Speculation: What was LA trading to Montreal now that we see what they got from Vegas

member 88115

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but aside from Tatar’s last ~25 games, his age/carreer production is as close as it gets to Toffoli’s so these two are a wash (or close to be).

So depending on who the prospect coming back is (Clague/Dolan-Anderson), a high (1st or 2nd) draft pick would also be included.

No matter how you twist it, Bergevin set a price at the TDL and he got exactly what he wanted so I doubt he would’ve accepted less from L.A just because it fits your agenda.

Maybe you would’ve hated the trade and that’s ok but to think Bergevin would’ve accepted less is simply wishful thinking.

That being said, maybe Muzzin + Dolan-Anderson + 2nd would’ve fit L.A needs a bit more than Toffoli + Clague + 2nd. The facts remains that there’s no chance that Bergevin would have settled for Dolan-Anderson + 2nd + throw in prospect
respect your opinion, but totally disagree. Tatar was more of a dump like player, which neither Toffoli or Muzzin are. Muzzin holds more value than Max. And Toffoli might have less value, but had an extra year on his contract and has a decent of out producing Max. And to still add a pick and a really good prospect is almost crazy talk.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
ok back to the "offers" you think happened both toffoli and muzzin are not far off Patches in one for one Let s not try and dismiss patches down year last year. Next lets talk about toffoli. He is a right winger and the kings have no replacement for him in the top 6 So to even mention him is delusional However the difference between him and Patches is not as much as u think Comparing him to tartar is comparing apples to oranges as Tartar would not put up the same point in la as he did else where I wish people would realize la is the best team defensively in the nhl last year and players have to sacrifice points to play this style Also Toffoli plays on the nhl best pk something patches cant say.

As for muzzin he would be a top pairing defenseman in Montreal and they have more value then a 17 goal 20 assist - 16 winger So sorry to say no they wouldn't match that sorta offer
The kings are looking to add to a roster to compete this year Losing either one of muzzin or toffoli would be countering this. Pieces i see in deal dolan anderson a 2nd maybe Amadio or brodzinski

Not sure what kinda weight you're expecting this to have considering Toffoli had a whopping 28 seconds average TOI on PK last year. On average Patches played PK almost four times as much as Toffoli. Toffoli has undeniably more value than Tatar but they are from the same mold: smart goal scoring wingers who aren't exactly lighting their team up when they're not scoring.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
think how u like We will see going forward on who scores what
Think how I like lol ? He have 5 30+ goals in his back pocket without true C's. Hes over 0.65/0.7 ppg in 6hundred sum games. Hes career +\- is 36 hes a reliable on defense player. Hes only 29 & had one bad year on a very bad team among the last in the league for gf, with alot of pressure and he probably lost motivation and devotion. He for sure gonna bounce back this year with a contender team.
He is for sure a PROVEN 1st LW around the league.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Patches 17 goal 20 assists 37 points -16
Toffoli 24 goals 23 assists 47 points plus 9 in a season without carter to play with What Patches has done in the past is just that in the past. Can he rebound sure but going forward i would much rather take the kid who has scored 30 goals in la defensive system

I mean if you take GP out and without looking into it I imagine Pacioretty played harder matchups and minutes.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Think how I like lol ? He have 5 30+ goals in his back pocket without true C's. Hes over 0.65/0.7 ppg in 6hundred sum games. Hes career +\- is 36 hes a reliable on defense player. Hes only 29 & had one bad year on a very bad team among the last in the league for gf, with alot of pressure and he probably lost motivation and devotion. He for sure gonna bounce back this year with a contender team.
He is for sure a PROVEN 1st LW around the league.
All of which i will say is possible. Let not forget Patches plays more mintues then toffoli Toffoli plays on a team that you have to play defense first. A fact that lowers your points Something ur conveniently ignoring I will take the younger player as he has more upside going forward imo You seem happy with ur trade so be happy and not drag king fans into a pointless debate as no one will ever know for sure.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I mean if you take GP out and without looking into it I imagine Pacioretty played harder matchups and minutes.
My friend i am not saying that Toffoli is better then patches only arguing the plus to him should he have been in the trade which i dont believe for a sec as we have no one to replace him. Person would at least make sence

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
All of which i will say is possible. Let not forget Patches plays more mintues then toffoli Toffoli plays on a team that you have to play defense first. A fact that lowers your points Something ur conveniently ignoring I will take the younger player as he has more upside going forward imo You seem happy with ur trade so be happy and not drag king fans into a pointless debate as no one will ever know for sure.

I'm not going into this debate, but the bolded part is not an argument as Habs are the same if not more since they lack offensive talent. Heck, it's true for almost all the teams in the league.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

You think Claude Julien's system is some fireworks show where defense is a four letter word? LA is not the only team in the league where forwards are required to play a two way game.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Oh ok my bad... I didnt realize that C.Julien was an offense first type of coach. & on top of that last year with had one legit 1st liner ib the team & it was patches, trust me all that lower your amounts of point.
&
Aint no debate if you really think that toffoli worth as much as Patches. Like I said in my response.
"Hahah ok bro youre right"

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So, Bergevin does well in a trade, and now we're willing to pretend he's some savant that's actually been bending GMs over barrels for a while instead of the guy Canadiens fans can't wait to shoot out of a cannon.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Lmao... Toffoli was not part of the trade. Kings need more scoring. There would be no point in trading anyone who currently contributes in scoring.

From multiple Kings insiders, the trade from the Kings was Muzzin, Anderson-Dolan, and 2nd round pick (maybe that 2nd was a 1st but who knows).

TBH, I'm happy that trade didn't go through. Anderson-Dolan is looking like he'll make the roster next year and he's only 19 + I really like who we got in the 1st round (Rasmus Kupari) and 2nd round (Akil Thomas).

My guess is Kings will be able to trade Muzzin at the deadline if/when we need more help scoring. Just glad we can stop seeing the Vilardi + for Patches hahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad