OT: When do you trade PLD (MOD WARNING to non-CBJ fans post 745)

When do you trade PLD

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
This morning I’m back to not liking any of the rumored deals. Laine is an amazing winger but our center depth would look so gross. We need a center in any deal and I don’t think Roslovic counts. The Anaheim deal just sounds like a bunch of magic beans. Montreal I don’t want to deal with on general principle. Any chance another team jumps in????

There's always a chance. But I don't see it happening. I still think it's going to be Winnipeg. Or at least I hope it is. It's the best deal out there

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If the Winnipeg deal comes through, you pretty much have to move Tex to 2C. Jackets go right back to the problem that's always plagued us - not enough quality down the spine.

Laine - Domi - Bjorkstrand
Foligno/Foudy - Texier - Grigorenko
Jenner - Roslovic - Atkinson
Foudy/Foligno - Koivu - Nash
Robinson to press box

When you also look at our farm system, this is a really crappy job of roster management by Jarmo.

Last edited:

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
If the Winnipeg deal comes through, you pretty much have to move Tex to 2C. Jackets go right back to the problem that's always plagued us - not enough quality down the spine.

Yep, we'd really need Domi to step up.

Just gut-wrenching that it has come to this. Torts is taking the brunt, but I get the sense that this is more than that. He's smart enough to know that Torts is unlikely to be here for the 4 years he still had left before UFA. This definitely sounds like a rift outside of hockey happened between PLD and a few players for some reason. It's been a tough year where friendships have been shattered due to issues related to COVID and politics. I have no information, but I don't believe this is just due to not wanting to play for Torts.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Montreal has no cap space. they have nothing on their roster that I want that makes up enough cap space for PLD to fit.

Given the situation I might consider Denault & Drouin with Jackets adding Nyqvist whom Montreal could put on LITR to help their cap. Jackets get a solid 2c & a .5ppg LW to shore up the weak side.:dunno:

Might even take KK and some of Montreal's boatload of picks instead of Denault.:dunno::dunno:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Set the price as Zegras or Suzuki.

If ANA and MTL don't want to bite at that then OK -- we wait.

I'm completely fine with waiting at this point. It may suck in the short term, but patience is a virtue right? ;)

WPG-- I'll accept the Laine deal if it happens, but Panarin taught me to never get excited again about someone who will have a chance to bolt in the near future.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Laine - Domi - Bjorkstrand
Foligno/Foudy - Texier - Grigorenko
Jenner - Roslovic - Atkinson
Foudy/Foligno - Koivu - Nash
Robinson to press box

When you also look at our farm system, this is a really crappy job of roster management by Jarmo.

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How is PLD used on the PP? His PP stats and shot attempts are really low. at 5v5 Laine and PLD are similar scorers, believe PLD has the edge. But Laine evidently is a superior PP weapon and is "featured" on the Jets PP.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Set the price as Zegras or Suzuki.

If ANA and MTL don't want to bite at that then OK -- we wait.

I'm completely fine with waiting at this point. It may suck in the short term, but patience is a virtue right? ;)

WPG-- I'll accept the Laine deal if it happens, but Panarin taught me to never get excited again about someone who will have a chance to bolt in the near future.

Between this and the PLD situation and that pretty much eliminates every player in the NHL who isn't on a long term contract. And those on long term contracts seem to hang around so long they wear out their welcome.

Reactions: We Want Ten

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
How is PLD used on the PP? His PP stats and shot attempts are really low. at 5v5 Laine and PLD are similar scorers, believe PLD has the edge. But Laine evidently is a superior PP weapon and is "featured" on the Jets PP.

That's a Columbus power play issue, not just a PLD issue really

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Between this and the PLD situation and that pretty much eliminates every player in the NHL who isn't on a long term contract. And those on long term contracts seem to hang around so long they wear out their welcome.
I didn't say it wasn't flawed thinking -- I guess I failed to convey I'm talking about star trades or free agent signings.

When we traded for Panarin the first thing I told a buddy was he's only signed for 2 more seasons, that could be trouble.

Of course I enjoyed his time here -- but I'd be lying if I said I'm not a bitter ex still regarding him choosing NYC over us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad