Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
It looks like a racing for icing hit and the league changed the icing rules so that wouldn’t happen anymore. Also looked like the puck is long gone. Definitely a penalty, and resulted in an injury, which is a lousy exchange, 2 minutes for X games.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I’m glad you’re bringing up the Isles when league wide it’s been noted about Rempe’s antics and what he does. The only people actually trying to defend him are Rangers fans who are used to high hits because of Captain Elbows.
If you’re going to talk about the Isles in those cup runs, bring up the Alex Killorn blindside shot on Brock Nelson that was suspended or the Kucherov tree chop to Pageau’s knee and was brushed off by the league. Tampa ran around both series looking to take guys out, mainly the Coleman-Goured-Goodrow line. The same Barclay Goodrow who trucked Kyle Maclean from behind in a preseason game (first Isles-Rangers one he played in) and acted as if he did no wrong.

Lower the shoulder and no one says a word. Bambi barely bends his knees and expects guys to straighten up so his hits can be considered clean while it’s almost always either at the NHL logo on the collar (at the absolute lowest) or the chin. It’s on the guy throwing a hit to make sure it’s done properly while the guy receiving it can protect himself.
Do you understand how height works? He can’t shrink. He doesn’t try to go high. He hits him straight on. He’s bigger stronger and faster.

If a 7 footer comes to the league and hits Rempe the exact same way, just give us the 2 minutes. Call it equal.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Great clean hit, scary thing is he’s not even running at guys or trying that hard to throw these massive hits. He’s gliding into him and letting up, if you watch other physical players around the league they’re going full tilt into their hits, Dakota Joshua for example goes flying into his hits, which I enjoy watching. I wish Rempe could get away with hitting like that but he’s getting called even for hits where he glides into the guy. Rempe is one of the fastest skaters on the Rangers, if he wanted to those hits would be a lot bigger.

And right now he’s the youngest player on the team and is very scrawny, just imagine when he fills out that massive frame

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
It looks like a racing for icing hit and the league changed the icing rules so that wouldn’t happen anymore. Also looked like the puck is long gone. Definitely a penalty, and resulted in an injury, which is a lousy exchange, 2 minutes for X games.
They did change the icing rules. This wasn’t a play involving icing. Your point is nonsensical.

The puck wasn’t long gone. It was there less than a second before the hit. On tv they said it might have been a tiny bit over what’s acceptable but it was close. Thus 2 minutes.

Is the rest of the league’s fans crying a reason for threads about minor penalties that may have deserved nothing? What are we doing here?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Do you understand how height works? He can’t shrink. He doesn’t try to go high. He hits him straight on. He’s bigger stronger and faster.

If a 7 footer comes to the league and hits Rempe the exact same way, just give us the 2 minutes. Call it equal.
He might hit him straight on but the principle point of contact is at the head. With all the issues about CTE and headshots, the league still refuses to fix the issues. So if Chityl takes a hit like that from Tom Wilson, will you guys be ok because it was “straight on” or would be creating a thread and calling Parros until he suspended? Im going with the latter.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
He might hit him straight on but the principle point of contact is at the head. With all the issues about CTE and headshots, the league still refuses to fix the issues. So if Chityl takes a hit like that from Tom Wilson, will you guys be ok because it was “straight on” or would be creating a thread and calling Parros until he suspended? Im going with the latter.
So this is a fair take. One thing this series taught us is that every fan base will change their opinions in a heart beat. The Caps fans have loved being the bullies for a decade. The fans gloated on big hits. Wilson memes galore. Now we are way more physical and they are cowering. Their fans want the big mean Rangers punished for any hit.

Will there be Rangers fans crying over a hit on Chytil? 100 percent. They will slow the hit down to the millisecond to prove it’s different than what Rempe does. It will be nonsense.
Wilson hit Mika in game 1 late. I wanted 2 minutes. I think Panarin deserved 2 minutes. Be consistent. That’s what I want. Can’t speak for others.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
That happens a ton during the playoffs and i’m fine with the interference call.

The issue is that Rempe is a giant and TVR isn’t.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
So this is a fair take. One thing this series taught us is that every fan base will change their opinions in a heart beat. The Caps fans have loved being the bullies for a decade. The fans gloated on big hits. Wilson memes galore. Now we are way more physical and they are cowering. Their fans want the big mean Rangers punished for any hit.

Will there be Rangers fans crying over a hit on Chytil? 100 percent. They will slow the hit down to the millisecond to prove it’s different than what Rempe does. It will be nonsense.
Wilson hit Mika in game 1 late. I wanted 2 minutes. I think Panarin deserved 2 minutes. Be consistent. That’s what I want. Can’t speak for others.
Every fanbase is like that and we all know this. Panthers fans parade around Nick Cousins knowing all too well what Jason Zucker did to him was exactly what he doesn’t to everyone else. I can see something like that happening just to simply slow Rempe down. Someone catches either him or one of the big name guys on the Rangers just to send a message. It’s going to be one of those players police themselves type of situation.
The officials are blind as a bat and let some insanity go while calling petty stuff just to simply blow the whistle. The you have guys like Wes McAuley who try to act like the star of the show. The playoffs make it even worse.

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020

Chara played 2 decades being bigger than Rempe and avoided making people's faces the principle point of contact. I'm all for hits like this, the game is physical and was better when the players policed it themselves. Players need to protect themselves much better than they do, they've become reliant on the refs doing it, which sucks. The refs just aren't equipped to do it, things happen too fast. I just know Wilson would've been given 5 and suspended for any of the hits thrown since the one that knocked Jensen out before the playoffs. Most fans just want things called consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: dgibb10

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This thread is way too heated with fan banter. If the league is going to pursue this then can revisit.

IMG_0101.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad