Speculation: When will Hakstol be replaced as the Flyers head coach?

When will Hakstol be replaced as the Flyers head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
The play on the ice is all Hak. Precise, calculated and slow so easy to predermine. Watch video on us the night before a game and walk out halfway through because nothing has changed or changes. The players have talents to exploit that may come with risk but right now we got no nothing happening. No surprise, no leaving post to fight, no chances to create... "no nothing"

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
tenor.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
When doves cry....

(Hextall) How can you just leave me standing?
Alone in a world with a coach that's so cold (so cold)
Maybe I'm just too demanding
Maybe I'm just like the Flyers father Mr. Snider, too bold…

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With all of the media and fans calling for Hakstol's head, Hextall will not fire him just out of spite and to try and prove he knows more than anyone else!!

This is exactly the impression I get from him as well.

What a tool.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
I believe for Hextall the situation is still short of a disaster (and we all know a 10 game losing streak is not one here) Hextall will wait for a 'turnaround' or for the near ideal replacement to become available. (Off season?)

Not replacing him with an equivalent.

No real Coaching talent is available now (Vigneault?) so sticking it out for at least the season. (And if we win a playoff round or two you're probably looking at two more years of Hakstock.)

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I believe for Hextall the situation is still short of a disaster (and we all know a 10 game losing streak is not one here) Hextall will wait for a 'turnaround' or for the near ideal replacement to become available. (Off season?)

Not replacing him with an equivalent.

No real talent Coaching talent is available now - so ticking it out for at least the season. (And if we win a playoff round or two you're probably looking at two more years of Hakstall.)

Because he continually passes up the opportunity to grab quality experienced veteran coachs, most recently Trotz.

Win a playoff round?! HaHaHaHaHa.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well....s* happens. I've seen bigger surprises .

This team is not making the Playoffs without a coaching change, let alone winning a round.

Even if they made it as a Wild Card, they'd get crushed by Pittsburgh, Washington, Toronto, or Tampa Bay; the 4 teams they'd be most likely to face assuming the Standings finish as expected.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
This team is not making the Playoffs without a coaching change, let alone winning a round.

Even if they made it as a Wild Card, they'd get crushed by Pittsburgh, Washington, Toronto, or Tampa Bay; the 4 teams they'd be most likely to face assuming the Standings finish as expected.

First PO round: Hart goes 4-1 with a (say) .93? save percentage earning 2 shutouts and a couple one goal games. The right goalie at the right time can do anything almost in spite of a team. Seen it many times starting with Dryden in 1971. Looking forward to it (cause that's what it'll take).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad