Confirmed with Link: What to do With Iafallo / Update: Iafallo re-signed 4 years, 16 million

What to do with Iafallo

• Total voters

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Fair value given what he provides. Kings have the space (and some buyout contracts coming off the books) to counter flat cap for next few years. While I would have preferred only three years, I am not reading any trade protection so that is good.

Hopefully they can sign AA and that should wrap things up.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
4x4 like the burger
upload_2021-4-12_10-51-27.jpeg

This is happy time!
tenor.gif

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
After generations of butchering the last name that's what you get...I as in a long I...A as in a short A,Fall...short A again and then the O which is long...Can't happen its either long or short vowels not a mixture in any language that hasn't butchered a pronunciation!
Seem pretty weird to rant over something the player himself pronounces it I a fallo but thats what makes you you Have a nice day

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty much exactly what i thought--Blake budged on a year more than he'd like to get AAV down a slight bit and give AI, a good soldier, more security.

Great deal.

If no one steals the LW1 spot in the next 4 years we have bigger problems than AI, and it's also nice to know that if Byfield/Turcotte steal the show as 1C/2C we have a hell of a 3rd shutdown line with Iafallo/Kopitar.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I think that's a great deal. I think of $6-7 million for the top line guys so $4 million a year for a 2nd line guy makes sense to me.

Reactions: Lt Dan

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think that's a great deal. I think of $6-7 million for the top line guys so $4 million a year for a 2nd line guy makes sense to me.

$1m for every 10pts is something I once read somewhere and generally agree with. At least for role players. Top names, you tend to have to give extra for the privilege of them signing with you.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Not terribly surprising. I'm not as bullish on him as @bland is but you also have to have actual players on this team moving forward. A contract ending at age 31 is not bad at all. Only way it made sense was if you could get a late 1st but, even then, that only made sense if you could package it for immediate help. There is no guarantee that could happen so flipping him just for the sake of acquiring another pick obviously wasn't as appealing to Management.

Trading him for futures also sends a bad message to 11 and 8. I fully believe that Management expects to be a playoff team/contender with 11 and 8 still on this team so you can't just flip a guy for a pick that, in a vacuum, won't be contributing while 11 is on his current contract.

I think they keep AA as well. Last year was the end of the sell-off of good players for futures.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Cool signing. Like the player a lot. Only thing I'm really curious about is how the brass see the Kings. It's a good contract for sure. I think this might mean the Kings think they're still a playoff team still.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Pour one out for @andys
LMFAOOO

Random, but if I was AI I would have signed on another team with a location that's low taxes. This is going to be the biggest contract in his life. I would have personally avoided the California taxes and cost of living.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
@andys in shambles right about now. Yafallo re-signing has to be a nightmare for him.

But for real, are two players going to come in and knock him out of a top six left wing spot? Let's assume that does happen, Iafallo would be overpaid on the third line by what, a million at most? Oh no! For a whole year or two? Say it ain't so!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Cool signing. Like the player a lot. Only thing I'm really curious about is how the brass see the Kings. It's a good contract for sure. I think this might mean the Kings think they're still a playoff team still.

Management thinks they are a playoff team next season and Blake is going to do some shopping this off-season to help get them there. Making the playoffs this year was always a best-case scenario as Blake made no serious additions to help make them a playoff team.

Reactions: Schrute farms

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I like the deal for both team and player. Kopitar will stay happy as he loves playing with Iafallo. The kids coming up also get to watch a player that has made it by playing his tail off. He may not be your typical first line player but he feels the spot in LA and does a good job.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad