What's the minimum return for which you'd trade Komarov at the deadline?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
For example, if you choose a late first, it means if there was a high second on the table for him you would walk away. The poll only has picks, but it could also be for comparable value prospect.

What do you think?

EDIT: Don't worry what you think someone would trade for him, it's what you'd give him up for.

EDIT2: I forgot an option for "No amount is enough", but would anyone not trade him for a top 5? Post in the comments if that's the case.

Last edited:

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I wouldn't trade him unless the trade is something absurd (i.e top 15 pick).

He's only 28 and is such a great influence in the dressing room. You want players like him during the rebuild.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
I'd want a first for the Korporal. But id still be hesitant to pull the trigger. His value is the highest it's ever been or possibly will be, but he seems like the perfect mentor for the new Leafs coming through the system. A fan favorite and rightfully so. Like most people will say, we'd need an overpayment.

champs*

whats amusing is those guys that picked top 5 actually believe he is worth that :laugh::laugh::laugh:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Its important we dont fall in love with non-essential pieces during a rebuild. Sell high or dont sell at all if we dont have to.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
No Trade. Period.
/close thread.

What if I told you that we could trade for Komarov for 1st overall, and he doesn't even miss a Leafs game? Listen closely.

1. Leafs trade Komarov for 1st overall
2. The next day, the GM who traded away their 1st for Komarov gets fired
3. The Leafs trade back for Komarov with their 2nd (maybe throw in a 3rd to ease the blow) on that very day

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
I wouldn't trade him. You need a good character guy in the dress room, someone for the kids to learn from - an all around likable good guy, he is exactly that..

Any first round pick would be nice but idk.. hard to come across guys like Uncle Leo

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There is no 2nd and 3rd option so i couldn't vote. Thats not saying i need to or want to move him. Leo is a homegrown and thats a cool thing for me to finally see him successful.

He's a keeper actually.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
There is no 2nd and 3rd option so i couldn't vote. Thats not saying i need to or want to move him. Leo is a homegrown and thats a cool thing for me to finally see him successful.

He's a keeper actually.

It's not possible to approximate to late first or early second as minimum value? That's some precise assessment there, sir or madam.

It's not a matter of need or want to move him, the questions is always for what?

There is a late first on the table. Do you take it?

What about top 15 then?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I wouldn't trade him. You need a good character guy in the dress room, someone for the kids to learn from - an all around likable good guy, he is exactly that..

Any first round pick would be nice but idk.. hard to come across guys like Uncle Leo

I dunno, it feels harder to come across guys like Auston Matthews.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It's not possible to approximate to late first or early second as minimum value? That's some precise assessment there, sir or madam.

It's not a matter of need or want to move him, the questions is always for what?

There is a late first on the table. Do you take it?

What about top 15 then?

No because i like him and you still have nothing to replace his game. I'm extremely bias because i like him. Now if i wanted to move him i would do that if there was a player there i wanted ha.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
can't trade a player who's playing well because they're too valuable

can't trade a struggling player because you're selling low

Love Leo and hate saying this because he's the type of player this teams needs but if the right offer comes you move him since his value isn't going to get any higher .

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Myself and a friend have made so many great predictions re: the Leafs and what they should have done. But you know what? Now, we can actually RELAX and watch the games and not worry about this stuff any more.

Why? Cause we literally have a hall of fame upper crust cast making the decisions now. It really is relaxing. A lot.

Sure mistakes will be made, but I don't hear anyone making any major whining noises about the moves on the last draft day.

Komarov is really really something, but the inner trust knows more than any of us now and that is great. Now the board can just concentrate on the smaller picture, like the game tonight.

Its soooo relaxing. It really is. Heck I might start smoking the green again before a Leaf game and let things just play out.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Voted top 15, which nobody would offer. Would take a 1st+prospect too assuming it's not a complete throw away prospect.

He's the type of player you keep so it'd have to be an overpay for what the other team thinks he's worth.

CDP

Nov 30, 2014
He has been great, and IMO his leadership/locker room presence separates him from rental/flip-at-TDL guys like Matthias and Parenteau

That said, he probably can't sustain this kind of production long-term, and this is literally the perfect time to sell high. If a 1st is on the table I would take it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad