OT: Whatcha Eatin' - Second Course

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So you have a George Foreman grill?

Yes. My kids use it all the time (we don't). I think we got that from a relative though and didn't buy it. It's the tabletop one that's like a panini press (oh, and we have a panini press too).

I'm sure I'll forget something but off the top of my head:

Vitamix blender, coffee maker, Keurig, toaster oven, food processor, Kitchenaid mixer, handheld mixer, immersion blender, George Foreman grill, Panini press, Sous Vide, Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system, crock pot (2 of them), pasta maker, bread maker, Instant Pot, deep fryer, air fryer, electric grill/griddle, ice cream maker, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. She had an electronic tea pot, waffle maker and a rice cooker, but got rid of those when we "downsized".

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Yes. My kids use it all the time (we don't). I think we got that from a relative though and didn't buy it. It's the tabletop one that's like a panini press (oh, and we have a panini press too).

I'm sure I'll forget something but off the top of my head:

Vitamix blender, coffee maker, Keurig, toaster oven, food processor, Kitchenaid mixer, handheld mixer, immersion blender, George Foreman grill, Panini press, Sous Vide, Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system, crock pot (2 of them), pasta maker, bread maker, Instant Pot, deep fryer, air fryer, electric grill/griddle, ice cream maker, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. She had an electronic tea pot, waffle maker and a rice cooker, but got rid of those when we "downsized".

giphy.gif

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
My wife got a air fryer today at the recommendation of a relative. The box says "replaces 6 appliances", yet I don't see that happening. I think we now own every kitchen appliance in existence.

Air fyers have sort of crept their way into being an essential kitchen appliance. Not necessary, but they certainly make your life easier especially if you're making meals for kids that include chicken nuggets, french fries, tater tots, etc. We haven't explored all of it's potential, but I know people use them for all sorts of cooking healthy, and not. Fried okra is great cooked in an Air fryer.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I made pizzas as well over the weekend as it was 40 C and I didn’t feel like turning on the oven. Started cooking them on a gas grill on a stone last summer because of the weather and it ended up my preferred method because the grill can get so much hotter. These only take about 4 minutes to cook.

Attachments

• 15AE0FD4-885E-48E1-B62D-40B31AC90C5E.jpeg
    15AE0FD4-885E-48E1-B62D-40B31AC90C5E.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 6
  • FBE85985-2412-4789-9C4B-FED742476D19.jpeg
    FBE85985-2412-4789-9C4B-FED742476D19.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 6

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I made pizzas as well over the weekend as it was 40 C and I didn’t feel like turning on the oven. Started cooking them on a gas grill on a stone last summer because of the weather and it ended up my preferred method because the grill can get so much hotter. These only take about 4 minutes to cook.
What sort of wine does one usually pair with pizza?

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Whatever they have in the $15/bottle range. I don’t know enough to tell the difference so that’s the most I ever spend :laugh:
I’m the same way lol. I know you chill white wine, and ports are typically served with dessert, but that’s about the extent of my knowledge. I was only halfway joking when i asked. I was sort of hoping to get a serious a sheet from somebody here.

Reactions: DaveG

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Not tonight. Usually I do them on the big green egg, but it was too hot outside to stand by a 650-700 degree grill so I cooked them on a pizza stone in the oven at 500.

Crust, sauce, and sausage all homemade. Basil, garlic and onions from our garden.

Wood fired pizza on the Egg with fresh ingredients is a delicacy. Well done sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad