Post-Game Talk: Whats a "Special Teams" Jets lose 5-3

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K
Kane Wheeler and Our 3rd line scrub are the only forwards that have shown the ability to produce at top line-like levels
Agreed. And Little maybe the only one that showed he can produce at secondary levels, IE. 2nd Line. Burmi, is close.

??? don't get either comment

Did TSN 1290 shut down their caller line today?:sarcasm:

Ladd Kane and Wheeler are the only players who have shown they can produce at top line levels.

ATLbound's comment states that Little is the only one who has shown to produce at 2nd line levels but burmi is close.

At first I disagreed with that comment, but now that i think about it, who else would you say, Joki has it in him, but is not getting the bounces/hitting the net

I think burmi is a great defensive presence on any line, our most versatile forward

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
tough break today, I was watching the Flyers feed and even the commentators were shocked at some of the missed calls. Ladd took several bone crushing hits; one right to the jaw. But the refs played the hometown favs today.

Again, I wonder where the toughness has gone. Kane has to fight? Burmi has become our most physical forward?!? Where was the bodychecking and finishing checks in the second and third period? Why was Peluso not inserted in the lineup? Why wasn't the 4th line playing more? All significant questions that fans continue to ask that go unanswered.

Jets 4th line aside from Wright is a liability, why Peluso hasn't played more in place of Thorburn is puzzling.

Your right about the Jets not using their size, Burmi and Kane did throw it quite a bit today.

For a big guy Tangradi plays a small mans game, not sure what some of you are seeing out of him, I'm not impressed.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
At the end of the day, yes the refs- terrible. Couple bad calls hurt us. But end of the day, your PK has to be able to kill some of those. My thoughts on some of our players...

Good: Kane, Burmi, Antro, Hainsey, Clits, Wright, Pavelec, Jokinen- All played very good

Ok: Wheeler, Stuart, Postma, Bogosian

Bad: Little- Weak effort, no passion
Ladd: See Little
Buf: When the game was tough and physical, he played like he was 5 foot 9, 170 pounds.
Tangradi: What happened since those first 2 games??
Thorburn: Good fight. But no hits??

Everyone else technically could fall into the ok category, cause they weren't bad but did nothing to help us win: example, Wellwood.

I don't really know how you have Postma in the ok category and Ladd, Little and Buff in the bad category.

Postma was a giveaway machine and cost us the first goal. He barely saw the ice after that. I think he was benched in the 3rd?

Its obvious that Buff is still hurt, but he had 2 assists and never cost us any goals.
Aside from Little's blown coverage on the last goal both him and Ladd had strong games.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ladd Kane and Wheeler are the only players who have shown they can produce at top line levels.

ATLbound's comment states that Little is the only one who has shown to produce at 2nd line levels but burmi is close.

At first I disagreed with that comment, but now that i think about it, who else would you say, Joki has it in him, but is not getting the bounces/hitting the net

I think burmi is a great defensive presence on any line, our most versatile forward

Gotcha.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
How Kane came away with an extra two after defending himself against the Flyers mob is still up for debate, I mean, it's a tie game, there's flyers players starting to shove the lone jets player for no reason and Wpg gets put down a man? Bad PK or not that was a complete joke and I believe..should've been nothing called or else a Jets PP. the Kane character assassination continued today and the refs are officially on board. Go Jets! And Go Kane Go!

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
we kill those penalties it is a non-story, if this team can figure out there special teams LOOK OUT

I hear you but my point is that if you killed those penalties the refs would have just called more. You can't possibly kill them all. I'm beginning to question the NHL's credibility at this point. The script is becoming as obvious as the WWF. They seem to do whatever it takes to help get the team that is down back into the game and it shouldn't be like that. I didn't watch this game through Jets colored glasses, granted I hate the Flyers so I wasn't exactly impartial either. I do see this trend with the refs in many other games too though.

The Flyers have a knack for capitalizing on plays that never should have been though and that just seems magnify their non-calls or poor calls. Things like the Flyer slash that snaps one of your players sticks while in the offensive zone goes uncalled and while that player is trying to get off the ice the officials call too many man on the ice. Yes it was a mistake by the Jets but one that shouldn't have occurred because the slash should have been called in the first place.

Sorry. I'm not trying to hijack you guys's thread. When I complain about these things when my team loses it just looks like sour grapes or excuses so I like when I can bich and moan when it appears to be somewhat objective. I'll go away now that I've gotten it off my chest.:)

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
How Kane came away with an extra two after defending himself against the Flyers mob is still up for debate, I mean, it's a tie game, there's flyers players starting to shove the lone jets player for no reason and Wpg gets put down a man? Bad PK or not that was a complete joke and I believe..should've been nothing called or else a Jets PP. the Kane character assassination continued today and the refs are officially on board. Go Jets! And Go Kane Go!

love Kane's attitude toward haters

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

bazaaa*

1. Powerplay is terrible. Geting shots from the point, but not a single person in front of the net.

2. How does Kane come out with two pentalties when two guys come after him?

3. If you're up 3-1 and get two panties five seconds apart, there's something wrong.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

:handclap::handclap: Philly seems to be one of the rinks where the crowd intimidates the refs.:shakehead

Hansen Brother

Jul 30, 2011
In TO, from Keystone

I completely agree with you but that doesn't change the fact our PK was 50% and our PP 0%.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I hear you but my point is that if you killed those penalties the refs would have just called more. You can't possibly kill them all. I'm beginning to question the NHL's credibility at this point. The script is becoming as obvious as the WWF. They seem to do whatever it takes to help get the team that is down back into the game and it shouldn't be like that. I didn't watch this game through Jets colored glasses, granted I hate the Flyers so I wasn't exactly impartial either. I do see this trend with the refs in many other games too though.

The Flyers have a knack for capitalizing on plays that never should have been though and that just seems magnify their non-calls or poor calls. Things like the Flyer slash that snaps one of your players sticks while in the offensive zone goes uncalled and while that player is trying to get off the ice the officials call too many man on the ice. Yes it was a mistake by the Jets but one that shouldn't have occurred because the slash should have been called in the first place.

Sorry. I'm not trying to hijack you guys's thread. When I complain about these things when my team loses it just looks like sour grapes or excuses so I like when I can bich and moan when it appears to be somewhat objective. I'll go away now that I've gotten it off my chest.:)

Oh no reffing has been absolute **** this year, but i think it is just NHL mandated strictness

At least the jets didnt get screwed on a "you lightly brushed a player without the puck," interference call

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Peluso would have helped in that game.

I'm the biggest Peluso fan (outside of his family) but this isn't a thread...
Could he have helped? Perhaps.
I think his energy and toughness is an upgrade over some guys lack of effort. But I don't think not having him is why we lost. This probably should just be a post in the PGT, and a thread :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
1. Powerplay is terrible. Geting shots from the point, but not a single person in front of the net.

2. How does Kane come out with two pentalties when two guys come after him?

3. If you're up 3-1 and get two panties five seconds apart, there's something wrong.

So what happened to the Buff in front of the net experiment?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Peluso would have helped in that game.

He likely would have helped in the physicality department over some of our sleepers today but that would only be the case if he played more than 2-3 minutes and stayed out of the penalty box.

Honestly, I don't even view Peluso being in or out of the line-up a big deal in this one. First and foremost our PP (0-21 slump now) and PK really hurt us today. And the fact we blew a 3-1 lead on the road.

Last edited:

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I don't really know how you have Postma in the ok category and Ladd, Little and Buff in the bad category.

Postma was a giveaway machine and cost us the first goal. He barely saw the ice after that. I think he was benched in the 3rd?

Its obvious that Buff is still hurt, but he had 2 assists and never cost us any goals.
Aside from Little's blown coverage on the last goal both him and Ladd had strong games.

Agree with this. And Wheeler got some chances. Postma's hesitation under pressure is costly.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So what happened to the Buff in front of the net experiment?

The Jets lack of execution on the PP goes directly on the coaching (or lack of)

Pearn has done NOTHING to help either the PP or PK, why is he still here?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You don't think laviolette is playing games? He told his guys goon it up so next time peluso is dressed. Them they'll take advantage of him again.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
The NHL is no longer about the game of hockey but rather entertainment so I wouldn't be surprised if the refs are creating more drama. The discretion that these refs have is remarkable. Refs and linesmen are impacting today's game far more than in previous generations.

Although I still laugh watching CFL football. It's an interesting game but every time I watch an offensive play, the WR are running off side and it's never called. Even in the grey cup ... so the NHL isn't that bad (yet).

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets lack of execution on the PP goes directly on the coaching (or lack of)

Pearn has done NOTHING to help either the PP or PK, why is he still here?

We did get schooled on what a good PP looks like, but we have no where near the offensive talent of the Flyers.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The NHL is no longer about the game of hockey but rather entertainment so I wouldn't be surprised if the refs are creating more drama. The discretion that these refs have is remarkable. Refs and linesmen are impacting today's game far more than in previous generations.

Although I still laugh watching CFL football. It's an interesting game but every time I watch an offensive play, the WR are running off side and it's never called. Even in the grey cup ... so the NHL isn't that bad (yet).

Watch an NBA game, travelling hasn't been called since 1985.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
I'm the biggest Peluso fan (outside of his family) but this isn't a thread...
Could he have helped? Perhaps.
I think his energy and toughness is an upgrade over some guys lack of effort. But I don't think not having him is why we lost. This probably should just be a post in the PGT, and a thread :laugh:

Agreed. I'd sideline Wellwood or perhaps Antropov. I would prefer more toughness and inserting Peluso in the lineup would help tremendously. I think Tangradi and Thorburn are playing more than adequately to remain in the lineup so I wouldn't scratch either of them.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Agreed. I'd sideline Wellwood or perhaps Antropov. I would prefer more toughness and inserting Peluso in the lineup would help tremendously. I think Tangradi and Thorburn are playing more than adequately to remain in the lineup so I wouldn't scratch either of them.

I'm not an Antro fan but even I thought he had a pretty good game today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad