Where can I find the Canes game on TV?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
OTA with a removal of blackout restrictions on ESPN+ would be my pick as someone that cut the wire a while back. See if we can take the Vegas approach and basically blanket the state, SC, and Georgia from an exposure standpoint.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

Is he hinting re: his former employer? I have been waiting to divorce Spectrum until an announcement is made due to the Bally channels on my package. Old school I know but also easy when home. I have so much work travel that ESPN+ will be my friend this season.

I have noticed @CanesOnBally hasn't tweeted anything about the Canes in several weeks.

Reactions: DaveG

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Another recap of the situation...interestingly, this author sets the 50M subscriber mark as very impactful:

One of the things I've always thought was that player's sallaries would have to level off or decrease with the end of big tv money. The whole cap going up every year is a pipe dream in my mind. There just aren't enough fans willing to pay big bucks for streaming sevices. As mentioned in the article those big market teams that own broadcast rights won't be affected. I fear for the rest. Could be a big mess.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Pens remove Errey and Mears as pbp and analyst. They now have their own broadcast stream Sports Net Pitsburgh. Their radio guy now takes over.

So is this the future? Cut costs like TD.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Is he hinting re: his former employer? I have been waiting to divorce Spectrum until an announcement is made due to the Bally channels on my package. Old school I know but also easy when home. I have so much work travel that ESPN+ will be my friend this season.

I have noticed @CanesOnBally hasn't tweeted anything about the Canes in several weeks.

please make this be true. TD taking a page out of the Vegas playbook and getting broadcast partners for OTA throughout NC, SC, GA, and southern VA would be a dream scenario.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
please make this be true. TD taking a page out of the Vegas playbook and getting broadcast partners for OTA throughout NC, SC, GA, and southern VA would be a dream scenario.
Would bring me back to when I was a kid in which games were broadcast on local channels and radio announcing was also important.

IMO-that approach could expand the fan base with a wider reach with the caveat being that households still subscribe to cable/streaming or have a local antenna (new ATSC 3.0 standard has some local channels password protecting access)

Reactions: Chrispy and DaveG

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Do you three like the service? It appears there is a two year contract with DirectTV stream, correct?
Not that I'm aware of, for the streaming service anyways (re 2-year contract). I've killed it for the last two summers for various reasons (hiking, cost-cutting) and, while the price goes up when I sign back up, there's no issues killing and signing back up.

It's expensive, but better than Sling ever was re lag, etc... Otherwise it's good enough, gives you DVR, etc. plus it's the only streaming service that gives you RSNs - more plus other channels than getting Bally Sports+. Hulu Live, YTTV, DirecTV Stream are all about the same, otherwise

https://streamtv.directv.com/

Be sure you get to the Stream site. I've sometimes gotten to the 'dish' site...

Reactions: Tryamw and MinJaBen

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Guess I've cancelled each of the last 3 years, with no contract termination, etc. etc. garbage... You just pay til the end of the current month (no pro-rating)...

Reactions: MinJaBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Not that I'm aware of, for the streaming service anyways (re 2-year contract). I've killed it for the last two summers for various reasons (hiking, cost-cutting) and, while the price goes up when I sign back up, there's no issues killing and signing back up.

It's expensive, but better than Sling ever was re lag, etc... Otherwise it's good enough, gives you DVR, etc. plus it's the only streaming service that gives you RSNs - more plus other channels than getting Bally Sports+. Hulu Live, YTTV, DirecTV Stream are all about the same, otherwise

https://streamtv.directv.com/

Be sure you get to the Stream site. I've sometimes gotten to the 'dish' site...
Interesting...I guess I was on the main DirectTV site where they had a streaming version or a satelite version. If you do it that way, you have a contract for 2 years and the published rates per package tack on a separate $13.99 "regional sports fee" to the published price. From the link above, the rate includes the regional sports. Glad you included the link for me...Thanks!

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Interesting...I guess I was on the main DirectTV site where they had a streaming version or a satelite version. If you do it that way, you have a contract for 2 years and the published rates per package tack on a separate $13.99 "regional sports fee" to the published price. From the link above, the rate includes the regional sports. Glad you included the link for me...Thanks!
Choice package, I think?

Haha, apparently it's so mindless to swap in and out of packages, service whatever that I don't know the details anymore.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
DirectTV Stream looks to be a monthly thing, which is would I would prefer.
Looks like I'll have to look into that or the Spectrum one, however I'm not terribly keen on Spectrum. Most of the time whenever I try and do things with them they try and f*** me over in the end with something.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Stream is monthly and if you find you like it and plan to keep them long term, get a box. It comes with a superb remote which allows you to switch channels quickly and easily

Could you maybe elaborate on this? I am seriously thinking of doing this, but I've looked a little bit and not seen anything about a box or remote. I currently have an AppleTV and it's remote is horrid. The idea of having to use that to navigate channels is almost enough to keep me paying cable the extra $$$ to avoid that experience.

Reactions: MustardStew

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Could you maybe elaborate on this? I am seriously thinking of doing this, but I've looked a little bit and not seen anything about a box or remote. I currently have an AppleTV and it's remote is horrid. The idea of having to use that to navigate channels is almost enough to keep me paying cable the extra $$$ to avoid that experience.

Yes, what 'box' are y'all talking about? I mean, I use my Roku TV, so I'm not looking, but I only see a list of compatible devices, none of which seem to be a DirecTV box.

At least by my setup, you use the guide or recent channels to navigate. No channel numbers, etc. Which is pretty standard for all the streaming services...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad