GDT: What? Your New Jersey Devils @ Arizona Coyotes, What? 9 PM, MSG+, What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
FINALLY, coleman gets 2nd line duty to start the game. interesting with zacha though... if he can help make that 3rd like produce, then he'll solidify his role as a middle six C, IMO. this would prove that he can drive a line

The line numbers really don't provide much differential in terms of usage. These lines have by and large been together for a few games if I'm not mistaken.

Coleman is essentially a 2nd line forward in terms of usage. His average TOI per game is only behind Hall, Zajac, Palmieri and Nico among forwards so for all intents and purposes, his usage is that of a 2nd liner.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
FINALLY, coleman gets 2nd line duty to start the game. interesting with zacha though... if he can help make that 3rd like produce, then he'll solidify his role as a middle six C, IMO. this would prove that he can drive a line
Coleman is 6th in forwards in even strength ice time. He's been played like that most of the season.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I HATED the What? chant with stone cold. It's a billion times worse than YES!

And it can't be a Stone Cold thread without

366d7ea4edc487049027d719c2ec3a22.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Where can I see the box scores?
Hockey reference.com. I’m at work and all I have is my phone. Let me see if I can link it to you. I have trouble with copy and paste on here.

I’m having trouble, but it was March 14th of 2015. Henrique, Gionta, Tootoo and Cammalleri scored for us and Cory made 30 saves in a 4-1 win. Severson had two assists. Even Zajac, who only had like 24 points in 74 games that season (or something like that) had two assists in that game.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hockey reference.com. I’m at work and all I have is my phone. Let me see if I can link it to you. I have trouble with copy and paste on here.

I’m having trouble, but it was March 14th of 2015. Henrique, Gionta, Tootoo and Cammalleri scored for us and Cory made 30 saves in a 4-1 win. Severson had two assists. Even Zajac, who only had like 24 points in 74 games that season (or something like that) had two assists in that game.

Got you.

New Jersey Devils at Arizona Coyotes Box Score — January 16, 2016 | Hockey-Reference.com

New Jersey Devils at Arizona Coyotes Box Score — March 14, 2015 | Hockey-Reference.com

Reactions: Bleedred

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
A humble request:

I understand that we lock threads after 1000 posts here, but can that rule be relaxed for the live thread GDTs? That functionality is AWESOME for in-game posting.

Or, alternatively, can that functionality be added to new GDTs if the first one gets locked?
What's so special about the live threads? Haven't used one yet...I don't think.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I’ll be at this one. Looking for a W. Last years gake was brutal :laugh: I was hoping to see Blackwood get the nod but I doubt he’s in. I’ll be a few rows behind whoever’s in net for us.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Blake Pietila in?

This season feels like the Devils are going with a kid's rec league,"everyone must play" rule.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If it were me, I'd reunite Noesen with Coleman and Zajac and put Coleman on the left. I'm still kind of surprised that line hasn't been put back together much this year.

That was going to be my comment. With Zacha showing some fire recently, I'd rather he stay with Wood's infectious energy to keep that vibe rolling.

Splitting hairs, though. I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I know there is no tank talk allowed in the GDT, but that last loss was really crushing for me. Looking at the standings, all the teams we'd have to jump, and the quality of this roster I just don't see any path to the playoffs this year. I still would like to see some improvement from the youngsters, particularly in defense and goaltending. Still though, even a hot second half probably gets us 93 points and the 13th pick.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it's more Quenneville playing like steaming dog****

If he were even competent out there, I doubt Pietila gets in.
It was so obvious this was gonna happen after last game, especially with how non-existent he's been. Frickin Stafford (or whatever's left of him) has 4 times as many points in the same amount of games. When you really don't provide anything worthy, you need to score a point or two in 15 games. If you're a forward picked in the first round of the draft, you're probably expected to have more than 0 points in 15 games played, even in limited minutes. And he has 4 points in 29 career games. He definitely deserved to make the team out of camp, but he hasn't done anything to stay on the team or deserve to get recalled 2 more times like he has. It's like Shero said last year ''Quenneville played so many games here last season because we stunk''. I can see him saying something similar a year from now.

I actually liked him and thought he could be a good player, but he's looking more and more like an AAAA caliber guy. Really good AHL player.
At this point, is Pietila actually a downgrade for JQ?
Not really.

Neither of them can score for shit and Pietila can at least be used on the penalty kill. You might even see Pietila try a bit harder, as he don't make this kind of money too often. He's been a pro for years now and probably makes peanuts. Not to mention that this is probably his last year in the organization (unless he's signed next year?) and after this many years in the pro's, organizations will move on from you if you haven't made the NHL full time.

So maybe we'll see some kind of spark. My expectations are low, but Quenneville has been completely underwhelming.

And someone actually think 64 points for Nico is nothing to get too excited about? That's something to give a trophy too with all the years and years of busted forward picks that preceded him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Agreed

I would have preferred to see Kink in Dallas and Mac tonight, which I had let it be known, but, go with Kink tonight
Why? I thought it would be good to give Blackwood a fairly good team at offense, which the Stars are better at than the Coyotes, even though they're not a powerhouse or anything and they do seem to lack scoring depth after their top line.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Why? I thought it would be good to give Blackwood a fairly good team at offense, which the Stars are better at than the Coyotes, even though they're not a powerhouse or anything and they do seem to lack scoring depth after their top line.

Kink shut out Big D in Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->