Speculation: What was LA trading to Montreal now that we see what they got from Vegas

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I am remember a tweet by mackenzie or dregger someone along those s line saying something to the effect that king made a deal Friday night contingent on him resigning and it was under a time restriction because of a pic in the next round

This article (https://www.tsn.ca/draft-day-deal-to-send-pacioretty-to-kings-fell-through-1.1122333) says: “Whatever we had on the table before…’ Let’s assume that you could get a contract done now. I don’t think they can retroactively go back and say, ‘We’ll just revive the deal we had on the table Friday night,’ because a lot of the pieces no longer apply, or some of the pieces no longer apply.

Best guess is included L.A’s first round pick as part of the deal.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The difference in value between Muzzin a top pairing defenseman and Patches is not a 1st and a mid prospect so Hell no to that.

Now toffoli is a right wing why would la trade there best right wing for a left wing who would be behind Kolvo on the depth chart. Also The difference between Toffoli and Patches is not Our best defensive prospect and a 2nd

Imo dolan anderson and a 2nd was the offer You all may not like it but it would be closer as the kings are in a win now why would they give up someone from the roster

That is so far off Bergevin’s ask. I remember at the deadline the price asked was a top prospect (Suzuki), a younger goal scorer (Tatar) and a high draft pick (2nd rounder).

Dolan-Anderson isn’t even a top prospect. 2nd is fine and you’re still missing top 4 LHD/younger scorer

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
That is so far off Bergevin’s ask. I remember at the deadline the price asked was a top prospect (Suzuki), a younger goal scorer (Tatar) and a high draft pick (2nd rounder).

Dolan-Anderson isn’t even a top prospect. 2nd is fine and you’re still missing top 4 LHD/younger scorer
just because vegas paid what they paid doesn't mean la would So let not try and think different

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
just because vegas paid what they paid doesn't mean la would So let not try and think different

That’s where you’re wrong. Bergevin set a price at the deadline and would not go below that. He held on Pacioretty at the TDL because no one was prepared to pay the price. A deal was made with L.A at the draft (and with Detroit somewhere in the summer) but Pacioretty refused both contract extentions (6x6).

Vegas also met Bergevin’s price and was able to agree to an extention (7x4) with Patches. That is the only reason Patches is in Vegas now and not L.A.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
ok back to the "offers" you think happened both toffoli and muzzin are not far off Patches in one for one Let s not try and dismiss patches down year last year. Next lets talk about toffoli. He is a right winger and the kings have no replacement for him in the top 6 So to even mention him is delusional However the difference between him and Patches is not as much as u think Comparing him to tartar is comparing apples to oranges as Tartar would not put up the same point in la as he did else where I wish people would realize la is the best team defensively in the nhl last year and players have to sacrifice points to play this style Also Toffoli plays on the nhl best pk something patches cant say.

As for muzzin he would be a top pairing defenseman in Montreal and they have more value then a 17 goal 20 assist - 16 winger So sorry to say no they wouldn't match that sorta offer
The kings are looking to add to a roster to compete this year Losing either one of muzzin or toffoli would be countering this. Pieces i see in deal dolan anderson a 2nd maybe Amadio or brodzinski

Reactions: kingsofLA

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think you can assume it was a comparable package. MB clearly was holding out for a good return and wouldn't have pulled the trigger unless he felt it was the best he would get.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
ok back to the "offers" you think happened both toffoli and muzzin are not far off Patches in one for one Let s not try and dismiss patches down year last year. Next lets talk about toffoli. He is a right winger and the kings have no replacement for him in the top 6 So to even mention him is delusional However the difference between him and Patches is not as much as u think Comparing him to tartar is comparing apples to oranges as Tartar would not put up the same point in la as he did else where I wish people would realize la is the best team defensively in the nhl last year and players have to sacrifice points to play this style Also Toffoli plays on the nhl best pk something patches cant say.

As for muzzin he would be a top pairing defenseman in Montreal and they have more value then a 17 goal 20 assist - 16 winger So sorry to say no they wouldn't match that sorta offer
The kings are looking to add to a roster to compete this year Losing either one of muzzin or toffoli would be countering this. Pieces i see in deal dolan anderson a 2nd maybe Amadio or brodzinski

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but aside from Tatar’s last ~25 games, his age/carreer production is as close as it gets to Toffoli’s so these two are a wash (or close to be).

