• During season

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • After season

Votes: 46 71.9%

• Total voters

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I get what you're saying but I think in this case it was kind of called for, Byfield had precious few very vocal supporters who followed him in juniors and kept pumping his tires despite HF's overwhelmingly brutal shittalking over the years. There were VERY few people who supported him entirely this whole time
I think it is important to remember what was said when Byfield was drafted.

"Quinton Byfield, no matter what."

• Love
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Still have that one tucked away

draft day.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The smart thing would have been to work out his contract so that you know if you have any room to re-sign roy and address goaltending in the off season. That would have had to happen before next week's deadline, because if you do not have room the other smart thing would be to move Roy.

What is going to happen is QB will be signed in the off season after Roy walks for nothing.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It’ll be a bridge deal. Like 2 years, $4.5M.

He'd be a fool to take that kind of deal when comparable players have gotten much more.

He won't get what Stutzle got, but look at these guys for comparisons.,

Matt Boldy - 31G/ 63 point pace age 21 signed 7 x $7m
Cole Caufield - 46G/ 65 point pace aged 21/22 signed 8 x $7.8m
Josh Norris - 43G/ 68 point pace aged 22 signed 8 x $7.9m

QB is currently on pace for 26/62 in his age 21 season. Seems to align quite similarly to where Boldy was, same position, similar production, both a bit on the raw side with upside.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
He'd be a fool to take that kind of deal when comparable players have gotten much more.

He won't get what Stutzle got, but look at these guys for comparisons.,

Matt Boldy - 31G/ 63 point pace age 21 signed 7 x $7m
Cole Caufield - 46G/ 65 point pace aged 21/22 signed 8 x $7.8m
Josh Norris - 43G/ 68 point pace aged 22 signed 8 x $7.9m

QB is currently on pace for 26/62 in his age 21 season. Seems to align quite similarly to where Boldy was, same position, similar production, both a bit on the raw side with upside.
Guess what, none of those comparables were on the Kings. Guess who was. Guys named Kempe, Moore, Toffoli, Pearson. All dudes who broke out under Blake and got slow rolled into medium dollar, medium term bridge deals.

I think QB’s camp holds the line on term (2years) and bends on dollars (sub $5M per). I don’t think QB rocking the friendship bracelet with Pierre Luc is a coincidence. He’s gonna bridge his way to fatter and fatter paydays whatever the market he plays in.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I could see an offer sheet coming into play with QB.

If the Kings negotiation with young players is as archaic as the AHL usage this could be possible. But I think the reason the Kings don’t have any of these big 2nd contracts is because they just haven’t had anyone coming off an ELC who warranted one until now.

I still think he gets a similar deal to Boldy and Caufield and its win/win for everyone.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
prolonged slump for Byfield, whom I still love.

Still meeting what I was pigeonholed into predicting.

I think as , I said he needs to learn how to utilize neutral body position and deception more after being scouted.

But the numbers are coming down,.

Should be a able to sign Roy with a bridge to QB.

I would try to low-ball Viktor Arvidsson, because of injuries, but ya, that's stretching it.

Blake will offer QB what his comp numbers merit.

He will be told to sit if not, we have seen Blake use leverage on RFA's before.

If Arvidsson and or Roy ain'tt coming back, I would try to see if he can lock up QB longer because I still believe.
Try to sign a poor man's Roy and get Fagemo onto L3 next season.

PLD - Kopitar- Kempe

Fiala - Danault - Moore

Fagemo- QB -Laferriere

Lewis - Turcotte -Thomas

Kaliyev - Cheap deterrent type

Mikey A. - DD
Gavrikov -Spence
Englund - Clarke
Moverare

Veteran cheap goalie - Portillo

FA resign priority list if not listed above and Blake has the $ under cap and they will resign and plug in above
1.Roy
2. Arvidsson
3. Talbot
4. Rittich
5. Lizotte
6. Grundstrom
7. Copley

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
PLD - Kopitar- Kempe

Fiala - Danault - Moore

Fagemo- QB -Laferriere

Lewis - Turcotte -Thomas

Kaliyev - Cheap deterrent type

Mikey A. - DD
Gavrikov -Spence
Englund - Clarke
Moverare

Veteran cheap goalie - Portillo
This lineup here that you posted would leave a lot of cap space left over. Even if you figure 8.5 million for Byfield and 1.5 million for the veteran goalie. The rest of rfas should be near league minimum.
They would have around 8 million left in cap still. I wonder if theyd want to take a chance on Spencer Knight. Yannetti had mentioned him in the past as an elite goalie.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
This lineup here that you posted would leave a lot of cap space left over. Even if you figure 8.5 million for Byfield and 1.5 million for the veteran goalie. The rest of rfas should be near league minimum.
They would have around 8 million left in cap still. I wonder if theyd want to take a chance on Spencer Knight. Yannetti had mentioned him in the past as an elite goalie.

Yes indeed but this was a bare bones deployment to be supplemented by the FA list at the bottom with
what you can afford in order of priority with any agreeable players more than taking a flyer on anyone, including like Knight.

I mean it is an interesting idea but I have no idea what's up with him.

He was in assistance , I believe.

A big red flag, that Blake who may end up on his last legs probably wouldn''t make.

This is pre playoffs, the final exams, so a lot can change in any after season over review.

Reactions: Schmooley

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Get him extended now to a reasonable, fair long term extension and find some endorsement deals for him in Los Angeles to make extra money.
His agent will be looking for a short bridge deal as there is a great chance he explodes offensively. He seems to have tired mentally which is why his production slowed. However he’s showed he is a good learner and will improve that side of things, as he has at every stage. I’m sure he will back himself going with something like 2 years.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Short term bridge deal, learn as much as he can from Kopitar during his final years and eventually take over 1C. Dubois can f*** off if he still wants to play like a bum. This is Byfield’s team.

Reactions: lumbergh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad