Speculation: What would you pay Larkin on an extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Larkin's trade market value should intensify and his market value is pretty much locked. Yzerman's tenure might be riding on this decision. It will be very interesting how he plays it.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Horvat sets the ceiling on an 8 year contract for Larkin. Horvat is having a better contract season and has slightly better advanced stats over his career, so him getting 8.5x8 pretty much torpedoes Larkin's camp's argument he deserves 9 or more.
Or alternately Horvat sets the floor.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He’s going to Boston.

Re-checked that Boston option, and just won't work. They have both Bergreon and Krejci bonuses sliding to next year's cap, which aren't shown clearly on capfriendly.

David Krejci
P. BONUS DETAILS: Games played bonus: $1M at 10GP, $500k at 20GP | $500k bonus earned for playoffs qualification
3.0M total salary including that bonus.

So his caphit is 1.0M, but with bonuses it's 3.0M and everything of that 2M extra will slide to next season cap.

Patrice Bergeron
P. BONUS DETAILS: 10 GP bonus: $2.5M
5.0M total salary including that bonus.

Bergeron caphit is 2.5M, but he has already earned that 2.5M extra bonus for 10 games played. This will slide to next season's cap.

Boston is full against the the cap, so they can't save next season from these sliding overages.

4.5M sliding to next season 83.5M cap will mean Boston has 79.0M "normal" cap for next season. And Pastrnak is UFA, asking for 11.0M.

So they have 16.8M in cap space, have to sign Pastrnak for 10-11M and still missing 6 forwards + goalie to complete the roster. If they add 7 x 850k players + Pastrnak, that's just under the cap.

They can't do anyhow a move to fit Larkin on this team with 8M caphit. It's possible only if Pastrnak will walk.

And without Pastrnak, Krejci and Bergreron, it's a poor team, which won't see the playoffs next year.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Re-checked that Boston option, and just won't work. They have both Bergreon and Krejci bonuses sliding to next year's cap, which aren't shown clearly on capfriendly.

David Krejci
P. BONUS DETAILS: Games played bonus: $1M at 10GP, $500k at 20GP | $500k bonus earned for playoffs qualification
3.0M total salary including that bonus.

So his caphit is 1.0M, but with bonuses it's 3.0M and everything of that 2M extra will slide to next season cap.

Patrice Bergeron
P. BONUS DETAILS: 10 GP bonus: $2.5M
5.0M total salary including that bonus.

Bergeron caphit is 2.5M, but he has already earned that 2.5M extra bonus for 10 games played. This will slide to next season's cap.

Boston is full against the the cap, so they can't save next season from these sliding overages.

4.5M sliding to next season 83.5M cap will mean Boston has 79.0M "normal" cap for next season. And Pastrnak is UFA, asking for 11.0M.

So they have 16.8M in cap space, have to sign Pastrnak for 10-11M and still missing 6 forwards + goalie to complete the roster. If they add 7 x 850k players + Pastrnak, that's just under the cap.

They can't do anyhow a move to fit Larkin on this team with 8M caphit. It's possible only if Pastrnak will walk.

And without Pastrnak, Krejci and Bergreron, it's a poor team, which won't see the playoffs next year.
Thanks for this. I keep seeing random articles, (not verified) about Larkin potentially going to Boston. One this morning said Larkin won't fetch what Horvat did, which is ludacris. I believe the writer had Larkin going to Boston in return for Carlo, their #1 prospect Fabian Lysell, and Mason Lohrei. I laughed, but then realized this wasn't the first article I've seen linking Larkin to Boston. I am not sure why they would get rid of two of their top four prospects for a team that is aging, but they are in the win now mode, so nothing surprises me anymore.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
As always, the source makes me leery but Pagnotta is very tight with some agents so it might be true.

We’re starting to hear progress in contract negotiations between the Detroit Red Wings and Dylan Larkin, with more movement believed to be coming from the captain’s side.

The Wings presented Larkin with an offer last month that, as I reported at the time, which was not received well. Talks have continued and an eight-year extension is still expected. But word on the street is Larkin’s new deal will come with an AAV figure beginning with an eight, not a nine.

Larkin’s camp has been pushing for a contract worth in the $9 million range, but it seems we’ll see a deal in the mid $8 million range when pen is put to paper.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
It will be fun if Larkin will sign for 8-year 8.5M deal.

We have discussed about this topic for 1361 total posts, and The Zetterberg Era guessed the numbers right at 4th page of this thread, already a year ago at January 26th 2022. :D

Hey, don't forget those posters who were saying Larkin would get the Zibanejad deal on page 1! :laugh:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Idk if some reporters are getting old info or what but it seems every week the range closes then opens back up to 8-9. At this point I'll believe it when I see it. Some of these "insiders" are so bad.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
8/70 is 8.75 just to be nitpicky on you, 8/71 is 8.875

I personally hope that that's the contract, 8/70

Damn it, I've done that math so many times. I know it's 8.875. f***. I messed that up. I always screw up some mundane detail.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The kid is absolutely en Fuego lately, now at 55 points in 53 games. Just get him signed already!

rounders-pay-that-man-his-money.gif

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I really have to hand it to Larks about how his offensive play has developed. When he came into the league it was all speed with some quick sniping hands mixed in. He has really evolved into a better all round offensive player that can actually use his linemates.

He is on fire right now and I feel like Stevie told him, you want 9 show me you can pull this team to the playoffs. Prove that you can be a ppg center and stay healthy or play through it. Cut down on the whining and lead.

I still think they meet somewhere in the 8s ultimately but Stevie is going to have a hard time denying 9 if he keeps this up and leads this team to its first meaningful April games in 7ish years.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Idk if some reporters are getting old info or what but it seems every week the range closes then opens back up to 8-9. At this point I'll believe it when I see it. Some of these "insiders" are so bad.

A St. Louis Blues Ballys Sports rinkside personality reporting on the status of Dylan Larkin because why?

The criteria for being a credible source has fallen so far. We likely have people on this thread with better intel than that guy. I second your comment about how many of these insiders are so bad.

Reactions: SoupNazi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad