What to do with Morrissey

Bridge or Long Term

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
It could be they agreed on a price but need to move someone quicky to free up cap space. Maybe they are working on a deal sending someone else away.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I’m just praying Chevy does not bridge Morrissey.... that would be the worst

It may be a cap management necessity. It may take 6 to get him locked up long term and we have only 5.5. In that case a bridge is the best way to go. In fact, maybe the only way to go.

It does take 2 sides.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with a bridge deal.

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
It may be a cap management necessity. It may take 6 to get him locked up long term and we have only 5.5. In that case a bridge is the best way to go. In fact, maybe the only way to go.

It does take 2 sides.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with a bridge deal.
I agree it could easily be a cap management move but I would hope the Jets to lock up one of their cornerstone young D they'll need 2 especially as I've said before if Morrissey get PP time those numbers will easily go up

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree it could easily be a cap management move but I would hope the Jets to lock up one of their cornerstone young D they'll need 2 especially as I've said before if Morrissey get PP time those numbers will easily go up

If Trouba had signed, I fully expected a bridge for Morrissey. It was only after Trouba went through arb that I decided I preferred LT for Morrissey. I wanted at least 1 of them locked up.

I think bridge deals will become the norm in future for good young players coming off ELCs. The alternative is to trade one of the good young players to open up a little breathing room.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
The poll was.... what would you like to be done.... not what will happen.
I know. That‘s why I posted my answer.
Stuart comes off the list, Wheeler gets a raise, that leaves you 5m to sign Connor and Laine. Good luck with that.
I‘m not sure about any bonusses Laine will get, but you are already in cap hell and your window is now.
Hoping for a long term contract for Morrissey is not clever.
After 3 expensive signings this was the first smart one.

2 years was exactly the correct thing to do and what you should have hoped for.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No need for the thread now, done deal.

9.9% of voters selected bridge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad