Post-Game Talk: Whats a "Special Teams" Jets lose 5-3

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Would really like to see Mittens or Peluso in for Wellwood or anyone else, heck Reggie Leach lives in NJ they could give him a one day contract and play him for Wellwood.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Problem is he's trying to pick the top corners because players keep committing to blocking him. There's no one to pass to because Wellwood is snake bitten and Tangradi... well let's just say I'm still not convinced to him being a positive member of this team.

Is he always benched in the third? Barely see him. I see Wright on the ice more often than Tangradi....

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
this game was infuriating. Blame the refs all you want but when you're PK is running at 70% you had better not be taking penalties.

The first penalty taken on that 5 on 3 was the beginning of our demise.

Burmistrov's penalty was just awful. How do you take a hooking penalty in the offensive zone up a goal? With the 30th PK??

Teams that have a 3-1 lead and hand the game back to the opposition do not make the playoffs.

A good team locks it down 3-1. They watch their sticks, they flip it out, they lull the other team to sleep. Especially on the road.

I am so angry and disappointed right now I will just leave it at that.

Hansen Brother

Jul 30, 2011
In TO, from Keystone
I don't understand it Jokinen on the point either. Bogisian can move the puck very well and so can Postma. I don't think we need Jokinen to play the point.

I actually think Postma would play better defence if he would get to move the puck. He looks better when he touches the puck more in an offensive capacity.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I don't understand it Jokinen on the point either. Bogisian can move the puck very well and so can Postma. I don't think we need Jokinen to play the point.

I actually think Postma would play better defence if he would get to move the puck. He looks better when he touches the puck more in an offensive capacity.

Is Bogo the best player on the jets right now?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Would really like to see Mittens or Peluso in for Wellwood or anyone else, heck Reggie Leach lives in NJ they could give him a one day contract and play him for Wellwood.

Wellwood needs a shakeup or wakeup call. He's not his self. He's still being a positive possession player with his IQ and pass steals but without everything else he's being a liability.

I say put in Mittens for Welly and put in Peluso for Thor. For what we lose in those two (not much right now), we may gain in everyone else waking the **** up.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Aside from the brutal reffing:

Clitsome was useless
Postma was totally useless
Tangradi was worse than Clitsome and Postma

and for the most part, Wright was realllly good (a little weak on the backcheck near the end but so were almost everybody).

We need Enstrom back.

Sit Tangradi, move Wright up, and get Peluso in the game.

But the reffing really was brutal and with all of our shortcomings we still should have won the game if not for the reffs. :(

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Give Peluso another chance next game. Take out, Tangradi or Thorburn.

Tomorrow is the biggest game of the year. After this game, we should of won. Its a must win. Be interesting to see the effort we come up with after this heart breaker.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
I'm not a Jets fan but watched the game. The officiating is and was horrendous. It seems the officials job, especially in these afternoon games, is to keep the games close which puts the teams with the lead at a disadvantage while they continue to give the losing team power play after power play on one-sided ticky tac calls. The Jets win that game if not for at least two terrible calls. For whatever reason the Flyers seem to be allowed to play a more physical game that is acceptable to the refs but when their opponent matches their physicality they suddenly feel the need to reign it in.

Good game by you guys. Looked like an easy win if the refs would have kept their hands out of the mix.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Is he always benched in the third? Barely see him. I see Wright on the ice more often than Tangradi....

Thought Tangradi looked real slow tonight, that's the knock on his game, hadn't really noticed how slow he is until todays game. Wright brings more to the team than Tangradi, aside from not picking up a forward on one play Wright was solid.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'm not a Jets fan but watched the game. The officiating is and was horrendous. It seems the officials job, especially in these afternoon games, is to keep the games close which puts the teams with the lead at a disadvantage while they continue to give the losing team power play after power play on one-sided ticky tac calls. The Jets win that game if not for at least two terrible calls. For whatever reason the Flyers seem to be allowed to play a more physical game that is acceptable to the refs but when their opponent matches their physicality they suddenly feel the need to reign it in.

Good game by you guys. Looked like an easy win if the refs would have kept their hands out of the mix.

we kill those penalties it is a non-story, if this team can figure out there special teams LOOK OUT

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I STILL want to see more Peluso.
Why not at this point?

ANYONE would be better then Wellwood out there.
I would put Wellwood on waivers (he has zero value) and play Mittens, Peluso or someone from the rock. You know what you're getting with Wellwood... it's time to try someone else.

Hansen Brother

Jul 30, 2011
In TO, from Keystone
Thought Tangradi looked real slow tonight, that's the knock on his game, hadn't really noticed how slow he is until todays game. Wright brings more to the team than Tangradi, aside from not picking up a forward on one play Wright was solid.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wright rewarded for his effort and moved up next to Jokinen, see if he can put up a few points.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
@ mzappa - that's Anna Kendrick. #Hot

I haven't been a Jokinen critic to this point, but good lord. Dude can't hit the net, he gets a ton of avoidable offsides. He's not creative. Definitely not earning his salary. Trade him for a bag of pucks for all I care.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K
Kane Wheeler and Our 3rd line scrub are the only forwards that have shown the ability to produce at top line-like levels
Agreed. And Little maybe the only one that showed he can produce at secondary levels, IE. 2nd Line. Burmi, is close.

??? don't get either comment

Did TSN 1290 shut down their caller line today?:sarcasm:

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
@ mzappa - that's Anna Kendrick. #Hot

I haven't been a Jokinen critic to this point, but good lord. Dude can't hit the net, he gets a ton of avoidable offsides. He's not creative. Definitely not earning his salary. Trade him for a bag of pucks for all I care.

Jokinen's job is to be a warm body until Scheif is ready for the big league

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
tough break today, I was watching the Flyers feed and even the commentators were shocked at some of the missed calls. Ladd took several bone crushing hits; one right to the jaw. But the refs played the hometown favs today.

Again, I wonder where the toughness has gone. Kane has to fight? Burmi has become our most physical forward?!? Where was the bodychecking and finishing checks in the second and third period? Why was Peluso not inserted in the lineup? Why wasn't the 4th line playing more? All significant questions that fans continue to ask that go unanswered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad