What's at Stake for Brady in SB 55?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Because it would be etched in stone forever. He will be the Goat with a..but. But being he lost to the best QB in the SB. Questions will arise. Why wasn't he up to the challenge? Mahomes>Brady debates begin.

Win or lose, he is the GOAT until someone surpasses his accomplishments. Mahomes is on track especially if he wins, sure.

But your argument makes no sense. To be honest, I do not buy the whole "Mahomes needs to win THIS ONE if he ever wants to be considered the GOAT". I think it is a load of BS too. Will help if he does, but the story he is writing won't be and shouldn't be limited to ONE GAME! I mean Brady beat Mahomes in the playoffs already. At best it would be 1-1 unless they meet again in a SB. Brady is 2-3 against P. Manning in the playoffs and nobody serious ranks Manning above Brady career-wise. Hell, Eli f***ing Manning is 2-0 against Brady.

The entirety of their careers is what counts, not random games, how important they are. Individual games will shape narratives, sure, but at the end of the day, it is the entire body of work that matters.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Sure, a win adds to his legacy. Takes down three HOF QB's. 7 SB wins>6. And he wins without Belichick.

But what about if he loses in his own stadium? 4 SB losses ties a record. That would be three losses to Mahomes in a 14 month span.

Some will say he's playing with house money. That nothing he does will hurt him.

What say you?

Note: This will be the first time a Brady led squad is underdogs by 3 points or more since SB 36. Crazy.

Winning just adds to his legacy.
Losing does nothing to it. This is one of those cases where you have to be really good to lose (4 Superbowls.)

Do you realize there's a trophy named for the MLB pitcher with the most loses in history?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Win or lose, he is the GOAT until someone surpasses his accomplishments. Mahomes is on track especially if he wins, sure.

But your argument makes no sense. To be honest, I do not buy the whole "Mahomes needs to win THIS ONE if he ever wants to be considered the GOAT". I think it is a load of BS too. Will help if he does, but the story he is writing won't be and shouldn't be limited to ONE GAME! I mean Brady beat Mahomes in the playoffs already. At best it would be 1-1 unless they meet again in a SB. Brady is 2-3 against P. Manning in the playoffs and nobody serious ranks Manning above Brady career-wise. Hell, Eli f***ing Manning is 2-0 against Brady.

The entirety of their careers is what counts, not random games, how important they are. Individual games will shape narratives, sure, but at the end of the day, it is the entire body of work that matters.

I didn't insinuate Mahomes needed to win to be considered a GOAT. He's 26 as of the 2021 season. He will likely win at least 3 more SB's.

There can be more than one GOAT.

In Basketball, MJ & LBJ are interchangeable.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Winning just adds to his legacy.
Losing does nothing to it. This is one of those cases where you have to be really good to lose (4 Superbowls.)

Do you realize there's a trophy named for the MLB pitcher with the most loses in history?

I always go back and forth on Brady and SB's. On the one hand, he was unlucky that a miracle catch happened. And his coach benched their second best defensive player. On the other, he was lucky that Seattle threw a pick on the one yard line. And Atlanta lost their minds up 28-3.

He easily could've lost his first 8 SB's. He easily could've won his first 8 SB's too.

Thing is, Montana beat the teams he should've beaten in the SB. Bengals, Fins, and Denver. There was no chance of a miracle play derailing their season.

Why didn't Brady take care of business in SB 42? Honestly, it never should've came down to a miracle catch. Best team ever on offe se mustered two TD's against an inferior opponent.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I didn't insinuate Mahomes needed to win to be considered a GOAT. He's 26 as of the 2021 season. He will likely win at least 3 more SB's.

3 more SBs? I doubt that. I dont think his playing style will dictate a long enough career

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

G.O.A.T. is not plural. There is only one.

Reactions: Voight

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He wants revenge on Spags denying him perfection. He's got salt overload going through his mind.

I hope Brady gets pancaked in that Florida weather. He can start sun-tanning himself after the Chiefs victory celebration.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I think that Brady taking the Bucs to the Super Bowl in his first season with them only adds to his legacy. Going into the season, who seriously thought Tampa would make the Super Bowl this year?

This. To me, Brady is playing with house money. No pressure at all.

Reactions: tacogeoff

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
The media is a huge issue come SB time. I wish they would abolish stupid media day (Not so much this year obviously). And limit the number of people allowed on the field after the game.

Their presence isn't needed. Nor is it productive.
Limit the number of people allowed on the field is a good thing.

And they should also not allow the media onto the field for at least a few minutes after the game.

The teams should be able to go to the centre of the field and shake hands with their opponents without being swarmed by the media.

Whoever wins and whoever loses, Brady and Mahomes should be able share a handshake after the game without the media being all over them.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Because it would be etched in stone forever. He will be the Goat with a..but. But being he lost to the best QB in the SB. Questions will arise. Why wasn't he up to the challenge? Mahomes>Brady debates begin.

ya this is a silly take on things. Brady is the GOAT win or lose. No one can question his legacy unless you really really really just hate the man and have a vendetta against him.....but then you just look silly.

Mahomes is better than Brady at this stage of their careers. Mahomes is an elite QB and will be a HoFer at some point but he is going to have to fill a minimum of one hand full of rings to sniff Brady's legacy.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland

Sigh. What about other way around? Patrick Mahomes loses to a 43-year old Tom Brady with two HHOFers to throw to while being coached by one of the greatest offensive coaches ever and playing against a team that ranked 21st in passing defense. System QB? He could go win seven more Super Bowls and still everyone would remember it? This is just dumb both ways.

Reactions: Hoek

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
ya this is a silly take on things. Brady is the GOAT win or lose. No one can question his legacy unless you really really really just hate the man and have a vendetta against him.....but then you just look silly.

Mahomes is better than Brady at this stage of their careers. Mahomes is an elite QB and will be a HoFer at some point but he is going to have to fill a minimum of one hand full of rings to sniff Brady's legacy.
As someone with a strong healthy dislike for Brady nothing can diminish his legacy.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
No offense but you Chiefs fans come across as 12 year olds cheering for your first good team ever. So desperate to elevate your guys to all time status and denigrate others lol.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
One big thing RE Mahomes will be to see how well he plays in his 30s. Brady was better post 30 and has yet to seriously decline. Mahomes got off to a really strong start, basically winning all trophies available to him within his first 2 full seasons, we'll see how does in the next 10-15 years.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Brady has nothing to lose. He already made his goal to make it to a super bowl with another team. If Mahomes loses he doesn't take a huge hit but it hurts his chances down the line to be considered better than Brady if he gets close to the amount of super bowls Bradys been to and won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad