Where can I find the Canes game on TV?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Q re: local access on Bally +.

My son is trying to get the package (he has YouTube tv) to watch the Canes but when he typed in his wake County zip code he gets a “not available” message. Bally+ still not a reality locally yet?

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Q re: local access on Bally +.

My son is trying to get the package (he has YouTube tv) to watch the Canes but when he typed in his wake County zip code he gets a “not available” message. Bally+ still not a reality locally yet?
Bally+ is it's own sports app/stream... Bally networks (South, SE, etc.) aren't available through Youtube TV, what with the never-ending negotiations between Bally/Sinclair and TV providers...

DirecTV Stream is the only provider that has a tier that'll get him Bally's.

I don't have Bally+, but that should be viewable, locally but prolly on it's own website or app.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Bally+ is it's own sports app/stream... Bally networks (South, SE, etc.) aren't available through Youtube TV, what with the never-ending negotiations between Bally/Sinclair and TV providers...

DirecTV Stream is the only provider that has a tier that'll get him Bally's.

I don't have Bally+, but that should be viewable, locally but prolly on it's own website or app.
I wasn’t clear, sorry.

He is trying to buy the separate ballly+ package on their site. It says it’s available on the landing page but then when you put in the area code it says not available.

Anyone who lives in the Triangle have Bally+ and can watch the Canes?

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

DSG hasn’t committed to paying full contract value for the 2023-2024 season for the 28 NBA and NHL teams it airs on most of its 18 regional sports channels. But Judge Lopez’s ruling suggested that DSG would now have a hard time cutting those fees.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Another article. I'd add that Diamond has not only cost but revenue risk. They need to re-negotiate with both Directv, Charter and Comcast (1,2,3 subscriber leaders) by end-October (3 key sources....I use Directv Stream that would be at risk) and need to balance revenue certainty with the costs.

Btw: I wonder what the contract status is for our announcing/production team right now?

Last edited:

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Another article.

Btw: I wonder what the contract status is for our announcing/production team right now?

Yeah. I posted a while back asking the same thing. They usually announce the new contracts with MM and/or TT way before now.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Man at this point I just want stability. Force Sinclair to forfeit the rights and then sell them to WRAL for local broadcasting and streaming.

Reactions: DaveG

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Athletic-bill Daly q&a re: tv and other topics.

Tv: don’t expect a league wide blanket approach but rather each team will decide for themselves:

“contingencies differ by market. And I think all of our clubs with relationships with Bally Sports are exploring what local options they have, whether it be over the air or whether it be potential other carriers”

I don’t think there are many viable cable alternatives….streaming companies perhaps are a pathway.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad