GDT: What? Your New Jersey Devils @ Arizona Coyotes, What? 9 PM, MSG+, What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Nothing like Pietila and Noesen on your wings to bring your offensive progress to a screeching halt.

Pav has been here for 3 years and has only had one consistent linemate it seems who is Wood. Shocking that they are good together.

Musical chairs is more fun than Travis and the Texans and Wood with Pav.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Nothing like Pietila and Noesen on your wings to bring your offensive progress to a screeching halt.

Pav has been here for 3 years and has only had one consistent linemate it seems who is Wood. Shocking that they are good together.

To be fair, he started the year last year as our top line center and his offense never picked up.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kink shut out Big D in Oct
Fair point, but why not play him coming off of two straight shutouts? This board would have had a meltdown if Hynes said he was starting Kinkaid on Wednesday morning. I wouldn't have blamed anybody for melting down over that.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
To be fair, he started the year last year as our top line center and his offense never picked up.

I’ve taken naps that were longer in duration than Pav’s time on the first line last year. Not saying he deserved that spot but I don’t see how his current linemates give any confidence to bringing offensive support.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Actually, I thought Zacha did fairly well at 1C between Hall and Palms. Nico just did better. Zacha kind of just faded once he was shifted down.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

I'm with you. I would've gone with the known quantities: Coleman-Zajac-Noesen and Wood-Zacha. Hell, Zacha has a decent rapport with Stafford; that could've been a nice opportunity to reward Stafford's good game in Dallas while not really sacrificing anything from a team perspective.

Perhaps they're feeding off Zacha's newfound confidence and energy to see if he can finally be a line driver? He has certainly looked capable these last few games. There may be some logic to this, not that I necessarily agree with it.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’ve taken naps that were longer in duration than Pav’s time on the first line last year. Not saying he deserved that spot but I don’t see how his current linemates give any confidence to bringing offensive support.

Oh, I'm not saying I expect him to be productive with Blake Pietila at all. :laugh: I'm just saying, he hasn't exactly made the most of his opportunities in the past. And with him playing better, you'd like to see him stick with the guy who helps him out offensively. On the 1st line point, when you see what Nico did between Hall and Palmieri/Bratt vs. Zacha, you see who the real #1C is.

I do agree though that Zacha and Wood seem to get the best out of each other. I guess you could say having these wingers forces Zacha to be the shooter? :laugh:

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Nothing like Quenneville on your wing to smoke the competition for 6 goals every game. Guy, Pietila is replacing a body that has a moldy bagel for points this year. It’s not like Pietila is being inserted while we remove a productive somebody. He’s coming in for a nobody. And Noesen is better than Quenneville.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Love it.

Get the kid a win to bounce back from a turbulent loss.
I find it debatable. I don't want to burn the kid out.

On the other hand, he played well in the loss. Maybe the message is that we're going to start the same goalie till he has a bad game, then switch.

I firmly believe that Kinky was burnt out a bit, and he'll bounce back well after all this rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad