When the Oilers Will Make Playoffs

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
When a successful is made involving two so called core players/quality assets going out for quality players coming in.

It's gotta happen. This core is rotten and over rated.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
2 small things need to be fixed

It seems to me that there is all the reasons to think that Oilers will fall behind in the SC race. I think we will improve during the season but we need to fix 2 minor things first and maybe we can get the team back into race.

1 Puck possession. Team must win more face offs. Lander gets the job done but cannot contribute offenively. Let's put Eberle into his line. If it cannot get him going we must trade him or at least put him into 4th line. Then we need to trade for the 3rd line pivot preferably someone who has a right hand shot.

2. Veteran defense men do not get the job done. We must give Nurse and DAvidon their spots. Gryba is the most tradable of them let's package him with Lander and find a dancing partner who wants to dump the salary in the form of 3rd line center.

The big whole is that we do not have true number 1 dman, but now we are talking about play offs not winning the SC

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
It seems to me that there is all the reasons to think that Oilers will fall behind in the SC race. I think we will improve during the season but we need to fix 2 minor things first and maybe we can get the team back into race.

1 Puck possession. Team must win more face offs. Lander gets the job done but cannot contribute offenively. Let's put Eberle into his line. If it cannot get him going we must trade him or at least put him into 4th line. Then we need to trade for the 3rd line pivot preferably someone who has a right hand shot.

2. Veteran defense men do not get the job done. We must give Nurse and DAvidon their spots. Gryba is the most tradable of them let's package him with Lander and find a dancing partner who wants to dump the salary in the form of 3rd line center.

The big whole is that we do not have true number 1 dman, but now we are talking about play offs not winning the SC

except, that is not a minor problem. It seems to proving to be an unsolvable problem, other than simply waiting and hoping that Klefbom, Reinhart and Nurse can get the job done.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
except, that is not a minor problem. It seems to proving to be an unsolvable problem, other than simply waiting and hoping that Klefbom, Reinhart and Nurse can get the job done.

OK! You are right but at least It can be solved. I read from oilersnations that Chiarelli is working phones to improve defense

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The season did not start well. Things can be turned around still. First thing to do is to send Slepyshev and Reinhart to Stockton. They need to play and now Stockton is good for their development. They do not help win games in the NHL lever

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...-and-griffin-reinhart-or-send-them-to-the-ahl

Bryan Bickell would be good replacement to Slepyshev. Let us try to trade Ference for him. Trade is doable if we retain half of his salary.

We should send them to our AHL team instead of Calgarys....haha, I kid, I kid...

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Bad dream came true

In the last night I had a nightmare that the Oilers were in the last place in the standings. I opened my iPad in the morning. It is not just a bad dream . We are dead last in the league standings 8 pts away from the playoff spot. I was wrong we will not make playoffs this year. What should be den this season so we can make it in the next season

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
In the last night I had a nightmare that the Oilers were in the last place in the standings. I opened my iPad in the morning. It is not just a bad dream . We are dead last in the league standings 8 pts away from the playoff spot. I was wrong we will not make playoffs this year. What should be den this season so we can make it in the next season
Last night I had a dream that we made a blockbuster trade that I was really happy about and couldn't believe who we got. Woke up couldn't remeber who it was and we were in last place....

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

We should be patient and realize that a decade of utterly incompetent management isn't going to fix itself in 20 games.

We need to replace the deadweight with NHL calibre guys. We can consider a deal trading a forward for a good dman.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
When a successful is made involving two so called core players/quality assets going out for quality players coming in.

It's gotta happen. This core is rotten and over rated.

Not until they realize that the team has to be built around defense first. We could have ten McDavids and still not make it. Need a veteran or two who can mould the current roster otherwise its just same old.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Not until they realize that the team has to be built around defense first. We could have ten McDavids and still not make it. Need a veteran or two who can mould the current roster otherwise its just same old.

i disagree....if we had 10 mcdavids surely we could convince 3-4 to play defence

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Here is something fun to think about:

All other things being equal outside of the goaltending change, the difference between Talbot's save % (.926) and Scrivens (.890) means that out of the roughly 2460 shots we gave up last year, Talbot would have saved 88 more shots. 88. That is 88 goals not going in. Even expecting slight regression from Talbot, let's call it 70...

That is all.

(we're going to be very, very, close this year I predict)

Shut up you idiot!!! :baghead:

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
It's pretty obvious at this point that there's no chance at playoffs this year. I would guess that the earliest we could make the playoffs would be in 2018, but my gut says it will be longer.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Maybe if we resort to calculus, they can make it, but the math simply says no.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
How the heck are we 30th again??

ahhhhh

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes