Where can I find the Canes game on TV?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Updated 10/3/2021

Streaming
  • ESPN+
    • Replaced NHL.tv as the league-wide streaming provider.
      • Of the 1,312 regular-season games, close to 1,100 will be live with just an ESPN+ subscription.
    • Will include home and away broadcasts.
    • Will be subject to blackout rules like NHL.tv was in the past.
    • A live DVR that allows fans to go back to the start of a game in progress.
    • Will host 75 exclusive national TV games.
      • Will also be available to Hulu subscribers.
    • Will simulcast games shown on ABC.
    • Archive:
      • Will allow for on-demand viewing at any time outside of the exclusive national window.
      • Blackout rules do not apply.
      • Games are placed in the archive 24 hours after game has ended.
  • Bally
    • Streaming available via the Bally app.
    • AT&T Now?
TV providers
  • Bally is the regional provider that will broadcast all games not covered by TNT and ESPN.
    • Carolina Hurricanes Channel Listing from Bally Sports
      (lists AT&T, Spectrum, DirecTV, and XFinity channels)
    • From this website you can enter your ZIP to find a broadcaster. For example, a Raleigh ZIP shows these additional providers carry Bally:
      • CenturyLink (channel 726/1726)
      • Greenlight Community Broadband (channel guide)
      • Hotwire Communications
  • TNT will cover national games, but they do not have any Canes games on their schedule.
  • ESPN will cover national games, and they have a handful of Canes games on their schedule.
    • 12/14 vs MIN
    • 1/13 vs CBS
    • 3/12 vs PHI (ABC/ESPN+ exclusive)
    • 3/24 vs DAL
    • 3/29 vs TBL
    • 4/5 vs BUF
    • 4/7 vs BUF
    • 4/14 vs DET
    • Games on ESPN will be available in the ESPN App, but only with a television provider login.
  • NHL Network will have 90 games this season.
Not Broadcast
  • fuboTV
  • Hulu
  • Philo
  • SlingTV
  • YouTube TV
  • Spectrum's streaming service

If you have more information, post here and/or hit me up (@geehaad) so this post can be updated.

Last edited:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Now I have to figure something out for myself, because my in-laws' cable provider in Greensboro (North State) no longer carries FS-Carolinas, apparently. :(

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
ATT TV Now is (I think) the only legit streaming option left. It's $80/mo. Pretty sad that we have basically gone backwards but it is what it is. So, the choices appear to be NHL.tv w/ VPN to avoid blackouts, ATT TV Now, traditional "cable", or of course alternative means.

Reactions: geehaad

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
ATT TV Now is (I think) the only legit streaming option left. It's $80/mo. Pretty sad that we have basically gone backwards but it is what it is. So, the choices appear to be NHL.tv w/ VPN to avoid blackouts, ATT TV Now, traditional "cable", or of course alternative means.
I believe Spectrum also has a package that includes Fox Sports that's a streaming package

Reactions: geehaad

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
If you got the TV part of Google Fiber before they dropped the TV package, they have Fox Sports. Or rather, they were carrying the Canes during the playoffs

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The second sports leagues figure they can make more money selling NBA.tv, NHL All Access etc. straight to the consumer than selling it to television networks as a middleman will be the straw that fatally broke the camel's back for cable.

I suspect this is why cable tv contracts for live sports are increasing even as cable becomes less and less popular.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
My parents just switched from Youtube TV to AT&T for hockey purposes. Apparently it is such that you can basically just switch as often as you'd like. For cord cutters - maybe do AT&T for the next 4 months and then switch back if you hate it?
Or you could just post your parents AT&T login credentials here and save all of us hundreds of dollars, Anton.

ANTON.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Not on their streaming packages. Just the whole box routine.
Good to know. So basically it's AT&T and seeing the price point on their packages was a bit of a gut punch. The good news is no contract so it's easy enough to drop after 4-5 months and then switch back to a more reasonable platform.

Last edited:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I believe Spectrum also has a package that includes Fox Sports that's a streaming package

I was thinking Fox Sports Carolinas was only available on their cable service but not sure. My in-laws have Spectrum streaming and it buffers constantly. They think it's their network but Youtube TV works fine, and I've showed them that it's obviously not the network. You can guess what they choose to believe. Rebooting your router 10 times a day isn't going to fix the bufferin'.

Reactions: DaveG

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
TBH, considering that YoutubeTV and Hulu are now $65/month, and those are the only places that we'll prolly ever see FS Carolina again, $80 for the ATT Now MAX package seems, meh, not a big deal price-wise. Yeah, the crazy price increases across the board suck, but it's still not cable prices NOR dependent on an extra device in my living room or bolted to my house. And I can quit after the season's over...
The super cheap streaming prices were due a bit of an autocorrect... Of course, n=1, or YMMV, or... well I'm out of short ways to say to each their own. Except that way haha

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
TBH, considering that YoutubeTV and Hulu are now $65/month, and those are the only places that we'll prolly ever see FS Carolina again, $80 for the ATT Now MAX package seems, meh, not a big deal price-wise. Yeah, the crazy price increases across the board suck, but it's still not cable prices NOR dependent on an extra device in my living room or bolted to my house. And I can quit after the season's over...
The super cheap streaming prices were due a bit of an autocorrect... Of course, n=1, or YMMV, or... well I'm out of short ways to say to each their own. Except that way haha

I only see FS 1 & 2 listed not the FS regionals. Calling Spectrum I could never get an answer about 1 & 2 as including FSC games that satisfied me (3 different people had no idea what FSC/regional nor Sinclair was). Finally stood outside the store on Glenwood for a bit until I got someone to come out. He filled me in that 1 & 2 would not show Canes games on streaming. Only by doing the cable box thing. Sinclair is just holding out until unleashing their own stream supposedly in April.

Other ATT bundles that includes Fox regionals come with contracts.

I would call AT&T before purchasing. Maybe their people are more informed.

Last edited:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I've added Spectrum's streaming service under the "Not Broadcast" category...if it's found to be untrue, please call it out so I can correct it.

Thanks all!

Reactions: Stubu and DaveG

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
I only see FS 1 & 2 listed not the FS regionals. Calling Spectrum I could never get an answer about 1 & 2 as including FSC games that satisfied me (3 different people had no idea what FSC/regional nor Sinclair was). Finally stood outside the store on Glenwood for a bit until I got someone to come out. He filled me in that 1 & 2 would not show Canes games on streaming. Only by doing the cable box thing. Sinclair is just holding out until unleashing their own stream supposedly in April.

Other ATT bundles that includes Fox regionals come with contracts.

I would call AT&T before purchasing. Maybe their people are more informed.

They are there with the Max package, though they list FS South twice (Carolinas being part of South). Was like that when it was DirecTV Now. It isn't contract, either, it's just the $80/mo.

Can even see Canes vs Wings scehduled Thursday night!

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
They are there with the Max package, though they list FS South twice (Carolinas being part of South). Was like that when it was DirecTV Now. It isn't contract, either, it's just the $80/mo.

Can even see Canes vs Wings scehduled Thursday night!
AT&T TV NOW - Stream Live TV & On Demand, HBO Included

Go here. Select packages. FS1 & FS2 are listed. The FS means Fox Sports, not Fox South. Scroll down to Check for Locals Regionals Sports Packages. Click on it.

Whoopee! You can enter your zip and sure enough FS Carolinas, etc. Come up. The problem is you are no longer on the Max Now site but on on the AT&T TV site. This is where you sign up for 24 months and pay extra for regional sports to boot.

A classic bait and switch.

Would love to be proved wrong.

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Yeah, as a former ATT customer, I can attest to their shady practices. They got me into a contract by blatantly lying to me over the phone about what the cost of a "bundled" package would be. On day 365, I went back to Spectrum. Never again will I buy a product of theirs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->