What's at Stake for Brady in SB 55?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Brady’s legacy is that he has how basically ruined the way we view other great QB’s.

basically every QB is now gonna be viewed by the 7 ring barrier and all qb’s old and young are gonna be compared to this guy and how they have success

Mahomes has a bright future, Rodgers and Wilson are still great, Josh Allen and Baker and Lamar and Herbert and Kyler are coming.....

And yet here’s Brady still hoarding all the titles.

Watson too........

Mahomes ceiling went from GOAT to maybe he'll end up better than Russell Wilson if he's lucky.

Friend of mine had a good point. There was all this talk of a Chiefs dynasty.... well we had the same talk when Wilson took Seattle to b2b games and he hasn't been back since. Now Mahomes is a better player, but time will tell.

Reactions: Hoek

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Slow morning at work so, for fun, I took a look at Brady's basic per 16-game stats:

- Regular season: 76,4% wins, 4210 yards, 31 TDs, 10 INTs
- Playoffs: 75,5% wins, 4426 yards, 30 TDs, 14 INTs
- Super Bowl: 70% wins, 4862 yards, 34 TDs, 10 INTs

So, basically, at 43, Brady destroyed his career averages. Of course, that's a little bit misleading considering the rules were different in his first 4-5 years, but still! The consistency is remarkable. I think that's an underrated part of his legacy. So good and so steady for so long. His Super Bowl averages are BETTER than his regular season stats... and they say he benefitted from the AFC East :laugh:

Against the best competition their is in the biggest game there is, Tom Brady is playing at a VERY VERY high level and wins 70% of the time. Crazy.
Well he went to Tampa after they got basically all the weapons any QB could ask for and left the Patriots when their weapons were garbage other than Edelman and he got hurt this year on top of that he put up pedestrian numbers last year and was one of the reasons they lost against the Titans in last years playoffs and a good portion of their team didn't play this year due to sitting out for Covid before the season even started. He got out of there because he knew the Patriots had no future left for him.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well he went to Tampa after they got basically all the weapons any QB could ask for and left the Patriots when their weapons were garbage other than Edelman and he got hurt this year on top of that he put up pedestrian numbers last year and was one of the reasons they lost against the Titans in last years playoffs and a good portion of their team didn't play this year due to sitting out for Covid before the season even started. He got out of there because he knew the Patriots had no future left for him.

What does all of that has to do with what I said?

As a Patriots fan, I am well aware he was not great last year... but he was basically on an island with Edelman and a bunch a journeymen and STILL got to the playoffs.

He was bad against the Titans, that's for sure.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

They only added Gronk, Brown and Fournette because of Brady. Its the effect he has on teams - players will sign there for cheap / want to be there because no other player puts their team in as good of a position to at least make it to the Super Bowl. Jameis had Brate, Jones, Evans and Godwin last season but did not exactly light it up.

Incorrect to say he went to Tampa after they got all the weapons.... all 3 guys who scored yesterday went there because of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: darko

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The stupidity of the opponents in recent SBs against Brady is amazing. Falcons choking. KC just giving him points with offsides and calling timeouts.

Brady is that bitch kid in HS who sucks up to the teachers and gets all the awards.

Or Brady is that nerd in high school that everyone makes fun of and 20 years later is the multi billionaire high tech mogul.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Brady’s legacy is that he has how basically ruined the way we view other great QB’s.

basically every QB is now gonna be viewed by the 7 ring barrier and all qb’s old and young are gonna be compared to this guy and how they have success

Mahomes has a bright future, Rodgers and Wilson are still great, Josh Allen and Baker and Lamar and Herbert and Kyler are coming.....

Well GOAT is not plural. Brady changing his name to Neo.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Mahomes forgot about Barrett and Vea and JPP and White........
And did Chris Jones suit up yesterday? Not a lot to show for a $15 million player.

What QB would've won last night in the same circumstances as Mahomes? There's literally nothing else he could've done to help his team. Kelce & Hill dropping passes. Bums like Hardman giving TB a 1st down on a FG attempt. Referees etc.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
They only added Gronk, Brown and Fournette because of Brady. Its the effect he has on teams - players will sign there for cheap / want to be there because no other player puts their team in as good of a position to at least make it to the Super Bowl. Jameis had Brate, Jones, Evans and Godwin last season but did not exactly light it up.

Incorrect to say he went to Tampa after they got all the weapons.... all 3 guys who scored yesterday went there because of him.

Jameis last year led the league in passing yards and was #2 in TD. Tampa was 3rd in points scored in 2019.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

Do you think Brady has held the NFL hostage?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
What QB would've won last night in the same circumstances as Mahomes? There's literally nothing else he could've done to help his team. Kelce & Hill dropping passes. Bums like Hardman giving TB a 1st down on a FG attempt. Referees etc.
He could have not thrown at dudes feet a million times.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Jameis last year led the league in passing yards and was #2 in TD. Tampa was 3rd in points scored in 2019.
But to get those numbers Winston also had 30 picks with 7 pick sixes. As well as 12 fumbles and was sacked 47 times. Because of those pick 6s and turnovers Tampa gave up 94 more points than this year with virtually the same defense.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
I think Mahomes is the best QB of all time. Obviously to be greatest he needs to win a few more SB's.

Note: A QB can be top five and ahead of someone else who was more talented. And better.

I can't get over this comment. Bro, hopefully you've taken off the fan goggles by now. Mahomes is the more talented QB, but he's nowhere close to being the "best of all time" or the "greatest of all time".

For all we know, this SB ruins Mahomes like SB 50 ruined Cam. For all we know, Mahomes is on the Russell Wilson path. No guarantees in the NFL these days. Kinda why the Mahomes hype got a little (annoying and) carried away over the last couple seasons.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I can't get over this comment. Bro, hopefully you've taken off the fan goggles by now. Mahomes is the more talented QB, but he's nowhere close to being the "best of all time" or the "greatest of all time".

For all we know, this SB ruins Mahomes like SB 50 ruined Cam. For all we know, Mahomes is on the Russell Wilson path. No guarantees in the NFL these days. Kinda why the Mahomes hype got a little (annoying and) carried away over the last couple seasons.

I mean.... Cam was never going to keep up the pace he was on. That 2015 year was great, but teams figured out how to stop him after that, and he mostly beat up on non playoff teams.

Mahomes could very well be on the Wilson path, old enough to remember the Seahawks Dynasty talk.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Hmm.

Mahomes is a heck of a lot better than Newton.

I doubt this game ruins him. Especially considering the circumstances were unique.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->