OT: When do you trade PLD (MOD WARNING to non-CBJ fans post 745)

When do you trade PLD

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
That's another thing to watch out for. If Laine is coming to Columbus there are going to be a lot of Laine fans coming with them. And no they aren't all going to become Blue Jackets fans. There are Laine fans that dump on the Jets for not being good enough for him.
I think Columbus will be a top 3 team in Finland

Reactions: cslebn

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hypothetical lineup if the deal rumored is true (Laine+Roslovic)

Laine-Domi-Bjorkstrand
Foudy-Texier-Foligno/Grigorenko
Jenner-Roslovic-Atkinson
Robinson-Nash-Grigorenko/Foligno

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

Laine-Domi-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Roslovic-Atkinson
I think it balances us out better, we get more goals and some help at center. Big issue is how Laine will fit in/like Columbus/Torts/line mates etc

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Laine-Domi-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Roslovic-Atkinson

IF such a deal happens I think you do have to have Bjorkstrand with Laine, I'm so damn impressed with Bjorkstrand I can see him becoming a playmaker too. Laine can pass very well too.

I wouldn't rule out having Bjorkstrand be the one to play off-wing:

Bjorkstrand-Domi-Laine

He's nimbler and quicker and that helps on the off-wing, you need to get more space to work the puck onto your forehand.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think it balances us out better, we get more goals and some help at center. Big issue is how Laine will fit in/like Columbus/Torts/line mates etc
When the question always becomes centered around it working with Torts , pretty easy to see where the real problem lies . Perhaps the ultimatum from Jarmo , to Torts is you make it work , or your out . I would imagine that’s how it will go . Major posted earlier that this trade stuff with PLD , Jarmo and his agent were agreed upon how it would proceed , and then Torts ran his fat mouth to the media ... can’t imagine Jarmo will have much more tolerance .

As I said when this first came out , if you can get Laine for Pld , you take the deal and become ecstatic . That’s a huge win for the jackets . Texier looks like he may have real potential at center , Domi looks to be settling in ... Ideally if you could roll Domi Texier Ros/Stenlund Koviu down the middle , that’s better than we have had nearly every year of our franchise history , aside from when Duchene was here . Plus you have Nash , Jenner , Foligno that can step in , if needed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I agree on the "big issue". But we're not better balanced with that trade. Roslovic isn't a particularly good 3C. We have 4-5 guys who aren't ideal at that job but can sorta do it, and he's just another one of those. The change with the deal is Domi sliding up to 1C and that's where it gets sketchy, certainly less balanced in my opinion.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Laine + Roslovic for PLD take it and run.

Grigs - Domi - Laine

Foudy - Koivu - Bjorky

Cam - Roslovic - Tex

Jenner - Nash - Foligno

1st. Domi and Grigs are very offence skilled players with great understand of the game and Laine shoots pucks better than 99.9% of the world

2nd Koivu has been names for Selke couple times and he knows how defence. Foudy got some speed and with Bjorkys shot they can do some damage.

3rd. Even this line now have some offensive power. Roslovic hasnt been good for his earlier season. Cam hasnt been good this year. But 3rd line combined for this shape its excellent.

4th. Meat line. Jenner can be in every line. They hit hard and shuts down opponents game. (If they hurry and gets there).

If this trade happens its a robbery if Laine resign

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
career numbers:

72445AFB-8FDF-4998-ACB3-90311E1952D3.png

Laine > Dubois.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
And also in that same perfect world, his Dad (who understands hockey pretty damn well) just got done ripping his ass over the phone — advising him to stop acting like an entitled brat or else he doesn’t end up getting his wish of a new home.

Dubois dad is a coach in the Winnipeg organization, an assistant for their farm team the Manitoba Moose, playing out of the same arena as the Jets.

Special connection: Dubois and his dad savor mid-season visit

Last edited:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
If theres really an offer where Laine and Roslovic for PLD and Jarmo dont take it. I will lose my mind. If Laine resign we only need second center with Domi and we are definitely contender.

EDIT. Barkovs contract is ending and he and Laine are close friends. Same junior and finnish league team. So 1+1 if they get together we have an elite pair for offence. Just speculation but its huge opportunity.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Laine is a lazy “one trick pony show”

He’s actually not lazy.

He’s just not a 2way beast, and he’s the complete opposite to Dupois.

Even after wanting out he’s worked on his weaknessess, 2way game(had his best overall season last year), worked on his weaknessess like skating and goes after players after making bad hits on his linemates/teammates.
He’ll drop the gloves or goes for a big hit.

Last edited:

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
If we get Laine & Roslovic, I would try something like :

Foligno - Domi - Bjorky
Laine - Tex - Atkinson
Jenner - Grigorenko - Roslovic
Foudy - Nash / Koivu - Robinson

I think it is better to have 2 strong / skilled first lines, and it's well balanced overall
If we put Laine - Domi - Bjorky together there is not much skills left (except Tex, and Grigorenko at times)
Here you can still have Domi feeding Bjorkstrand, and Tex for Laine/Cam

Just saying, there are others options for sure !

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If we get Laine & Roslovic, I would try something like :

Foligno - Domi - Bjorky
Laine - Tex - Atkinson
Jenner - Grigorenko - Roslovic
Foudy - Nash / Koivu - Robinson

I think it is better to have 2 strong / skilled first lines, and it's well balanced overall
If we put Laine - Domi - Bjorky together there is not much skills left (except Tex, and Grigorenko at times)
Here you can still have Domi feeding Bjorkstrand, and Tex for Laine/Cam

Just saying, there are others options for sure !

Are you familiar with Laine's complaints in Winnipeg?

Any clue why he wanted a trade in the first place?

I'll give you a hint, he doesn't like being on a second line.

If this trade happens there's a good chance the drama around here is just getting started.

Reactions: Bookker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia