Value of: What would you do with Laine?

What would you do with Laine?

• Total voters

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Jets fans, what do you want to do with Laine? Personally I think he's too much in his own head and I'd be trying to bridge him to see if he can re-spark that magic from his first two year.

Disclaimer - the Jets are my second favourite team so don't flame me for trying to start drama, this is a genuine question.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
jets got to be the this good by not trading young players or prospects. not ever. not once. not ever. anyone who thinks they would consider trading him haven't been watching them the last 8 years. considering trades with him is a complete waste of time. they still haven't given up on petan and dano and they are 24.

Reactions: GaryPoppins

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Bridge him.. keep the AAV down and hope he rounds out his game in the next 2-3 years
Ya I'd be hesitant to sign a guy long term when he hasn't developed anything new in his arsenal in the last year. I hope he figures it out soon tho

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
You put him in a situation to succeed, for example play him with Scheifele, have him get his confidence back and go from there.

Guy can't go from superstar to bust overnight.

Maybe he's playing injured, who knows.
I was on the Jets board and saw that he played with 55 and 26 last game but didn't really get much going. Might've been because they played the Sharks. Hopefully they keep him there and see if he can get a spark and run with it

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
bridge

he's in a slump but that doesn't negate his numbers from the past 2.25 years. trading him whilst his value is at his lowest is an act from the Chiarelli school of GMing

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Mar 26, 2010
No Jets fan by any means, But this is a very tricky contract to figure out. Do you try and bridge him or get a deal with term done.

Don’t see him signing anything under $10M AAV. Maybe he will get offersheeted?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Huh...wondering if this is a guy you offersheet if the jets are only looking to bridge. Not sure Laine would accept a short term deal like that.
hmmm

if he gets offersheeted at 10.1M+ level, that's 4 1st rounders+room to sign Stone

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Laine will be getting 10 000 000 at least per season either Winnipeg gives it to him or some other team will offer sheet him and that will force Winnipeg to match or lose him. Either way Laine will be a 10 000 000 player .

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think Jets match & say thank you very much especially if that number starts with an 8
Alright, i was only asking if his slump continued and the Jets were leaning toward a bridge....would put them in a spot they may not want to be in.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
What wouldn't I do with a 6 foot 5 Finn with a 10 inch shaft at the end of his stick.
I'm imagining Laine with Eichel and I don't like it, because then the Leafs play Laine 5 times a year.

Reactions: Hasek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad