Whats up with Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
He needs passes to success. Dumb and dumber cannot give puck to him. Jets are seldom on powerplay since they take too much stupid penalties themself. Also Laine has little ice time because, rightfully so, he will not get sh minutes. Oh, and Maurice is a tool and Patrik plays too much nintendo and bad minton

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I’d have to say you Finnish hockey fans are probably worse, especially when it comes to Laine lmao
There needs to be two sides to every argument, some Leaf fans are just as bad as some of the Finns. Both of them are equally bad. But have you seen a Finnish fan make a Matthews thread where the clear intention is to provoke? I can say that I' haven't. It's that the Finns are easily provoked.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
It really is a shame Leafs fans aren't allowed to talk about Laine. He's quite the talented player.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Not suprised it was asked by TML fan. There is also Matthews mention for good measure.

I think the point is the sly "hehehe matthews is better" at the end. Not that a Leaf fan is asking why isn't Laine scoring.

Really guys? We had to deal with Laine bs Matthews their entire rookie year and some of it last year, AND hear all the "I take Laine" AND hear they drafted the wrong guy, and NOW we aren't allowed to compare them?

First of all, really happy for Matthews, he is a beast. Just keep in mind that if you want to compare comparable seasons, you take Matthews' last season and compare to Laine this season.

Secondly, Laine is playing low minutes on a completely ridiculous line. The whole team is a mess.

HAHA What? They went 1st and 2nd OA in the same f***ing draft
First of all, really happy for Matthews, he is a beast. Just keep in mind that if you want to compare comparable seasons, you take Matthews' last season and compare to Laine this season.

Secondly, Laine is playing low minutes on a completely ridiculous line. The whole team is a mess.

Reactions: thunder16

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Laine will be fine. He really does need a better suited Center though. A high offence kind of player. That being said Laine was a 2nd overall player, he absolutely should and I think will be able to drive his own line.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Really guys? We had to deal with Laine bs Matthews their entire rookie year and some of it last year, AND hear all the "I take Laine" AND hear they drafted the wrong guy, and NOW we aren't allowed to compare them?

HAHA What? They went 1st and 2nd OA in the same ****ing draft
I mean, it's been widely accepted that Matthews is the superior player for the last 2 years.

This just seems like a thread for Leafs fans to jerk off in.

But f***, is Matthews good or what.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I mean, it's been widely accepted that Matthews is the superior player for the last 2 years.

But ****, is Matthews good or what.

Maybe at the end of last year but not for the last two years. For sure the year and a half it was still a thing. And it is a valid question. Had Matthews had 1 in 4 and Laine had a shit ton already you don't think this would be a thread started by a non Leaf fan?

It's part of this board.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

But ****, is Matthews good or what.

you're both right. it's not a good look for Leaf fans to rub it in, but it's also a fair point that we were told many many times we drafted the wrong guy and that Laine was better.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
you're both right. it's not a good look for Leaf fans to rub it in, but it's also a fair point that we were told many many times we drafted the wrong guy and that Laine was better.
Yeah, the rookie year there was an argument for Laine. I always maintained Matthews > Laine but people were definitely going overboard with saying you guys picked the wrong player.

I do agree that if the names were reversed someone likely would have made a thread about it, but this thread just seems like an overreaction to two very opposite starts. Even before this season it has been clear Matthews > Laine in every aspect of the game except maybe goalscoring, and even there you can make a good argument for Matthews.

It just seems like an unnecessary thread for Leaf fans to continue jerking off Matthews like they have all over this board since the start of the season, which I get because he has been unbelievable, but it just makes you guys look bad.

Laine will be fine, he'll score 45+ this year, and he'll still be worse than Matthews.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ups and downs of a regular season. Some people have them at the start, some in the middle, some in the end.

He’s still going to put up 40+ goals.

Reactions: dukeofjive

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
young players on a high impact level have to deal with significant changes to how the opposition treats them. They have to deal with their own success. They can ease up because they have made it. They can load more pressure on themselves to perform. Every player responds differently to these and other inputs. Demands on their time and so forth. Some are never effected. Some are hurt by it and never recover. Flash in the pan. Most are in between all that. Let some time pass.

Reactions: FinnishSniper

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Yeah, the rookie year there was an argument for Laine. I always maintained Matthews > Laine but people were definitely going overboard with saying you guys picked the wrong player.

I do agree that if the names were reversed someone likely would have made a thread about it, but this thread just seems like an overreaction to two very opposite starts. Even before this season it has been clear Matthews > Laine in every aspect of the game except maybe goalscoring, and even there you can make a good argument for Matthews.

It just seems like an unnecessary thread for Leaf fans to continue jerking off Matthews like they have all over this board since the start of the season, which I get because he has been unbelievable, but it just makes you guys look bad.

Laine will be fine, he'll score 45+ this year, and he'll still be worse than Matthews.

I do agree. Matthews is going to get enough hand relief from media, he doesn't need extra threads.

back on topic, I think Stastny was a big loss for the Jets. would've been sweet to keep him.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Hard to produce when refs drilling the Jets with 8 straight penalties by the end of period 2, and Laine is not a PKer rofl.

But yeah, Laine, Ehlers and Little have no mojo with each other.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
The fact that this thread was made by a Leafs fan is irrelevant.

Facts are facts that Laine is not doing so well lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->