team logo
Phillip Danault0.85
team logo
Matt Roy0.82
team logo
Vladislav Gavrikov0.66
team logo
Arthur Kaliyev0.62

That from hockeystatcards.com. They have him graded out as LA's best player.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Absolutely sick goal. Only 21 years old. I am completely stoked that he will be the with team for quite some time. Next jersey I get will likely be a Byfield one. I almost don't care what you sign him for at this point, but while I was leaning towards a bridge deal early in the season, I am now thinking you might have to pay the man to lock him in at sub-top tier numbers right now.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
I can see him going with the trend that's been happening with younger players recently where teams give them the big contract a bit earlier in their career. Logic being to pay them the big bucks when they're in their prime.
Difficult part is going to be the fact that PLD is getting 8.5m for 8 years, and Byfield is so much better than him, he's gonna want more and he deserves more. Maybe he'll take a bridge contract like Robertson, but that'll just make him more expensive in the long run.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
To get him on an 8 year contract the annual cap hit will probably have to be more than 10% of next years cap. So about 9M+

If I was his agent, I would be advising him to pull a Matthews.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Absolutely sick goal. Only 21 years old. I am completely stoked that he will be the with team for quite some time. Next jersey I get will likely be a Byfield one. I almost don't care what you sign him for at this point, but while I was leaning towards a bridge deal early in the season, I am now thinking you might have to pay the man to lock him in at sub-top tier numbers right now.
QB is the first non goalie jersey I have considered buying.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Man, this kid has really blossomed this year.
Yeah he's a different player. I've been very critical of him but he decided this year to just go for it instead of patiently waiting for things to happen. The biggest difference is that it's not just spurts. It's every game.

Reactions: Fripp

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Yeah he's a different player. I've been very critical of him but he decided this year to just go for it instead of patiently waiting for things to happen. The biggest difference is that it's not just spurts. It's every game.
It's wild how different he is from last year. I don't know if it's natural acclimation and development, skating school with the tiny lady, using an adult sized stick, or if someone just told him that he's huge and should consider using that to his advantage, but he went from timid baby deer to bull.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
It's wild how different he is from last year. I don't know if it's natural acclimation and development, skating school with the tiny lady, using an adult sized stick, or if someone just told him that he's huge and should consider using that to his advantage, but he went from timid baby deer to bull.
Lol I forgot about his mini-stick, does he still use a small stick? I feel like I haven't noticed it as much as I used to so I'm guessing it's longer than when he first entered the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad