Whats up with Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
remember last season when he started slow and then went beast? id expect that again.

Reactions: dukeofjive

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
overall team play can do funny things with player's stats. Chemistry can make Kunitz top20 player and lack of it can put Ovy out of top100.

This.

Sure Laine's last 30 games have not been the best for him but the team has been winning. If the Jets were to put him with Wheeler and Scheifele on the top line he'd score a lot more...

Less goals = save a few million on his extension?

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Is there a way to check his shooting percentage with Statsny Schiefle Little ?
I think that would be telling ..if I was a shooter and had no confidence in my Pivots ability to get me passes in the wheelhouse I'd probually be rushing shots or not shooting from ideal spots.

I know there are heat maps but I have no idea where to look . I guarantee with Little they are not similar to the other two .

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Pretty sure he'll be fine, he'll score few then go on a tear eventually. Bad start by Jets is probably best thing that could happen for them, other than last year when it was mostly quiet, Jets fans have been begging for Chevy to fire Maurice, maybe this seals his fate.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
What would be a better line combination for Laine? Roslovic at centre?
History and statistics show that he has done well with everyone except Little. Last year Laine started scoring when he, Copp and Ehlers formed the third line.

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
He's streaky and on a cold streak. Over the course of the season, his numbers will even out.

A gap in production when comparing a player on a cold streak to a player on a hot streak shouldn't be a big source of joy/concern, either. Things are likely to even out.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
People keep ripping on little don’t understand that he’s a solid player.

Laine will obviously get out of this, he can have ten goals by this time next week lol

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018

Laine will obviously get out of this, he can have ten goals by this time next week lol

I hope I'm not coming across as hating on Little , that's not my intention I like his game there just isent enough playmaking ability in it.

Picture Ovechkin playing with Little that probually wouldn't be a good fit either. It's not a knock against him he just doesn't have the parts.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Laine will be fine, he’s actually skating better then he ever has after losing weight & focusing this summer on his first few steps.

The whole Little conversation is similar to the Hyman conversation......both are very different type of players then their line mates. Little is pure North/south guy, Laine & Ehlers are far more east/west. Looking forward to this home stand where PMO can play with the line combos more. Love to see Laine/Roslovic/Ehlers combo.....three similar playing styles

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lol!
Another thread started by a notorious Leafs homer to pump his own player.
Let’s wait longer than five games to start these agenda threads.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Laine started slow last year too. Maybe he's just one of those guys like Freddy Andersen. Talent is talent though. He'll be fine.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Who started the thread has no bearing on the content of it. Fact remains that Laine isn't performing up to the standard he should be, and it warrants discussion.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Leaf fans overreacting over 4-5 games is the most entertaining **** I've seen on this forum.

Laine is shooting 6,7% this season, Matthews 52,9%. That should tell you something. My prediction still stands. Laine will score 52 and Matthews 50.
Matthews scores 55 and Laine scores 35 IMO but you are right that those SH% will change.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Not so hot take: Neither will Matthews or Laine will continue producing the way they are throughout the season.

Matthews will regress and Laine will progress.

It's still silly season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad