What's the minimum return for which you'd trade Komarov at the deadline?

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
You absolutely take a 1st rounder. There is no need to be emotionally attached to a role player. We manage to find bargain bin players who contribute every year.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
You're not getting a 1st overall pick for Komarov though.. any top 10 pick you 100% trade him, but is that realistic? No..

The exercise is to establish his value in the eyes of Leafs fans, not his market value.

So you wouldn't leave a top-10 on the table, so you'd need a top-15? What about a 15-30, would you accept it?

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
1st round pick minimum.

Dont see a reason to trade him really, if we get something of value, ie a 1st round pick then i would think about trading him.

How things change though, at the beginning of the year people would line up to trade kamarov for a 2nd

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
1st round pick minimum.

Dont see a reason to trade him really, if we get something of value, ie a 1st round pick then i would think about trading him.

How things change though, at the beginning of the year people would line up to trade kamarov for a 2nd

Which is why we should sell high if the offers are there because it is more likely he ends up having a career year than having a career changing year.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Komarov is shooting at twice his normal shooting % in the NHL this season. It will decline over time to probably closer to his average. He is shooting the puck more though so you should expect him to score more just at a lower clip.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
This deeply flawed poll doesn't include the logical option of "No trade".
/close thread.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
It would have to be a 1st rounder for me. He's certainly not worth that but I love his compete level.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I'd want a first round pick for him. I think he could get it too. I suppose I'd be okay with trading him for a 2nd + good prospect though, depending on the prospect.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
If we knew at the TDL that the 1st would be 14 overall, I would not want to pull the trigger. What Kamorov brings to this team would be hard to replace, and it would send a wrong message to the rest of the team(and potential FAs) if he were to be traded. Players want to win, and play for management that wont give up on the team.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Not me, it would have to be at least a 1st for me and it's not because of his unsustainable production this year. It's because of the way he plays the game, his work ethic, he's the perfect guy to have around to teach the young guys. If Phaneuf ever leaves I would make him captain.

I loved Leo before the season and wouldn't have traded him then, everyone else is catching up because of his production. I'm glad they've given him a chance offensively(pretty much by default), I wanted him on the top 2 lines to start the year to see what he could do.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Ideal situation would be trading Komarov as part of a package for a better asset. Something like Kadri + Komarov for Johansen + Boll.

Oedi

Dec 18, 2005
Richmond Hill, ON
You know how GM's draft really high for people who play Komarov's game? Like heavy hitter, scores, chips in, team leader and intangibles? and now he can ****ing score at a first line rate? Yea they draft Lawson Crouse with the 9th pick. If I traded Komarov, I would be looking for another Komarov so what is the point of trading him unless I am getting a top flight prospect like Lawson Crouse or an equivalent. If we draft lower, chances are we will get someone like Biggs when we try to draft another Leo Komarov.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He'd get a 1st round pick, he's already got 14 goals, he's a hitting machine, team player who would fit on any contending team. He's also a very underrated play maker, that pass tonight to Lupul was a thing of beauty

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Nothing. This type of player is never to be traded. Ever. He does it all and like I wrote down before the season even began: Leo Komarov is a first line NHL player. Just like he was in the KHL. Now Leo komarov is scoring more than phil kessel while komarov is hitting the most, playing the best defense out of forwards and leading the team in so many other ways. Komarov is a franchise keeper or we would fail miserably. We would be hunting a player just like komarov as soon we trade him away. And there are none like him. He scores the most, hits the most and plays thad D-game. Wow. We will keep him for life.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Nothing. This type of player is never to be traded. Ever. He does it all and like I wrote down before the season even began: Leo Komarov is a first line NHL player. Just like he was in the KHL. Now Leo komarov is scoring more than phil kessel while komarov is hitting the most, playing the best defense out of forwards and leading the team in so many other ways. Komarov is a franchise keeper or we would fail miserably. We would be hunting a player just like komarov as soon we trade him away. And there are none like him. He scores the most, hits the most and plays thad D-game. Wow. We will keep him for life.

no he's not a 1st line player. The talent pool on this team sucks right now so he's able to get a lot of playing time, I think it's insane to even mention Komarov as a 1st line player. He may be a 2nd-3rd line player on a good team but in no way shape or form is he a 1st line player.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

giphy.gif

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
1. I don't believe he's worth a top 15 pick.
2. A top 15 pick is the minimum I would trade him for.

OvenMittz*

Keep him till TDL, hope he continues to tear it up.. Then trade him for high return..

Teams will be drooling over him. Good contract, hard hitter, scoring goals.. And on a team who's going to be a seller.

You absolutely trade high !! He's going to get a great return!!

If its not a good return we keep him, its a win win situation and we shouldn't be desperate to trade him, let another team over bid. Leafs are in the driver seat.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Someone is going to reach and this guy is just playing over the moon this year, reach GM's, reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,027.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $900.00