So depending on who the prospect coming back is (Clague/Dolan-Anderson), a high (1st or 2nd) draft pick would also be included.

No matter how you twist it, Bergevin set a price at the TDL and he got exactly what he wanted so I doubt he would’ve accepted less from L.A just because it fits your agenda.

Maybe you would’ve hated the trade and that’s ok but to think Bergevin would’ve accepted less is simply wishful thinking.

That being said, maybe Muzzin + Dolan-Anderson + 2nd would’ve fit L.A needs a bit more than Toffoli + Clague + 2nd. The facts remains that there’s no chance that Bergevin would have settled for Dolan-Anderson + 2nd + throw in prospect

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
which is fair to say i just don't see toffoli valiardi or muzzin being main pieces
I think JAD was the prospect. I love Villardi, but his back issues are damn scary to be the main piece back. We pretty much know there was a 1st rounder coming back. In terms of the veteran roster piece, who knows.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Sorry if I hurt your feelings but aside from Tatar’s last ~25 games, his age/carreer production is as close as it gets to Toffoli’s so these two are a wash (or close to be).

So depending on who the prospect coming back is (Clague/Dolan-Anderson), a high (1st or 2nd) draft pick would also be included.

No matter how you twist it, Bergevin set a price at the TDL and he got exactly what he wanted so I doubt he would’ve accepted less from L.A just because it fits your agenda.

Maybe you would’ve hated the trade and that’s ok but to think Bergevin would’ve accepted less is simply wishful thinking.

That being said, maybe Muzzin + Dolan-Anderson + 2nd would’ve fit L.A needs a bit more than Toffoli + Clague + 2nd. The facts remains that there’s no chance that Bergevin would have settled for Dolan-Anderson + 2nd + throw in prospect

I hate to hurt your feeling but red wings don't play the same style as the kings and he would not score close to the same on the kings How hard is it to realize scoring is going to be down on a team that plays defense first hockey seriously

Spin it however u want but you wouldn't have got much more then just muzzin maybe a 2nd

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think JAD was the prospect. I love Villardi, but his back issues are damn scary to be the main piece back. We pretty much know there was a 1st rounder coming back. In terms of the veteran roster piece, who knows.
Okay veteran roster piece sounds like Clifford to me I wouldn't like it but i would agree to it 2nd jad and clifford ( again the rumor come out the kings reached a deal on Friday Night which is after the first round was done)

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
ok back to the "offers" you think happened both toffoli and muzzin are not far off Patches in one for one Let s not try and dismiss patches down year last year. Next lets talk about toffoli. He is a right winger and the kings have no replacement for him in the top 6 So to even mention him is delusional However the difference between him and Patches is not as much as u think
What you're telling me ? That Toffoli worth almost as much as Patches ? That Toffoli is almost as good as Patches ? That Toffoli is as much consistent as Patches ?

Toffoli is WAY closer to tatar for a comparaison then he is to Patches

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Okay veteran roster piece sounds like Clifford to me I wouldn't like it but i would agree to it 2nd jad and clifford ( again the rumor come out the kings reached a deal on Friday Night which is after the first round was done)

I thought it was pretty understood the deal was for a first. Maybe the rumor came out after the deal was off the table.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
What you're telling me ? That Toffoli worth almost as much as Patches ? That Toffoli is almost as good as Patches ? That Toffoli is as much consistent as Patches ?

Toffoli is WAY closer to tatar for a comparaison then he is to Patches
Patches 17 goal 20 assists 37 points -16
Toffoli 24 goals 23 assists 47 points plus 9 in a season without carter to play with What Patches has done in the past is just that in the past. Can he rebound sure but going forward i would much rather take the kid who has scored 30 goals in la defensive system

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I thought it was pretty understood the deal was for a first. Maybe the rumor came out after the deal was off the table.
I read a tweet that the deal was done friday night which was after the draft so the 2018 first was over with already no could the person we drafted be apart of it sure or 2019 pick maybe

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Patches 17 goal 20 assists 37 points -16
Toffoli 24 goals 23 assists 47 points plus 9 in a season without carter to play with What Patches has done in the past is just that in the past. Can he rebound sure but going forward i would much rather take the kid who has scored 30 goals in la defensive system
Hahah ok bro you're right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad