OT: When do you trade PLD (MOD WARNING to non-CBJ fans post 745)

When do you trade PLD

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That's great, we don't want him for Pierre-Luc Dubois

You didn't understand my post. I completely understand (and think it's fair) that the fanbase wouldn't want him but I don't think it's what managements run on. I just don't see how Montreal would still be in the running when it's been reported tonight Suzuki isn't on the table. At least from Montreal, it's KK or Danault.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
You didn't understand my post. I completely understand (and think it's fair) but the fanbase wouldn't want him but I don't think it's what managements run on. I just don't see how Montreal would still be in the running when it's been reported tonight Suzuki isn't on the table. At least from Montreal, it's KK or Danault.
They aren't in the running and none of those players are going to get it done unless it's Suzuki+. Most likely ANA and WPG with serious offers

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They aren't in the running and none of those players are going to get it done unless it's Suzuki+. Most likely ANA and WPG with serious offers

Lebrun just reported that it's down to Anaheim, Montreal and Winnipeg. I believe it's Freidman who wrote a piece a couple of hours ago reporting that Suzuki is not on the table but speculated it could change 'within 10 minutes'.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The fact Anaheim is still alive is interesting

I see nothing on their current roster which brings them Dubois

Could Jarmo for the first time actually consider a high end prospect in a big trade?

Would they move Zegras?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The fact Anaheim is still alive is interesting

I see nothing on their current roster which brings them Dubois

Could Jarmo for the first time actually consider a high end prospect in a big trade?

Would they move Zegras?
Steel+Zegras would fit the "guy for now, guy for the future" structure I'd been advancing as a possibility... :dunno:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
If Jarmo is any f***ing good at poker he has another team involved he's trying to get them

to add or upgrade to, letting everyone think the Jets are the front runners

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
does Laine play with Scheifle?

If so Columbus does not have anyone as good him

playing with a less skilled center and Laine's production automatically goes down before he gets here

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013

playing with a less skilled center and Laine's production automatically goes down before he gets here
Laine for a lot of his time has played with Little or Stastny, he played a fair amount with Scheifele last season but his game has matured a lot coming into this season and can drive the play on his own now.

If you saw the first Jets game of the season, he has really become a true goal scoring power forward who can play a physical game.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’m good with Laine I guess. I’m just not good with Rozlovic. The dude isn’t very good at all and is more of the same of what we have.

Let the child run home to daddy. It worked out for Mike Reilly.

Reactions: Gagnefan924

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I’m good with Laine I guess. I’m just not good with Rozlovic. The dude isn’t very good at all and is more of the same of what we have.

Let the child run home to daddy. It worked out for Mike Reilly.
Not too concerned about Ros, he'd probably be decent here but Laine is an elite goal scorer, something we dont have, that's who this deal is really for.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Usually the Jets top line is Connor/Scheifele/Wheeler

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Laine is a lazy “one trick pony show”

I've been saying that for years but I think that he's grown a lot. He can be a really good passer and he skates a lot harder than he used to. Still some consistency issues that will cause tensions with Torts.

Laine for a lot of his time has played with Little or Stastny, he played a fair amount with Scheifele last season but his game has matured a lot coming into this season and can drive the play on his own now.

If you saw the first Jets game of the season, he has really become a true goal scoring power forward who can play a physical game.

I know that Laine is good enough, he can do a lot on his own now. But is he going to come here and develop a bad attitude about some of the crappy passes he's going to get on this team? I was really disappointed when his agent put out that thing about how dissatisfied he was with his minutes with Scheifele, he played 2/3 of the year with him and that was so terribly low in his mind that he had his agent make a statement about it! He'll never play with a center like that in Columbus.

Usually the Jets top line is Connor/Scheifele/Wheeler

Not last year.

Last year it was

Connor Scheifele Laine
Ehlers Wheeler Roslovic

for the majority of the season.

And yet there are still Laine fans that didn't think he was given a chance to prove what he can do. And funny enough there are people complaining that Roslovic wasn't given a chance.

Do you people have any idea how ridiculously stacked that top six is? (not directed at you PG).

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagnefan924

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I've been saying that for years but I think that he's grown a lot. He can be a really good passer and he skates a lot harder than he used to. Still some consistency issues that will cause tensions with Torts.

I know that Laine is good enough, he can do a lot on his own now. But is he going to come here and develop a bad attitude about some of the crappy passes he's going to get on this team? I was really disappointed when his agent put out that thing about how dissatisfied he was with his minutes with Scheifele, he played 2/3 of the year with him and that was so terribly low in his mind that he had his agent making a statement about it! He'll never play with a center like that in Columbus.
Yea Laine potential attitude problems are concerning along with how he'll fit in with Torts. I'm praying somehow we steal Zegras instead as I think long term it'd be best but I'm almost certain Laine is coming back in a trade with WPG

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's another thing to watch out for. If Laine is coming to Columbus there are going to be a lot of Laine fans coming with them. And no they aren't all going to become Blue Jackets fans. There are Laine fans that dump on the Jets for not being good enough for him.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad