Value of: What would you do with Laine?

What would you do with Laine?

• Total voters

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'm guessing he signs a bridge. It could also be a Scheifele/Ehlers-type of deal, but that has it's own risks like the bridge.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Jets fans, what do you want to do with Laine? Personally I think he's too much in his own head and I'd be trying to bridge him to see if he can re-spark that magic from his first two year.

Disclaimer - the Jets are my second favourite team so don't flame me for trying to start drama, this is a genuine question.

Jets Fans- Laine is great, he'll be fine....

I look at poll results....

Jets Fans- Let's lowball him for 5 million.

Best of luck.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
8x8.5

The organization shows confidence in him with the term and makes him the highest paid player on the team, but doesn't overpay. Chevy does it again!

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
I think he rounds into one of the best snipers in the league.
Heck, he's already one of them.
He has some growing up to do, that's for sure.
But a lot of the young stars in todays game need to round out their play without the puck.
Very few of them walk into the NHL and become instant complete players.

He will be a 40 goal scorer for a very long time.
I would lock him up cheap during a slump.

A bridge is ideal for the Peg, but only because they are in cap trouble.
Locking him up at a lower AAV would be idea long term.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
i think a bridge is the only option here. Id be weary about spending big money on someone, even though it most likely is just a slump

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Trade him for whoever will massively overpay for the next Dany Heatley

Even if it turns out to be an Iginla for Niewendyk trade a cup would be more than worth it. Jets could get high impact additions at high impact positions like C and LD. Imagine Jets going into the 2019 playoffs with something like Henrique and Fowler

Reactions: purdy44

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
8mx5 and hope for the best.

In a year it could be the best deal in the league.

Knowing Laine he'll finish the year with 40 goals.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Laine is smart he signs an offer sheet. The 5 million bridge talk is bogus.

He’s one of the best snipers in the league and just saw the Matthews contract. Why on earth would you risk alienating your superstar forward with a low ball contract.

We’re already talking about a franchise with a pending question mark in the Trouba contract situation. You wish to risk another star? By all means low ball him.

Reactions: TML1990

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
8mx5 and hope for the best.

In a year it could be the best deal in the league.

Knowing Laine he'll finish the year with 40 goals.
that'll be a major boon of a contract
If Laine is smart he signs an offer sheet. The 5 million bridge talk is bogus.

He’s one of the best snipers in the league and just saw the Matthews contract. Why on earth would you risk alienating your superstar forward with a low ball contract.

We’re already talking about a franchise with a pending question mark in the Trouba contract situation. You wish to risk another star? By all means low ball him.
he simply isn't worth anything close to Matthews. AM34 is a superior player that plays a more-coveted position than Laine. What do you think is a fair contract for him?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kids got 100 NHL goals as a 20 year old scoring .5 goals per game. A fan base of an undesired market is talking about low balling him. This should workout well...

Reactions: VainGretzky

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
10/2 The new bridge deals for RFA. Find your game and you can make some serious cash in a couple of years.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Get him a proper center to play with, tell him to skate around more instead of rooting in one place waiting for a one timer, and have the Internet/wi-if disabled in all hotels during road trips.

Reactions: Jake Barnes

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
that'll be a major boon of a contract

he simply isn't worth anything close to Matthews. AM34 is a superior player that plays a more-coveted position than Laine. What do you think is a fair contract for him?

He’s worth the Draisaitl contract maybe even a little more. Let’s be honest if Winnipeg won’t pony up. Another team will

Imagine if he had an elite center man. Laine should hardball if they low ball him.

Reactions: TML1990

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
He’s worth the Draisaitl contract maybe even a little more. Let’s be honest if Winnipeg won’t pony up. Another team will
I think my bridge example was far too low. I would think something like 8.5M x 2yr would be the type of bridge he'd get.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Imagine if he had an elite center man. Laine should hardball if they low ball him.
If he'd accept that i think the Jets would be more than ecstatic inking him to that deal (8.5M x 8). However, I think Laine would be selling himself short if he signs for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad