GDT: What? Your New Jersey Devils @ Arizona Coyotes, What? 9 PM, MSG+, What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Nothing like Quenneville on your wing to smoke the competition for 6 goals every game. Guy, Pietila is replacing a body that has a moldy bagel for points this year. It’s not like Pietila is being inserted while we remove a productive somebody. He’s coming in for a nobody. And Noesen is better than Quenneville.

Q was playing with Trav and Coleman so Pietila coming in has taken Wood away from Pav. It’s not a one for one switch. It’s a different player and a different group of linemates that most don’t agree with.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes should be fired for making PZ center two offensively devoid scrubs
There's not many options with this Hall-less (and Johansson-less) lineup. So someone is gonna have to play with the scrubs. I'm sure he'll be on the power play too.

Noesen isn't exactly an offensively devoid scrub. He's got some points this year, though not a lot. And he was good last year.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I get giving Kinkaid the start in Vegas because it's been a while. But I also don't get committing to that already before we see how Blackwood plays tonight. Oh well, excited to see how Blackwood responds tonight!

Reactions: Pavail Zachupov

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There's not many options with this Hall-less (and Johansson-less) lineup. So someone is gonna have to play with the scrubs. I'm sure he'll be on the power play too.

Noesen isn't exactly an offensively devoid scrub. He's got some points this year, though not a lot. And he was good last year.

Noesen's game has fallen over a cliff this season

He can't take more than 3 strides without losing his balance and he's been a grenade handler

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Q was playing with Trav and Coleman so Pietila coming in has taken Wood away from Pav. It’s not a one for one switch. It’s a different player and a different group of linemates that most don’t agree with.
Point taken. I don’t much like Wood away from PZ, myself.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Noesen's game has fallen over a cliff this season

He can't take more than 3 strides without losing his balance and he's been a grenade handler
He's been bad for sure, but it's not like he doesn't have history of being a competent player that can pitch in a few goals and assists sometimes.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Point taken. I don’t much like Wood away from PZ, myself.

Having said all that, you were right with the assessment of Q. Just an absolute zero and at this point it’s really hard seeing him as anything but a really good AHL player. I’ve been pulling for him but it’s just not clicking and he has had enough games with decent linemates.

Reactions: Cage Helmet

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Having said all that, you were right with the assessment of Q. Just an absolute zero and at this point it’s really hard seeing him as anything but a really good AHL player. I’ve been pulling for him but it’s just not clicking and he has had enough games with decent linemates.
I’m really okay with completely moving on from him. He’s the last link to the Kovalchuk cause and effect. That’s not the players’s fault, obviously. I see no real future for him here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I get giving Kinkaid the start in Vegas because it's been a while. But I also don't get committing to that already before we see how Blackwood plays tonight. Oh well, excited to see how Blackwood responds tonight!

He does need a day off at some point, but I like the idea of giving him the net right back to bounce back from Wednesday.

See how the kid responds to a little adversity.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
You don't have to refresh your browser. New posts just magically appear at the bottom of the existing posts.

My only issue with it is when a bunch of people are trying to post at the same time it seems to take forever. But that could be more my phone than the site. Not sure if anybody else has the same issue.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Looking forward to celebrating in this manner later.

tenor.gif

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I firmly believe that Kinky was burnt out a bit, and he'll bounce back well after all this rest.

Yeah, same. Plus his schedule was brutal. Would rather see Kinkaid tonight and then Blackwood in a much tougher arena against a tougher team. But excited to see what Mac brings.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I firmly believe that Kinky was burnt out a bit, and he'll bounce back well after all this rest.
Yeah, same. Plus his schedule was brutal. Would rather see Kinkaid tonight and then Blackwood in a much tougher arena against a tougher team. But excited to see what Mac brings.
I think that's a fair assessment. Having to play so many games and no viable backup option until the week before Christmas likely decreased his efficiency.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What's our record against teams that MacLean coaches for? :sarcasm:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
man hynes is a f***ing idiot when it comes to goalie rotation. always has been

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
man hynes is a ****ing idiot when it comes to goalie rotation. always has been
Why? Why not give Blackwood a longer look?

I disagree big time on that. If there's one thing I think Hynes has always done well it's the way he's handled the goalies.

If he were like Pete, Cory would have played some games after he was benched last season, probably after that OT loss that Kinkaid had against the Pens and we would have likely missed the playoffs over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad