit surprised that the Leafs were able to even win these past two games and I still find it difficult to believe they can make it 3 straight against the team that has beaten them every other game 7 they've played against each other.

I'd still bet on the Bruins winning because I can't see the Leafs offense suddenly having an explosion of goals after being so feeble through 6 games and I can't see the Bruins offense being shutdown so well again for another game. Can't win if you can't score and I don't have any faith in the Leafs offense coming alive for them to win game 7 unless Woll plays insane and gets them a shutout so that all the Leafs have to score is one goal in the 5th OT or something.

Reactions: longtime lurker

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Swayman losing 2 in a row, do they go back to Ullmark for game 7 ? I thought Swayman was fantastic even in the losses but never know.

The biggest advantage to the Bruins at this point will be the Leafs putting Samsonov in net. Woll hasn't lost against the Bruins in this series yet.

Insane the save percentage difference between the 2, yet people didn't see why posters blamed Samsonov. Samsonov scrambles every other save. Woll doesn't. Woll had the better save percentage this regular season, last regular season, last playoffs and this playoffs so far.

Reactions: Peasy

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Too bad the Leafs didn't go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders, instead they limped in losing 5 out of 6 and haven't had their best lineup on the ice without illnesses and whatnot. Against a team like Boston in games of small margins that puts you in a hole.

Regardless of what happens in game 7, it's the first time I will think the Leafs' best should've beaten this version of Boston.

One thing is for sure - Florida is loving this.
I feel like we haven't really had our best lineup on the ice all season. We have had some form of injuries or illness seemingly all season long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad