Where can I find the Canes game on TV?

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Sigh, photos... Pic is too big... I've got the option to cancel my service, from atttvnow.com AND I'm watching Fox Sports Carolina's replay of UNC women's basketball.

It's almost the exact experience I had a couple years ago with DirectTV Now.

Edit: I have FS1, FS2, Fox Sports South and Fox Sports South (Carolinas)

Reactions: DaveG

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Sigh, photos... Pic is too big... I've got the option to cancel my service, from atttvnow.com AND I'm watching Fox Sports Carolina's replay of UNC women's basketball.

It's almost the exact experience I had a couple years ago with DirectTV Now.

Edit: I have FS1, FS2, Fox Sports South and Fox Sports South (Carolinas)
To be clear, you get Fox Sports Carolinas on AT&T Now?

That's great. I will now eat crow.

Last edited:

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Can I not post an online site where people can watch hockey from around the world for free? including NCAA, NHL and the overseas professional leagues? No membership required, after a year, I have never had a problem with virus although I do recommend a VPN.

I will not post the site again, until I'm told it is ok.

Thanks

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Can I not post an online site where people can watch hockey from around the world for free? including NCAA, NHL and the overseas professional leagues? No membership required, after a year, I have never had a problem with virus although I do recommend a VPN.

I will not post the site again, until I'm told it is ok.

Thanks
Not if it's an illegal site which that one was.

Thanks

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I don't see anywhere centurylink is selling tv?...just internet....can someone enlighten me?

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Posted the below in another thread but wanted to put it here as well:

Purchasing NHL.TV and using a VPN to spoof your location is entirely legal. It is, however, against the Terms & Conditions you accept when signing up NHL.TV. So the only risk is that NHL.TV catches you doing this and cancels your subscription without issuing a refund. But NHL.TV doesn’t care enough to pursue those who are doing this. You can buy NHL.TV for $99 and then do a monthly subscription for a VPN service for like $5/month and watch every game.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
From NHL.com:
NHL deal with ESPN, Disney takes hockey into the future: TV, streaming platforms will help grow game, give fans more options

OK, well there it is, sounds pretty official. Thanks for sharing this.

I'm guessing they will offer the same NHL.tv product and price, but you will now need espn+ to get in the door...just like UFC PPV.

Since I already have espn+ currently, it will not be a cost increase for me...but for others it will bump the overall price up by $50...and that price is probably going up in the not-so-distant future.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
OK, well there it is, sounds pretty official. Thanks for sharing this.

I'm guessing they will offer the same NHL.tv product and price, but you will now need espn+ to get in the door...just like UFC PPV.

Since I already have espn+ currently, it will not be a cost increase for me...but for others it will bump the overall price up by $50...and that price is probably going up in the not-so-distant future.

I think that article is kinda fuzzy. So, does the 1000 out-of-market games include all the Canes games? It seems possible that I may be able to watch all our games on Hulu once again.

If not, I guess I shitcan Hulu and get Disney

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
I think that article is kinda fuzzy. So, does the 1000 out-of-market games include all the Canes games? It seems possible that I may be able to watch all our games on Hulu once again.

If not, I guess I shitcan Hulu and get Disney

My understanding is this:

1) You will be able to watch the Canes on Hulu only if Hulu adds Bally Sports to their lineup...and I don't know what the situation is with that.

2) The 1000 out-of-market games will be the same deal as NHL.tv. You'll be able to watch all the games so long as they are not blacked out due to your location (IP Address).

3) NHL.tv also blacks out nationally televised games that are on NBCSports...but going forward, those games will be on ESPN...and you'll first need an ESPN+ account to pay up for the 1000 out-of-market games premium package.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

“The average RSN is about 10 times more expensive for operators—and by extension, their customers—than the average national cable channel. While the range of pricing is fairly broad, the ratio works out to something like $5 per sub per month for RSNs versus $0.50 for basic-cable networks.) “

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
this is what I found
Subscribe

It will be part of a subscription to ESPN+.

So, since we will be getting less with CI, how, if at all, will it impact pricing?

Hard to believe the season is less than 11 weeks away.

2021 - 2022 NHL Center Ice
Directv wants $70. I have ESPN+ already so if CI is the same the only benefit would be easily accessing the games in 700 channels and recording more easily.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
As an fyi, ESPN+ is a big jumble of poo. The downside of going with them is that they have so much content on the site that it's difficult to narrow cast to your particular need quickly.

It takes a few nested levels to get to games and when you do get there, it's not detailed very well.

There are a few exhibition games on the APP plus I saw that there was several Montreal-Tampa games (US, Canadian, French broadcasts) but good luck figuring out which game they were.

Oh well, progress.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I have updated the original post with this year's changed landscape. However, I haven't gone to the trouble of nailing down the specific info for each provider who does/doesn't carry Bally, TNT, and ESPN, and what channel numbers each of them carry. I just don't feel like doing that level of research straight away. If anyone cares to post corrections/updates/additions here, I'll be glad to make amendments to that OP.

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
DirectTV Stream Choice (or higher) package (AT&T Now replacement) has Bally Sports S and SE. They both show in the list as South, but I watched the Canes on them last year.

Happily enough, it also now has MLB Network! Though this isn't that thread.

Reactions: skipnjump

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Came across this today:
well, JF site won’t allow the link so just go to thestreamable website for article:

Bummer that you can no longer follow the ticks to goals, key plays any more. For such a large media conglomerate, ESPN’s SW is crap.

Last edited:

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
DirectTV Stream Choice (or higher) package (AT&T Now replacement) has Bally Sports S and SE. They both show in the list as South, but I watched the Canes on them last year.

Happily enough, it also now has MLB Network! Though this isn't that thread.

Does dtv stream negotiate any sweet deals?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Anyone watch the games on a streamer versus the ESPN App tonight?

Directv stream was Ok (just ok) but the ESPN APP was awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: geehaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad