Where is Trevor Moore?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Dinosaur maybe a strong word, but if you look at his success (outside of loaded Olympic and Detroit teams) its is not that amazing.

Of course he is a great coach, and yes the average person would fail in his position, but you cannot ignore what players have said about him, and his reluctance to make changes (falls in love with players and certain types of players) it's mostly his ego I mean, and his unwillingness to relate to today's young players.

But he is an amazing teacher, and yes gets a lot out of certain teams and players.

Reluctance to make changes comes from experience and patience, most fans have no patience or experience at coaching. He does seem to like Tavares, Marner, Rielly, Matthews, Lindstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg type, players, the Leafs are loaded with speedy young skilled guys, he is only 55 and has kids Marners age

I'm just saying and not attacking you by the way ;)

Reactions: DanM

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I truly think Babs is a dinosaur. Yes he is a smart man, and he could adapt, but I don't think he wants to.
I suspect ,that because he has had some success employing that strategy ,he thinks it can work again. Trouble is,the one cup that he won came with a team that was more stacked than this one. He probably should of had a few more cups from those Detroit teams,but it is what it is.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I suspect ,that because he has had some success employing that strategy ,he thinks it can work again. Trouble is,the one cup that he won came with a team that was more stacked than this one. He probably should of had a few more cups from those Detroit teams, but it is what it is.

Every year there are 4 or 5 elite teams in the league, it's not easy to win a cup, leafs haven't won since 1967, use some common sense, when you discuss this topic,You keep bringing this up. I know your a not a 20 something kid.

member 300185

Moore needs to replace Brown and Lindholm needs to be replaced by Bracco. I want to see how that team performs:

Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Bracco
Moore-Gauthier-Johnsson
Pretty good line up when you consider most of those players are homegrown and spent time with the marlies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Every year there are 4 or 5 elite teams in the league, it's not easy to win a cup, leafs haven't won since 1967, use some common sense, when you discuss this topic,You keep bringing this up. I know your a not a 20 something kid.
Well,my money was on Detroit...what the hell happened. Babs isn't in Detroit anymore.Why is that? Fact is,his 'system failed more than it worked out! He has shuffled the lines now,so maybe someone got through to him.Maybe he doesn't want to admit that the game,the players,the present situation is all different. Even old dogs can learn that doing the same thing ,the same way ,yielding the same results needs to be addressed.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Moore and Hyman are completely different propositions. I personally enjoy seeing Hyman where he is.

That's not to say Moore couldn't move up though when needed. I think he has it in him. If one of Engvall/Grundstrom can make the leap, probably gives us the change to use Johnsson as bate to improve D in a package.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Moores playmaking ability and hockey IQ along with his tenacious fore checking would make him a great candidate to play with skilled players. I would love to see him play with Marner.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Trevor Moore put on a great effort and looked real good. But with <8:00 minutes a game, most players getting a chance do explode. He should be put in over Connor Brown?
Well Brown made twice the impact offensively in his debut. But neither of them are good enough to make it on their offense alone. Rookies don't know what they can and
cannot do.

Yes, you have to be a 'gud pro'. In almost 700 minutes, Connor Brown has 8 giveaways. Nylander in 310 has 7. Moore in 60 minutes has 3. Given more ice-time, against
harder competition does he keep that same level of play up game to game? Doe he burn the competition or does the competition burn him? You have to be very careful
judging a player based on their first cup of coffee. Connor Brown knows there's nothing wrong, as a depth player, coming out a plus zero, especially against stiff competition.

A player with a skill-set like Marner, you let them run with it. But I think with Trevor, you'd find that less is Moore.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Trevor Moore put on a great effort and looked real good. But with <8:00 minutes a game, most players getting a chance do explode. He should be put in over Connor Brown?
Well Brown made twice the impact offensively in his debut. But neither of them are good enough to make it on their offense alone. Rookies don't know what they can and
cannot do.

Yes, you have to be a 'gud pro'. In almost 700 minutes, Connor Brown has 8 giveaways. Nylander in 310 has 7. Moore in 60 minutes has 3. Given more ice-time, against
harder competition does he keep that same level of play up game to game? Doe he burn the competition or does the competition burn him? You have to be very careful
judging a player based on their first cup of coffee. Connor Brown knows there's nothing wrong, as a depth player, coming out a plus zero, especially against stiff competition.

A player with a skill-set like Marner, you let them run with it. But I think with Trevor, you'd find that less is Moore.

Moore can replace Brown considering cap hits.

Brown is a better player, but it's not a wide chasm.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad