Speculation: When will Hakstol be replaced as the Flyers head coach?

When will Hakstol be replaced as the Flyers head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I went with the 2019 off season. I don't think Hextall will do anything to disrupt the regular season, even if the Flyers don't end up making the playoffs. I think though that if they fail to qualify for the playoffs or if they're one and done again and they do so in a similar manner like they did against the Pens, Hak's done.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
tenor.gif

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE by December 1st. The fans deserve better! It is so obvious that he doesn't have what it takes to win at the NHL level. Cut bait, name Knob the interim and see how he does.

He may be the nicest guy in the world but there is no participation trophies in the NHL.

MOVE ON HEAXTALL!!!!

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
2020 offseason. Unless the wheels absolutely fall off, theres no way he gets fired this year. A playoff appearance, and a first round exit, isn't enough for Hextall to fire him.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Voted replaced during the season next year. Kinda like Lavi, will be continuously given the benefit of the doubt this year. Another miss, or playoff embarrassment will finally shorten the leashes. Next year, GMRH finally gets serious, it's a contract year for HCDH. Plays into the speculation the team won't want to pay HCDH not to coach, but with only a partial year remaining, blow will be less significant. Either GMRH takes over, or one of the assistants gets a try-out, seat-warmer audition opportunity.

If GMRH really does have the bromance feels for HCDH, it resolves itself like Beurbe, and the contract expires, solves itself. This way HCDH isn't fired, but GMRH is able to hire a new HC. Going into the 2nd to last season of the contract, it's typical to extend a coach now. There's been no chatter about that. At all.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don’t even care anymore that he’s a POS coach.

The way he wants them to play, and his obsession with guys who shouldn’t even be playing has them arguably as one of the most boring clubs in the league.

I want to be entertained. Hak hockey is the opposite.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I can't fathom a scenario where Hextall cans him during a season. My vote is for this offseason solely based on the uninspired hockey I've seen so far.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
He will get a 3 year extension....just watch.

It’s actually quite likely in my opinion.

There is just enough talent to keep them afloat and excuse him for the turd he is. The Flyer actually aren’t as bad of a team as this organization would have you believe. The goaltending is terrible but there is skill in this lineup.

We are basically in purgatory until Dave is let go.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Simple: as long as Hextall is GM.
How many coaches do you know that can survive not, 1, but 2 (TWO) 10-game losing streaks in 3-years?

Hextall will not fire his son's coach. He will sooner get a contract extension than be fired.

Reactions: Lurch

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
2020 offseason.

Expectations are higher this year, but not that high. They’ll make the playoffs again and that’ll be good enough for him to stay.

By 19-20 there will be no denying the talent and he’ll fail to get them anywhere substantial. Hexy will finally admit his mistake after the season.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I hope after this year.

I’d bet on them just letting his contract run out and letting him walk, like they just did with their other trash, Filppula and Manning.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Gonna quote myself from a previous thread because this is relevant:

Just to cheer everyone up, if Hakstol is still coach on...

October 20th, he will have passed Ken Hitchcock for 7th longest-tenured Flyers coach.
November 8th, he will have passed Pat Quinn as 6th longest-tenured Flyers coach.
November 10th, he will have passed John Stevens as 5th longest-tenured Flyers coach
November 13th, he will have passed Paul Holmgren as 4th longest-tenured Flyers coach.
December 6th, he will have passed Peter Laviolette as 3rd longest-tenured Flyers coach.

...and if he's still coach on March 21st, he will pass Mike Keenan to become the 2nd longest-tenured Flyers coach, behind only Fred Shero.

So, mark up your calendars.

I think he'll be 3rd all-time when his tenure is finished.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How many playoff rounds do you expect Hakstol to win before he receives that extension?
Zero.

GM's rarely leave coaches as lame ducks in their last season. So this coming summer, guess what happens? The extension. But he will be fired before it's half over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad