Bridge or Long Term

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think he signs an 8 year 44M contract and everyone is happy.
I think for 8 years we have to hit $6 M AAV. That puts Morrissey at 31 y/o for his next contract. I'm calling $5.333 X 6 years putting him in perfect position for his next contract.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I think for 8 years we have to hit $6 M AAV. That puts Morrissey at 31 y/o for his next contract. I'm calling $5.333 X 6 years putting him in perfect position for his next contract.

I wouldnt mind 6 years at all

I think morrisey gets something similar to trouba at 5.5

Closer to 6.
Thats what i would give him for fairer value
I believe he's worth 5 right now and think he could he could end up being worth 6 next year. He probably believes that in himself too.

If they could end up getting him at 5.33 that would be amazing

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Listening to chevys last 2 interviews he mentioned something called tagging when he was asked about signing Laine. I asked on another thread what it meant. Someone said it means that basically there could only be so many long term contracts handed out this summer. If most got long term that Laine could not be extended. But only hellebuyck got extended long term so there might be a chance that both morrissey and Laine could get extended. But if only 1 can be then I would choose Laine because if he goes off for 60 it could cost 3 million more then it might cost this year.

You think theyre already trying to sign laine?

Laine is probably worth 6.5 for a 5 or 6 year deal
But would cost you at least 7

Jets would have to gamble more on a player like laine to get him locked up long term
And i haveva feeling laine and his agent are betting on him to be worth a lotnog money

Leon draisaitl costs edmonton oilers 8.5 million a year lol
How dumb

So sign morrissey long term because either way laine is going to cost a lot

Last edited:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
You think theyre already trying to sign laine?

Laine is probably worth 6.5 for a 5 or 6 year deal
But would cost you at least 7

Jets would have to gamble more on a player like laine to get him locked up long term
And i haveva feeling laine and his agent are betting on him to be worth a lotnog money

Leon draisaitl costs edmonton oilers 8.5 million a year lol
How dumb

So sign morrissey long term because either way laine is going to cost a lot
laine as a 50 goal score or 60 goal score would cost a lot more then he would today. more then the difference between Morrissey today or next year. I am saying if they only could do 1 of the 2 long term laine would be the smarter choice. but otherwise I would do Morrissey long term like I have stated many times before.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
laine as a 50 goal score or 60 goal score would cost a lot more then he would today. more then the difference between Morrissey today or next year. I am saying if they only could do 1 of the 2 long term laine would be the smarter choice. but otherwise I would do Morrissey long term like I have stated many times before.

Well i aint banking on laine scoring 60 goals next season. Maybe 50, but lets see first lol
His potential is alreary very expesive
Unlesd they can get a solid deal like pastrnak you're going to end up paying something likenl draisaitl which is already expensive

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well i aint banking on laine scoring 60 goals next season. Maybe 50, but lets see first lol
His potential is alreary very expesive
Unlesd they can get a solid deal like pastrnak you're going to end up paying something likenl draisaitl which is already expensive
I'm just hoping Chevy goes out and signs Laine before the season starts. He isn't getting cheaper no matter what happens, and if he really breaks out he could be a cap breaker.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'm just hoping Chevy goes out and signs Laine before the season starts. He isn't getting cheaper no matter what happens, and if he really breaks out he could be a cap breaker.

Thats what i mean. I dont think laine is that's what i mean. I dont think you save much with laine

Unless you think they can get laine for 7 or under right now which i doubt

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If Laine wins the Rocket Richard trophy next year with 50+ goals, what is his value then?

A $9.5 mill aav deal this summer for 8 years might be doable. Wouldn’t be next summer.

But this is the Morrissey thread. Sign Josh Chevy. Long term. At fair price. That is all.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Today would be a good day for a long term Morrissey signing. I'm thinking if it was going to be a bridge it would have been done by now. The kid is a main building block for the future. Lock him in now and in a couple years he will be seen as a value contract.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Seems the longer it takes for an announcement, makes me think that Chevy is negotiating a long-term deal with Josh! Get 'er done Chevy!

Reactions: Hunter368

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
5 years 27.5 million. Keeps salaries in line, and him around as long as Scheifele. He only sacrifices one year of free agency, which is the golden goose for every player.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Brady Skei just signed a 6 year deal at an AAV of $5.25 million. That is another solid comp for a Morrissey deal.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Today would be a good day for a long term Morrissey signing. I'm thinking if it was going to be a bridge it would have been done by now. The kid is a main building block for the future. Lock him in now and in a couple years he will be seen as a value contract.

????

Maybe the delay is because one party (could be either) wants a bridge and the other does not.

We've heard nothing, so we have no idea why it isn't done yet. Chevy doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get these remaining RFAs signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad