OT: Whatcha Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
In honor of finding this [now disgusting] Hüsker Dü–New Day Rising shirt I made learning how to silkscreen. :laugh:
51OYmdm.jpg

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
That's pretty cool, but did you ever fit 785 MB of music onto a 700 MB CD-R?

Oh, I’ve tried ..... but as someone else said here, much respect for posting your actual cool playlist as most of ours from the early 2000’s are dog sh**. Though I had some Beta Band on a few mixes from those years ... but mostly sh**

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Pretty in Pink was the Psychedelic Furs--a English post punk kind of gothic band who had this anti-religious thing going on their first record which IMO was by far their best but the band kind of tried to go mainstream after that which was why I lost interest.

I liked Wire a lot. I still do.

Was sitting in the lobby of a hotel not too long ago when “Until She Comes” came on. Talk about being transported back to a world of memories and mixed emotions.

I don’t think I moved or blinked for 3 minutes. Just froze.

Damndest thing what a song can do.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Was sitting in the lobby of a hotel not too long ago when “Until She Comes” came on. Talk about being transported back to a world of memories and mixed emotions.

Sometimes it's like living in a parallel universe.

Reactions: Edge

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As a kid I can remember being fascinated by the idea of out of body experiences.

As an adult, I’ve found that they don’t quite occur how or when you’d expect.

There are moments though when the stars seem to align and things seem to take on a special intensity. Accept the gifts that life brings your way and surf on them as long as possible.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brett Howden

brett-howden-2018-55.jpg

Young Billie Joe

tumblr_p80yz3Ebx91u4mr23o5_250.jpg

Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one who's been seeing this the entire season.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
As a kid I can remember being fascinated by the idea of out of body experiences.

As an adult, I’ve found that they don’t quite occur how or when you’d expect.

Songs do that to me all the time but I've found the most intense ones come from scents sometimes to the point where it is almost unsettling.

Reactions: aufheben

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Friend works for Nike, grabbed me a pair of Beats StudioWireless headphones ... sound isn’t mind-blowing but it’s a huge improvement over misc. earbuds, and they are comfortable as hell.

Songs do that to me all the time but I've found the most intense ones come from scents sometimes to the point where it is almost unsettling.
I think our sense of smell is the strongest link to memories. Can’t even imagine being a dog. :laugh:

It’s funny you mention that, last week I bought a body wash and the scent vividly turns up memories of playing X-Men for Sega Genesis and Windows Mini-Golf at my cousin’s house one holiday back in what must have been 1993 or 1994—so I would have been 5 yrs old.

Reactions: McRanger

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Can’t remember if this was a thread from a while back. Did a quick search, but was too lazy to delve deeper.

So I’ve essentially been off work for the last three weeks and spending a lot of time with the kids.

Been diving a bit deeper into The Rolling Stones, Beatles and individual efforts, Simon and Garfunkel, Aerosmith and some other older offerings.

So what’s on your playlist these days?

Limp Bizkit Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water!

Wes Borland is probably the greatest drummer of all time.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Limp Bizkit Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water!

Wes Borland is probably the greatest drummer of all time.

Limp Bizkit reminds me of college parties.

And copious amounts of..........uh........................studying and intellectual discussion on a myriad of critical topics facing our society.

[Cough]

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Limp Bizkit reminds me of college parties.

And copious amounts of..........uh........................studying and intellectual discussion on a myriad of critical topics facing our society.

[Cough]
Very deep thoughts to Bizkit. But hey, who didn't do it all for the Nookie?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Been listening the last week mostly to that era directly preceding Brit-pop, when shoegaze was becoming more alt-rock/Americanized: Verve, Swervedriver, Catherine Wheel.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’m not a huge fan of The Cure, but I will admit “Just Like Heaven”, “Friday I’m in Love” and “Pictures of You” transport me to another place.

Reactions: Bluenote13

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So HFNYR's favorite band is the Psychedelic Furs? Can't say I saw that coming. Not gonna be able to listen to anything else for the next two weeks. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad