Where is Trevor Moore?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Other than Ennis the bottom six forwards never seem to miss time through injury. They are all ironmen like Marleau

That is actually a good thing in the overall development of the prospects, only the most determined will make it and be successful, Kappy, Johnsson so far and Moore, Grudstrom, Brooks will follow hopefully

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
he's in the minors unfortunately. it's a shame because he'd be our 2nd best lwer behind johnsson if he was back with the big club

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
No one knows how NHL rosters, roster size, emergency call ups, waivers, etc, actually functions and it’s irritating.

I will say, this team would look a hell of a lot better like...

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Moore - Kadri - Leivo
Marleau - Gauthier - Hyman

You had me until i read GOAT

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I think he would make the team better than Lindholm. Maybe let Marleau rest, and bring up Moore for a couple of games. But I'm not sure how the waiver and call up stuff works.

No way Marleau gets a game off with his ironman streak still active.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Moore needs to replace Brown and Lindholm needs to be replaced by Bracco. I want to see how that team performs:

Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Bracco
Moore-Gauthier-Johnsson

I’ll tell you - worse than what we have now. People have an obsession with thinking changing the 4th line around with AHLers will make us a better team. If Moore was clearly better then he’d be playing.

Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I think the Detroit model was like this. Where all of a sudden a new guy shows up on the big club and everyone says "where did they get this guy?",truth is that guy was over -ripening in Grand Rapids for 5 years. Babs mostly likes Vets and players who are defensively responsible. If a new or young player makes a mistake while trying to do something fancy,he will be sitting! A no talent guy like Hyman...no problem,free pass to the top 6! Figure it out,cause I can't!

Reactions: ToMaLe and hotpaws

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Moore needs to replace Brown and Lindholm needs to be replaced by Bracco. I want to see how that team performs:

Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Bracco
Moore-Gauthier-Johnsson
Bracco and Matthews could be potentially amazing. Bracco is pure playmaker.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I’ll tell you - worse than what we have now. People have an obsession with thinking changing the 4th line around with AHLers will make us a better team. If Moore was clearly better then he’d be playing.
we can't assume that. Kapanen is our 3rd best winger, and he was stuck on the 4th line because Babcock didn't give him a chance. Johnsson is our 4th best winger, and he was stuck in the AHL because we didn't give him a chance. Leivo was also one of our better wingers, he didn't get a chance. Dermott is one of our best defensemen, he's not getting a chance. It's really nothing new

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Moore was bloody good, he turned the 4th line into a positive rather than a negative, which says something about his ability to make other guys around him better

Unfortunately instead of playing on the Leafs he's playing for the Marlies which I don't agree with but I don't get to make personel decisions, that's on Babcock

Reactions: ToMaLe

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Bracco isnt good enough to play in the NHL in any meaningful level. This place has gone insane

Not the easiest thing to explain to these guys that have never watched him play a game before, they think he plays like Marner, making plays all over the ice, chasing the puck down, stealing the puck, 2-way game, etc

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Lmao...Moore was outstanding in the couple of games he played. Hint...there's a reason they just resigned him to a 2 year deal.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
we can't assume that. Kapanen is our 3rd best winger, and he was stuck on the 4th line because Babcock didn't give him a chance. Johnsson is our 4th best winger, and he was stuck in the AHL because we didn't give him a chance. Leivo was also one of our better wingers, he didn't get a chance. Dermott is one of our best defensemen, he's not getting a chance. It's really nothing new
They’re playing on top 3 lines now, so they did get a chance... didn’t they? It’s not inconceivable that Babcock saw their potential just like the rest of us but gave them extra time to realize it. Looks like it’s paying off to me.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Not the easiest thing to explain to these guys that have never watched him play a game before, they think he plays like Marner, making plays all over the ice, chasing the puck down, stealing the puck, 2-way game, etc
I watch him plenty. I mentioned that he and Matthews could potentially be a great duo.
You posters that believe you know more than everyone else need to tone down the attitude, sheesh.
Obviously Bracco would probably struggle if they brought him up right now.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
It’s one of 2 things with Babcock, in my opinion. Either he is a slow learner, as many/some of you suggest OR just maybe, he is the teacher who allows students to fail and “picks” on them in class to push them forward and when it doesn’t work he just keeps going until something/someone gives. Just a thought that comes to mind.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Par Lindholm brings nothing to the table and Freddy the Goat is pretty bad

However, they seem to play well when the 3rd member of the line isn't Connor Brown. Small sample size, but Moore was a beast in those 6 games and his underlying numbers don't lie.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Gauthier has been great with good wingers and I think would be better than Lindholm in that role.
'Great and Gauthier are rarely put together. He is a bad player playing on th 4th line with no chance of moving up in the lineup. So bad that I prefer Lindholm to him and bad enough that I would be shocked if he plays a single playoff game for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->