Post-Game Talk: Whats a "Special Teams" Jets lose 5-3

bazaaa*

So what happened to the Buff in front of the net experiment?

Good question. I remember last game they showed the replay of Carolina's goalie (name slipping my mind) getting annoyed because of the presence Buff brought in front of him. He literally couldn't see a thing.

Now here we are this game, and we did get some good hard shots from the point, but not a single body in front.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
I'm not an Antro fan but even I thought he had a pretty good game today.

Antro played very well but he plays to the skill level of the competition. With such a massive frame, it ticks me off when he plays so weak on/off the puck. He should be a beast. I won't mention Byfuglien.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Agreed. I'd sideline Wellwood or perhaps Antropov. I would prefer more toughness and inserting Peluso in the lineup would help tremendously. I think Tangradi and Thorburn are playing more than adequately to remain in the lineup so I wouldn't scratch either of them.

Antropov played bad???
And Tangradi and Thorburn good???
:help::dunno:

Anyone notice this is the 3rd game where Jets' have the momentum and Thorburn takes a "no reason" fight and it wakes up the other team/crowd?

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Just wondering, who is this guy doing the post game with Rick Ralph? It's like I can hear his lumberjack jacket through my radio as I listen..

waldohildahl

Dec 4, 2011
Agreed. I'd sideline Wellwood or perhaps Antropov. I would prefer more toughness and inserting Peluso in the lineup would help tremendously. I think Tangradi and Thorburn are playing more than adequately to remain in the lineup so I wouldn't scratch either of them.

Antro plays well most nights, wellwood needs to play with someone who can score otherwise he has no use. Peluso would have brought some toughness into the lineup. The jets best players got run all night and we let it happen. Kane fought back a little, would have been nice if we had a little more backbone in that game. I thought the one time Peluso played he instilled a little bit more courage in his teammates knowing he was there to back them up. We got beat up tonight by a tougher team. Great game plan by laviolette. A little credit to the jets for taking a beating all game and always getting back up
But it would of been nice to dish it out a bit more. Peluso in the lineup would have done that in my opinion. On another note, wright was great!!!

Kane antro Burmi
Ladd little wheeler
Wright jokinen Peluso
Tangradi slater thorbs

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Just have to put this one behind us. If not for the play of Pavelec and Cam Ward in the CAR game, we lose 7-0. I was glad to see the Jets rebound and play hard.

The calls didn't go our way....but our special teams are atrocious. If we had an average PK and PP, those **** calls don't really factor in and we're a playoff team. We've outplayed most teams 5 on 5 this year.

waldohildahl

Dec 4, 2011
Just have to put this one behind us. If not for the play of Pavelec and Cam Ward in the CAR game, we lose 7-0. I was glad to see the Jets rebound and play hard.

The calls didn't go our way....but our special teams are atrocious. If we had an average PK and PP, those **** calls don't really factor in and we're a playoff team. We've outplayed most teams 5 on 5 this year.

Fire pearn!!!!

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
1. Powerplay is terrible. Geting shots from the point, but not a single person in front of the net.

2. How does Kane come out with two pentalties when two guys come after him?

3. If you're up 3-1 and get two panties five seconds apart, there's something wrong.

Hey, this is a Jets post-game thread, not a Tom Jones thread!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Something I haven't seen much of in the GDT and PGT is comments on Pavs. I thought Pavs played very well for us and deserved a much better fate. Without him early, all the terrible penalties and our terrible PK wouldn't have mattered. I don't know if I can fault him on any of their goals.

In regards to special teams, is there a way to tell what the Jets record would be if every game we had a net 0 in special teams? I.E if the other team got 1 PP goal we get 1 PP goal, etc.

Same on story in regards to the Jets special teams, AND the fact that the Jets cannot keep their minds in the game when their up and need to close it out. As Brogosian mentioned, a good team gets that 3-1 lead on the road and goes on lockdown. We get a 3-1 lead and take weak penalties and give it up.

Games like this make me happy that Chevy wants to build a tougher team. Nothing against Wellwood (liked his play last year), Antro (like what he brings), and pretty much all of our defenseman besides Bogosian, but the Jets were getting run all over the place (a lot of it late), and they needed to start running the Flyers back. Just 1 more reason to count the days for Trouba and Lowry to be in the lineup. Tangradi also better start hitting everything not wearing a Jets jersey or he'll become replaceable in a hurry.

Agree with all the comments on Wright. Would love to see another Wright to replace Thorburn on the 4th line.

Buff didn't look like his usual self to me either. We do need his points, but I also want to see him man handle guys in front of Pavs, and make them regret going to our net. Maybe the groin injury is still bothering him.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Totally agree re: your comments about Pavs, Huffer. He was stellar today, and bailed them out in a big way in the 1st.

Again, it's JP Vigier...

Thanks.

I may have missed the player they were talking about, but it sounded like Trouba. The caller was saying something about being invited to camp, and Vigier said something to the effect of "didn't want to take him away from his season at Michigan" and "didn't want to hurt his NCAA eligibility".

Was just a weird exchange, considering the answer is way more cut and dry than that (ie. Trouba can't participate in anything except the summer prospect camp for as long as he's on scholarship at Michigan).

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't get all this dumping Hainsey talk. At 31 and the way he is playing, I hope the Jets give him a real offer to stay.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I don't get all this dumping Hainsey talk. At 31 and the way he is playing, I hope the Jets give him a real offer to stay.

Well by the most recent caller, he feels Trouba could be ready to make the jump. And we also have Grant Clitsome.

With an argument like that I don't see why he's even still on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad