What's at Stake for Brady in SB 55?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
If Brady wins he’s likely anointed GOAT, rightly or wrongly. If he loses it’ll be interesting to see if Mahoney legit challenges for best of all time- he looks amazing and is so young, but keeping a good roster/system for so long is gonna be tough.

Personally I feel there’s too much nuance to the position and football to really determine who’s the best, but that’s me- I’ll always maintain that Rodgers coulda been Brady given that coach and situation, but who knows. As far as measurable success/legacy, however, Brady could make it damned near impossible to match if he wins this one.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He's played in 45 out of 48 games. The injury last year was a freak thing.

Lamar Jackson is the type of QB who's playing style will wear out quickly.
Hes young though and I would expect that. Its when you get into your 30s when recovering from injuries and games becomes a lot harder

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If Brady wins he’s likely anointed GOAT, rightly or wrongly. If he loses it’ll be interesting to see if Mahoney legit challenges for best of all time- he looks amazing and is so young, but keeping a good roster/system for so long is gonna be tough.

Personally I feel there’s too much nuance to the position and football to really determine who’s the best, but that’s me- I’ll always maintain that Rodgers coulda been Brady given that coach and situation, but who knows. As far as measurable success/legacy, however, Brady could make it damned near impossible to match if he wins this one.
There is zero chance Rodgers would have taken the pay cuts and hard coaching Brady took his entire career that helped him get 6 rings

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Both of these QB's will go down as Goats. First ballot HOFers. 40 years from now both will be mentioned as all time greats. They are in a class by themselves.

I've come to the realization that the outcome tonight won't impact the legacy of either. Just because a player wins a SB against another's team, doesn't mean one is better or greater.

This isn't Mahomes vs Brady. It's KC vs TB. It's Mahomes having to worry about Suh. And Brady having to worry about Jones.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Sure, a win adds to his legacy. Takes down three HOF QB's. 7 SB wins>6. And he wins without Belichick.

But what about if he loses in his own stadium? 4 SB losses ties a record. That would be three losses to Mahomes in a 14 month span.

Some will say he's playing with house money. That nothing he does will hurt him.

What say you?

Note: This will be the first time a Brady led squad is underdogs by 3 points or more since SB 36. Crazy.
Brady just put his legacy in concrete.

I don't think Mahomes can ever be called the GOAT after this loss.

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
RIP Mahomes' legacy. Zero touchdowns tonight. He was hurt and hit a lot, so it's very questionable whether he even gets a chance at Brady's record. Sorry guys.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
RIP Mahomes' legacy. Zero touchdowns tonight. He was hurt and hit a lot, so it's very questionable whether he even gets a chance at Brady's record. Sorry guys.
Mahomes at the peak of his powers got outplayed badly by 43 year old Brady who isn't as good as he was 5-10 years ago.

I don't think Mahomes can ever overtake him at this point.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don't mind people calling him the Goat of the NFL as that's an easy argument but saying he's the best athlete of all time in sports is stupid imo the game is more than just championships guys like Gretzky dwarfed the competition on another level compared to Brady when it came to individual play.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
At least Mahomes’ fiancé and Kelce’s girl can’t be mad at espn calling him the baby goat any more, he needs 7 more rings to even be considered. He’s also now 0-2 against the real GOAT in the playoffs!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Brady’s legacy is that he has how basically ruined the way we view other great QB’s.

basically every QB is now gonna be viewed by the 7 ring barrier and all qb’s old and young are gonna be compared to this guy and how they have success

Mahomes has a bright future, Rodgers and Wilson are still great, Josh Allen and Baker and Lamar and Herbert and Kyler are coming.....

And yet here’s Brady still hoarding all the titles.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Mahomes doesn't need 7 or even 5 or 6 rings to be one of the greatest. He won't achieve what Brady did but it's not a big deal. The kid is legit gamer, so is Brees, Rodgers and Payton. That's matter. It's team sport, very good league witg a lot of great players.

Reactions: Voight

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Brady’s legacy is that he has how basically ruined the way we view other great QB’s.

basically every QB is now gonna be viewed by the 7 ring barrier and all qb’s old and young are gonna be compared to this guy and how they have success

Mahomes has a bright future, Rodgers and Wilson are still great, Josh Allen and Baker and Lamar and Herbert and Kyler are coming.....

How dare he?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

The stupidity of the opponents in recent SBs against Brady is amazing. Falcons choking. KC just giving him points with offsides and calling timeouts.

Brady is that bitch kid in HS who sucks up to the teachers and gets all the awards.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Slow morning at work so, for fun, I took a look at Brady's basic per 16-game stats:

- Regular season: 76,4% wins, 4210 yards, 31 TDs, 10 INTs
- Playoffs: 75,5% wins, 4426 yards, 30 TDs, 14 INTs
- Super Bowl: 70% wins, 4862 yards, 34 TDs, 10 INTs

So, basically, at 43, Brady destroyed his career averages. Of course, that's a little bit misleading considering the rules were different in his first 4-5 years, but still! The consistency is remarkable. I think that's an underrated part of his legacy. So good and so steady for so long. His Super Bowl averages are BETTER than his regular season stats... and they say he benefitted from the AFC East :laugh:

Against the best competition their is in the biggest game there is, Tom Brady is playing at a VERY VERY high level and wins 70% of the time. Crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad