What's going on with Boston?

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
1) Chiarelli sucks at drafting
2) When the Bruins get a decent pick, Clode refuses to play them
3) Clode is the most stubborn "coach" in the league and refuses to try different line combos
4) Chiarelli gives out NMCs and 3+ mil to 3rd liners more than anyone
5) 2011 seems to be just yesterday in the mind of management, players never age in their eyes

* Coach is in quotations because anybody that plays a certain system and lines 100% of the time, no matter the situation in game or team they are up against does not deserve to be called a coach. They can save money every year by just not having a coach and programming their players to do the same thing every game. Up 1 with a minute left? 4th line time! Down 1 with a minute left and the goalie pulled? Well, there's a minute left, that's 4th line time too!

Clode just ****ing sucks. He's too god damn stupid to realizes other teams have adapted to his system. He's just sitting there like a moron trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole and giving a stupid ass face whenever it doesn't work (most of the time).

Seguin trade looks bad, but im sure it wouldn't look nearly as bad if Clode would entertain the thought of putting Loui with Lucic and Krejci rather than putting some scrub rookie with them. Lucic Krejci Loui was a line for ONE game last year because Iginla hurt his finger the night before and was out. How did that game turn out? Loui had 4 assists. Haven't seen that line since.

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
I stated either before the season began or right after it started that their window for another Cup is officially closed. Pay attention.

That said, once they're healthy they should make a run and get into the playoffs. They won't win anything though. They're a solid team, just not contenders.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
They got a break tonight vs the Sabres. The regulation loss was very close and it would have been pretty drastic for the Bruins considering the current standings. That said, don´t count them out until they´re out...

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Right now were just not very good its that simple. The effort has been there so it's not that. Doesn't mean they won't pick it up but right now this is an average team at best.

Having said that I bet you any team would not want to see these guys 1st round if they sneak in.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I think age is catching up to them(or Chara, doesn't help he got injured for a long period) plus cap issues.

I am guessing they still good enough to get one of those 2 wildcards, but we will see

Godlike13

Dec 20, 2011
I know its been said, but whatever. It was that stupid it bears repeating over and over. This is why u don't trade away young superstars.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I know its been said, but whatever. It was that stupid it bears repeating over and over. This is why u don't trade away young superstars.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the Bruins had a good 1-2 year window winning the Stanley cup when they traded Seguin(then traded Krejci(who has roughly the same salary) instead), if they traded him I am guessing they would have lessened there chances of winning.

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Krejci/Chara injured almost all the season once they are healthy fully this team will make the playoffs for sure.

Rebuilding year like the Hawks years ago, not this year maybe the next 2, Hamilton is coming along nicely, Bruins will be fine, maybe not elite but fine..

Godlike13

Dec 20, 2011
Hindsight is 20/20 but the Bruins had a good 1-2 year window winning the Stanley cup when they traded Seguin(then traded Krejci(who has roughly the same salary) instead), if they traded him I am guessing they would have lessened there chances of winning.

Hindsight? People were saying it same as then as they are now for this reason.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
theyre saving it up for the playoffs

I personally dont like this at all one bit

My theory is Chara wasnt even really injured and has been rested and been getting ready for the first round

:shakehead

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Funny Neely didn't get going until his fourth year, I have no idea how they could sit around and trade seguin to free up money for Iggy or someone to replace horton.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
It's amazing those scouts still have jobs after being so wrong.

If I was the Bruins owner, I would fire everyone that speaks in that video, possibly even those that don't speak but appear on camera. I might also fire the camera crew for not trying to stop the madness.

I would not speak during the exit interview, just play this clip on a constant feedback and just keep staring at them while drinking scotch.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If I was the Bruins owner, I would fire everyone that speaks in that video, possibly even those that don't speak but appear on camera. I might also fire the camera crew for not trying to stop the madness.

I would not speak during the exit interview, just play this clip on a constant feedback and just keep staring at them while drinking scotch.

This made me laugh. If we all followed your advice each time our team's collective brain slipped on a banana peel, this board would be a mellower, happier place.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The biggest reason: Injuries and under-performing "core" players.

The big if: if Chara can get back to full speed

Also: An earlier thread on it got sidetracked and closed down- but their lack of PP opportunities, which statistically speaking is amazingly dramatic, are handcuffing them offensively.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
It's amazing those scouts still have jobs after being so wrong.

What was they so wrong about? The all said Seguin will most likely become a star player (something he more or less is today) but they also said they did not think they could ever win with a guy like him taking up a lot of ice time and cap hit. Time will tell of they where right or wrong.

It is not as if they did not know what they had in Seguin when they had him. They just didnt like it.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This 5 min video will explain why.

Never saw this before.

Wow. Just wow.

What was they so wrong about? The all said Seguin will most likely become a star player (something he more or less is today) but they also said they did not think they could ever win with a guy like him taking up a lot of ice time and cap hit. Time will tell of they where right or wrong.

It is not as if they did not know what they had in Seguin when they had him. They just didnt like it.

"He just doesn't fit the culture"

"Not tough enough"

They're already clearly wrong. Like, objectively wrong, it's not even a matter of opinion.

Seguin has a real chance to win the Art Ross this year. And the Bruins are out of the playoffs.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Never saw this before.

Wow. Just wow.

"He just doesn't fit the culture"

"Not tough enough"

They're already clearly wrong. Like, objectively wrong, it's not even a matter of opinion.

Seguin has a real chance to win the Art Ross this year. And the Bruins are out of the playoffs.

To be fair, Dallas isn't in the playoffs either.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
To be fair, Dallas isn't in the playoffs either.

Well yes. But Seguin is what the Bruins need to a "t" right now. High end scoring. And this is in the context of the video.

That was more an attack on the comments that Seguin doesn't fit their culture, and the other miscellaneous horse ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad