When is the season ender press conference?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
:facepalm:

Yup throw all your players under the bus. Great management technique.

I’m sure that will help bring in all the UFA’s.

This board really isn’t full of the brightest bunch eh? What could he possibly gain from throwing a player under the bus?
You can be honest without throwing people under the bus.

This group is soft and so are it’s young fans. If you don’t want your feelings hurt than do better. Making 7-8 figures to play pro sports puts you under a lot of pressure to perform. When it doesn’t happen, people ask why. If you can’t handle that you should consider a different line of work.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
and a large majority of Pittsburgh fans still want Rutherford fired, even though he was brave enough to insult a player on his way out of the organization. Crazy

There are certain segments of that fan base that are mad at Matt Murray for existing and causing them to trade Fleury rather than happy the guy helped bring in 2 cups.

You can't please them all but you have 3 Stanley Cups, you can talk.

He just really misfired on that Jack Johnson addition but we don't need to look far to see that Kadri for Kerfoot/Barrie transaction.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Do not think it will be so easy. Money is going to come back in trades unless you sell low. Going to also depend on what COVID did to the number AP signs for.
that is why the GM is paid big bucks mate

to get the hard things done

the kerf/kap/johns ,combination is very very very doable

Reactions: ToneDog

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Well boys, from how today’s presser went, it seems like Dubas is doubling down on his vision with this team and it doesn’t look like major changes are going to happen.

Get ready for yet another 1st round playoff exit at best in about 7 months, because we are not winning shit with the way this team is currently constructed.

To be honest; I think we may not even make the playoffs next season.

Reactions: rumman and mikeyz

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Glad to see that management and players are shutting out the ridiculous fan/media hot takes, and are keeping to the plan. Very reassuring.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
these sound bites from the players/GM/President leave me feeling less hope that I did yesterday, if that's possible.................

giphy.gif

The Kyle Dubas Special

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So Dubas knew they’d be bad and traded their first round pick anyway? If this ‘core’ is where he thought it would be than the 1st to Carolina is even dumber than we thought.

That, or he’s lying and thought they were better than they are.

so now dubas is changing the goal posts eh..... what an absolutely PATHETIC way for dubas to defend his decision; at least have some balls and own up to it

Reactions: rumman

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Final hurdle????????????????????????????????????????????????

What FINAL HURDLE!? you did not get past the f***ING FIRST hurdle:banghead::madfire::ha:

Incorrect. They did not even get there this year. They are lying face first in the mud as they tripped over their own egos just before the first hurdle.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We were a bottom 10 team for goals against, so I'm going to guess the metrics they use to measure defensive ability may have some issues.
All you have to do is watch Ceci Barrie and Marty for a good 10 minutes max and you can see the real problems all 3 possess. None of them scare anyone. They are all SOFT. One is scared out of his pants. One can't deal with any pressure at all before giving it up. And a third can't skate to keep up. This is nowhere near an NHL level defense. It does not matter what a underdeveloped flawed analytics say because it is a novel industry still which is years away from giving good data.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
RE: Ceci, it just completely showed he doesn't know wtf he is looking at. You can't say you know a damned thing about hockey when you come up to me and tell me Ceci is anything more than a #6.
He would not be my #6 guy. He would not even be my #7 guy. H*ll he would even struggle as a 2nd pair minor leaguer. He can't skate well enough. He is not mean. He is not a good puck mover. He is a decent 'decent' positional guy.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Nice press conference. It was a little different than what I thought. It was still PR though, but Good leadership, good core and some changes coming.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He would not be my #6 guy. He would not even be my #7 guy. H*ll he would even struggle as a 2nd pair minor leaguer. He can't skate well enough. He is not mean. He is not a good puck mover. He is a decent 'decent' positional guy.

You sure man? I don't think we know between our 4 eye balls and 2 brains but Dubas has a chart that says Ceci brings value to the team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I was drinking the Shanny kool-aide until he gave the keys to the candy store to the boy wonder.

Honestly. and I said it then. I said it all the time and I'll say it now.
I don't have a problem necessarily with Shanahan giving Dubas the GM job. What pissed me off was he didn't freaking interview anyone else. I don't care if you thought you had the answer at home. it's your job to do due diligence and make sure that he is the best person for the job.

Young people need a chance to grow in this industry and I don't even care that it's here. as long as you prove that you are really, really good and using his age as reason why Dubas sucks is ageist. Because Yzerman (very well regarded) was a lot older and he made some mistakes too. The thing is - does Dubas has the stones to correct a lot of the mistakes - i don't know. And quite frankly. i've also made my stance on analytics so i'm not even going there again.

until we see what happens with draft (do we keep our pick?) and UFA. (shrug). but like i said when we got eliminated. honestly what's going to be different? the offense will be super sexy untilit's not. Andersen willl be hot garbage until he's not. we won't be defensively secure as we ought to be. and then we'll face a team who will know exactly how to tear us apart.

rinse. repeat.
ho hum

Reactions: mikeyz

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Here's the way I see it.

There's no question we have the skill and talent (at least up front). But the other intangible needed to make a deep run is that burning desire to want to win and run through the endboards to get there. These guys just don't have that intangible - at least not right now.

So the question Dubas needs to figure out is - who has the character and willingness to lay it all on the line and perhaps get bloodied to do so? He's obviously betting the farm that they will learn and get there eventually. However, it's not hard to see that some of these guys don't have this character trait. These are the guys need to go and you bring in guys willing to lay it out there.

For me, the first guy to go should be Nylander. I love watching him play, but I just don't see him going above and beyond what's needed.

Reactions: ToneDog

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Incorrect. They did not even get there this year. They are lying face first in the mud as they tripped over their own egos just before the first hurdle.
no, i am correct

the first hurdle is making the POs and they did not do that,,,aka did not get past the first hurdle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad