Where is Trevor Moore?

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
He’s going down to Marlies unfortunately once everyone is healthy.

Agreed with whoever said he’s our second best LW. In reality he should be a staple in the top 9, NHL caliber speed and great skill.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
The thing is, Hyman is a support player on a top line, not necessarily a top line caliber player. If he combined his work ethic, hitting, grittiness with a great shot, great playmaking and a better touch around the net he would basically be a star forward.
I think it is really a failing strategy,especially against a team lining up 3 big talents...which a lot of teams seem to be doing with success against Babs idea of 2 talents and hyman.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
He's better than Hyman, Marleau, Brown, lindholm, Gauthier.
So far,needs to make the rounds in the league ,before saying that...those other guys have paid their dues,they have learned to be successful against some peers and have fought through periods of tough sleddin'. I like Moore,but sometimes the excitement can wear off and the competition learns about you.All of a sudden you look like all the other non-allstar players. That said ,i would of liked to of seen him with Matthews and Marner ,instead of a disinterested Marleau!

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
He's better than Hyman, Marleau, Brown, lindholm, Gauthier.
He's a great option moving forward but lets pump the brakes a bit. I believe he's better then many of those players but not all of them. I know it wont happen but I think him over Gauthier is undeniable. He needs a solid run with the team to prove it. Love Moore's game, great option moving forward (Hence the contract).

Reactions: Liminality

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Moore in the 3rd period coming down the wing, stops up after realizing his options are limited and hits the trailer cross ice pass in the slot for an excellent scoring chance. That was some good hockey sense right there. He can play on the 3rd line next year. Moore keeps showing me something, i.e. that he isnt just a 4th line energy guy type of thing. He makes Connor Brown expendable in a trade. A upgrade on Marleau but economics wont make that happen. Marleau is the worst Maple Leaf forward now and is bringing nothing to any line he is on.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Moore and other Marlies on cheap contracts are going to be needed more than ever once Matthews and Marner's next contracts kick in..

Leafs will be very top heavy and expensive up front and more Moore will be required to fill out the bottom 1/2 of the roster.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Its odd and maybe it just me but whenever I see Moore out there I keep thinking Bozak because of the #42.

Last edited:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I was at the game last night and he looks very good with Lindholm and Goat. They compliment each other very well and he adds an element of speed that makes all of them more effective. Let's just hope Babs realizes the extent of his talent is likely in a bottom 6 role and not on the first line.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I was at the game last night and he looks very good with Lindholm and Goat. They compliment each other very well and he adds an element of speed that makes all of them more effective. Let's just hope Babs realizes the extent of his talent is likely in a bottom 6 role and not on the first line.

Moore is a late bloomer and he really elevated his game to another level late last season in the AHL and is still developing. I would have patience with Moore and wait and see

Reactions: smitty10

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He should stick
And when Ennis comes back, even better 4th line
GOAT and Par are just .... meh
Exactly, when Ennis and AJ come back, we will have some interesting decisions. I'm over Lindholm, he is mediocre in every capacity.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I think it is really a failing strategy,especially against a team lining up 3 big talents...which a lot of teams seem to be doing with success against Babs idea of 2 talents and hyman.

I truly think Babs is a dinosaur. Yes he is a smart man, and he could adapt, but I don't think he wants to.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I truly think Babs is a dinosaur. Yes he is a smart man, and he could adapt, but I don't think he wants to.

Possibly because he knows from experience what it takes to win at the NHL level, he has only been coaching pro hockey since he was 35.

You guys that want to randomly change the lineups, systems, etc all the time, If you guys were a coach, you would lose the confidence of the players within 20 -30 games, you would run out of ideas by 50 games and then get yourselves fired for being incompetent in the first year of coaching

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Possibly because he knows from experience what it takes to win at the NHL level, he has only been coaching pro hockey since he was 35.

You guys want to randomly change the lineups, systems, etc all the time, If you guys were a coach, you would lose the confidence of the players within 20 -30 games, you would run out of ideas by 50 games and then get yourselves fired for being incompetent in the first year of coaching

Not at all what I was saying, but thank you.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Not at all what I was saying, but thank you.

I just used you to make a point because I saw that Babcock is a "dinosaur" he is probably one of the most advanced coaches and organizations in hockey.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I just used you to make a point because I saw that Babcock is a "dinosaur" he is probably one of the most advanced coaches and organizations in hockey.

Dinosaur maybe a strong word, but if you look at his success (outside of loaded Olympic and Detroit teams) its is not that amazing.

Of course he is a great coach, and yes the average person would fail in his position, but you cannot ignore what players have said about him, and his reluctance to make changes (falls in love with players and certain types of players) it's mostly his ego I mean, and his unwillingness to relate to todays young players.

But he is an amazing teacher, and yes get's a lot out of certain teams and players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad